The Student Room Group

french a2 higher or lower?

hey guys im a bit of an amateur to this whole ib thing but im moving and the school im going to only offers IB..so i was wondering, should i take IB french a2 higher or lower? On the IB website it says:

"courses are designed for students who have a high level of competence in the language they have chosen. They include the study of both language and literature, and are available at higher level and standard level."

Im predicted an A* at GCSE and got 90% on my mock but it sounds like the higher level might be for people who are basically bilingual or amazingly good...so higher or lower?

Reply 1
well? anyone?
solegna22
hey guys im a bit of an amateur to this whole ib thing but im moving and the school im going to only offers IB..so i was wondering, should i take IB french a2 higher or lower? On the IB website it says:

"courses are designed for students who have a high level of competence in the language they have chosen. They include the study of both language and literature, and are available at higher level and standard level."

Im predicted an A* at GCSE and got 90% on my mock but it sounds like the higher level might be for people who are basically bilingual or amazingly good...so higher or lower?

I would NOT do A2 unless you are actually bilingual. I would take B SL or HL, depending on where your interests lie. If you wish to pursue French, then do so. If you don't like French too much, I would go for B SL. If you are bilingual or near-fluent, then take HL A2 if you are interested in french and good in the language or SL A2 if you don't care about french too much.
Reply 3
ok thanks you helped a lot :smile:
A2 is for people who are fluent or near-fluent! Go for french B - and do that at HL if you want. There isn't a whole lot of difference between HL and SL in B languages, or at least I don't think so
Reply 5
If you have a flaring passion do French A2, but it will be hard.
Reply 6
Even French B @ HL I found hard,& I m bilingual.So I d advise u to do it @ SL French B.
Doesn t French A have like loads of analysing of novels.

What s probably best 4 u to do is 2 look @ the exam papers & compare.

http://www.ibo.org/diploma/curriculum/examples/samplepapers/documents/gp1_frencha1hl2.pdf
http://www.ibo.org/diploma/curriculum/examples/samplepapers/documents/gp2_frencha2sl2.pdf
Reply 7
I suggest u pm ppl (such as IBtired ,ernestycli )They might have some 4 u,if u ask them nicely

or do a search 4 different papers.or ask IB coordinator/teacher about it.
There s also freeexampapers.com ,but I think their site isn t extremely safe.
I suggest u discuss ur level with ur teacher.
Good Luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending