The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hillary Clinton will win. I can't wait for that day. And before you women-haters jump on my sh*t...you don't have the foggiest what the outcome will be...so don't bother with some smarmy comment.
Yes quite, take note edders. :rolleyes:

I'd like to hear why you thought I had "no idea" when I have offered statistics putting Hilary Clinton as favourite Democrat candidate at the moment. Would you be so presumptuous as to suggest that the Republicans are certain of victory? Or is it just that you have absolutely no idea about the issue?
Reply 22
Fash_da_illest
Hillary Clinton will win. I can't wait for that day. And before you women-haters jump on my sh*t...you don't have the foggiest what the outcome will be...so don't bother with some smarmy comment.

Another gem that you learned in your geography class?
Reply 23
the latter. honestly! englishstudent that little boy has no idea on the subject! theres nothing worse than someone arguing for the sake of it. Don't worry - not long before we see Hillary in the White House and hopefully the devistation left by the republicans won't be too irreversable.
Reply 24
wow...you really are jelous of my achievement..I would almost feel sorry for you..until I remember that we have a labour government so I couldn't really care less what you say! i'm laughing at you right now!
Reply 25
Fash_da_illest
the latter. honestly! englishstudent that little boy has no idea on the subject! theres nothing worse than someone arguing for the sake of it. Don't worry - not long before we see Hillary in the White House and hopefully the devistation left by the republicans won't be too irreversable.

Your prediction is just as likely to be proven false as his. Look in the mirror before making fun of someone else.
Reply 26
gosh...are we in play school? you need to grow up child.
Reply 27
Tell me what makes you so certain that Clinton will win, other than the poll that is? Who do you think will vote for her that didn't vote for Gore or Kerry?
Reply 28
Fash_da_illest

What exactly is the "devistation" (sic) that the Bush administration has caused that you presume Hilary Clinton will overturn? Perhaps a comparison between the politics and policies of President Bush and President Clinton on the very issues which you will specify would provide a more indicative response to see how Hilary Clinton will tackle them.

In my humble and enitrely unempathatic opinion, Hilary Clinton is entirely the wrong figure to lead the Democratic Party, precisely because she is a woman. I would have no objection whatsoever to her appointment as the Democratic candidate, because, as a supporter of Republican ideals, she would almost guarantee Republican success in 2008. Of course the proviso of conservative victory would be the selection of an experienced male right-winger to challenge a controversial Democrat.
englishstudent
She has stated over and over again that she is not going to run.
That blows a hole in my idea, then! I wonder how I managed not to hear about that?

If the Democrats are really as riddled with leadership struggles as thermoregulatio suggested, maybe the Republicans will stay in - although who will be President I couldn't say.

Fash_da_illest, what makes you so sure that your unsupported statements are any better than anyone else's unsupported statements? There's a good bit of evidence been posted that Hillary might have a rocky road to the White House - if she gets there at all - and all you are doing is spraying insults which is, ironically, a tactic worthy of a playschool squabble.
Reply 30
The sad fact is that the candidates for both the republicans and the democrats will not be decided by the citizens of the United States, but by Washington insiders and Corporate giants.

Super Delegates are delegate votes vocally given out to a candidate before any of the primaries. Basically, the party big wigs get behind one guy and hand him a head start so big that is is very difficult to overcome. Bush got all of the almost all of the super delegates in the 2000 election and Dean got almost all of the Super Delegates in the 2004 election. In almost all cases, the recipiant of these 'super delegates' (which are counted along side the state delegates from various primaries) goes on to become the parties nomination for president.

Howard Dean was a chance exeption.

For example, before the New Hampshire primary in 2000 (before any citizen had a chance to vote) Howard Dean led all candidates by something like 150 delegates where as NH only gives like 28.
Kondar
The sad fact is that the candidates for both the republicans and the democrats will not be decided by the citizens of the United States, but by Washington insiders and Corporate giants.

Super Delegates are delegate votes vocally given out to a candidate before any of the primaries. Basically, the party big wigs get behind one guy and hand him a head start so big that is is very difficult to overcome. Bush got all of the almost all of the super delegates in the 2000 election and Dean got almost all of the Super Delegates in the 2004 election. In almost all cases, the recipiant of these 'super delegates' (which are counted along side the state delegates from various primaries) goes on to become the parties nomination for president.

