Flippin Credit Companies Watch

This discussion is closed.
Savage Noodles
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
This morning I had lots of fun ringing Apple trying to order my Powerbook and iPod combo on the student discount jobby, now, the apple sales guy was really friendly and a lovely bloke and helped loads.. but.. I wanted to apply for the student offer (important part that) of 10 months intrest free credit to pay it off in installments (a 17" powerbook doesnt come cheap!!)

They put me through to the credit company.. and to tell a long story short.. they reject my credit application because for the last 3 years... I havn't been earning over £800 a month... :eek: for pete's sake its a student offer If you can find me a regular student whos been earning £800 a month for the past 3 years I'd be suprised... I'm fuming!!

(p.s I put £350 in my account each month.. and the payments are only £180.. also they dont "take into account" my student loan as "this will be paid termly not monthly".. Grrr..)

so in short... watch out if you were considering taking up this offer!!!!
Steeeeevo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well Apple's are expensive anyway, I think they are expecting that if you are getting an apple your parents will be paying for it who they would expect to be in a full time job earning £800+ a month, A bit unfair I know (especially if your parents aren’t prepared to buy you a laptop) but its the only way they can guarantee that they will get the money for the laptop as a students income is rarely a steady one.
Savage Noodles
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Ahhh but, its a student offer, in relation to the 10% discount, so you cant apply for the credit unless you YOURSELF are a student using a bank account in your name, so unless parents have been putting this £800 a month into the students account for the last 3 years it wont work (I asked if I could get the credit in my parents name and no such luck )
SuperhansFavouriteAlsatian
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'll be the first to say it, since someone will:

It's an oman. Don't get a Mac! Why oh why would you get a mac?!
santogold
Badges: 14
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by DanGrover)
I'll be the first to say it, since someone will:

It's an oman. Don't get a Mac! Why oh why would you get a mac?!
Because for some, Macs are just a tiny tad more useful than for others.

To be honest, I could not do with a Windows machine what I can do with my ibook.
So next time, please spare us with prejudices, please.

As far as the 17" Powerbook goes, I guess the credit company just wants to be sure. After all, a lot of s*** goes on.
Steeeeevo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Savage Noodles)
Ahhh but, its a student offer, in relation to the 10% discount, so you cant apply for the credit unless you YOURSELF are a student using a bank account in your name, so unless parents have been putting this £800 a month into the students account for the last 3 years it wont work (I asked if I could get the credit in my parents name and no such luck )
Ahhh, well in that case I agree, its is 100% stupid, apple should be ashamed
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1335)
79.65%
Leave (341)
20.35%

Watched Threads