Howard Dean was a chance exeption.

For example, before the New Hampshire primary in 2000 (before any citizen had a chance to vote) Howard Dean led all candidates by something like 150 delegates where as NH only gives like 28.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Boo hoo. There are greater problems than that primary favorites are decided by party officials rather than "the populous." I mean, if everyone hates the party candidate, then they could just vote for someone on an independent ticket. There are greater travesties...

Edit: Could your signature be any more verbose?
Reply 32
I bet NOONE has a clue what I want to be when I grow up. :biggrin: I've said it in a thread before...
Reply 33
Bismarck
Tell me what makes you so certain that Clinton will win, other than the poll that is? Who do you think will vote for her that didn't vote for Gore or Kerry?

Gore lost because of BUSH. His brother changed the votes in Florida in 2000!!!! :vmad:
Reply 34
~MOi~
Gore lost because of BUSH. His brother changed the votes in Florida in 2000!!!! :vmad:

Yeah, we know it's the governor that counts the votes. :rolleyes:
Reply 35
psychic_satori
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Boo hoo. There are greater problems than that primary favorites are decided by party officials rather than "the populous." I mean, if everyone hates the party candidate, then they could just vote for someone on an independent ticket. There are greater travesties...

Edit: Could your signature be any more verbose?
?? You inhaling all those chemicals around you at school? My post simply illustrated that the while process is not as 'democratic' as some believe it to be.

Could you be any more of a .......? You need to tone it down a notch sweet heart :wink:

AND BY THE WAY--> Ha Ha, I hope they never play hockey again, because HOCKEY SUCKS!!
Kondar
?? You inhaling all those chemicals around you at school? My post simply illustrated that the while process is not as 'democratic' as some believe it to be.

Who exactly believed that primary elections were the pinnacle of democracy? For starters, you can only vote in one if you are a member of the party... :rolleyes:

Could you be any more of a .......? You need to tone it down a notch sweet heart :wink:

Well, that's just your own fault for misreading the tone. I can't be bothered to hold your hand and tell you when I'm picking on you, and when I'm actually attacking you. You should be able to differentiate between the two by now.

AND BY THE WAY--> Ha Ha, I hope they never play hockey again, because HOCKEY SUCKS!!

Well, considering that you also hoped Kerry would become President, I think the Fates are on my side. Oh, and if hockey actually sucked, then you wouldn't care if it was being played, which totally summarizes my feelings toward that abomination with the hoops played on a court that y'all are so fond of in your neck of the woods.
I'll settle this argument for you: they both suck. So does "American Football".

What sucks even more is being woken up by one of your dogs licking your armpit.
Reply 38
psychic_satori
Who exactly believed that primary elections were the pinnacle of democracy? For starters, you can only vote in one if you are a member of the party... :rolleyes:
Actually, not true. You only have to be a member of a specific party to vote in that party's primary in a handful of states. Most primaries allow anyone to vote regardless of party offiliation.

Furthermore, the super delegates still affect each party- for example, if I like Kerry, then the super delegates given to Dean hurt him. Again, these delegates do not come from the voters themselves, but from THE MONEY.
Well, that's just your own fault for misreading the tone. I can't be bothered to hold your hand and tell you when I'm picking on you, and when I'm actually attacking you. You should be able to differentiate between the two by now.
Satori, your such a sweet and flowery girl that talking to you is like holding hands
Well, considering that you also hoped Kerry would become President, I think the Fates are on my side. Oh, and if hockey actually sucked, then you wouldn't care if it was being played, which totally summarizes my feelings toward that abomination with the hoops played on a court that y'all are so fond of in your neck of the woods.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Thats why hockey got the can. Does anyone even care?
Reply 39
englishstudent
Yes quite, take note edders. :rolleyes:

I'd like to hear why you thought I had "no idea" when I have offered statistics putting Hilary Clinton as favourite Democrat candidate at the moment. Would you be so presumptuous as to suggest that the Republicans are certain of victory? Or is it just that you have absolutely no idea about the issue?
I have no idea what hes talking about Adam, most of the dems I know are salivating over the possibility that Hillary will part the clouds and shine down on the US. To many people the Clinton name is heaven sent. Id say there is no democrat that comes close to having the ability to solicit the support or passion that she can. At this point, she IS the front runner for the dems in 08.

Latest

Trending

Trending