Turn on thread page Beta

James Corden:Does anyone like him or find him funny? watch

ReputationRep:
    I know he generally only really appeals to the thick demographic, but there must be a few more people who enjoy the work of this talentless box headed cart for him to be getting so much air time recently.

I hate his whole persona, pretending to be mates with everyone and the fat bubbbly taking the piss out of himself act he does all the time. It was alright when he mainly doing things like Gavin and Stacey, but suddenly he's responsible for the world cup song, part of soccer aid, got his own world cup show and not to mention appearances on bgt and doctor who.

Absolutely sickening that this unfunny **** will be plastered all over the screens during the best month of the sports calendar and worsen the viewing pleasure of the greatest tournament there is. His 'comedy' makes stuff by Russel Howard and Michael McIntyre actually seem beareble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    I know he generally only really appeals to the thick demographic, but there must be a few more people who enjoy the work of this talentless box headed cart for him to be getting so much air time recently.

I hate his whole persona, pretending to be mates with everyone and the fat bubbbly taking the piss out of himself act he does all the time. It was alright when he mainly doing things like Gavin and Stacey, but suddenly he's responsible for the world cup song, part of soccer aid, got his own world cup show and not to mention appearances on bgt and doctor who.

Absolutely sickening that this unfunny **** will be plastered all over the screens during the best month of the sports calendar and worsen the viewing pleasure of the greatest tournament there is. His 'comedy' makes stuff by Russel Howard and Michael McIntyre actually seem beareble.
    I think I might actually love you.

I agree with everything you have said. Personally I think he's completely intolerable, when he was celebrating the win with Brawn GP last year I just thought "Who the hell is this guy, do jog on you unfunny cretin".

I can't stand him, he gives fat people a bad name.

ReputationRep:
    I just don't get him...at all. He has never made me laugh, I thought his career had died but he has come back with a vengeance this summer!

And did you have to bring up Michael McIntyre? I would never get tired of punching him.

ReputationRep:
    He'd be alright if he wasn't everywhere. He's on Doctor Who next week, ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I see him acting like a **** ( so anytime I see him) I always enjoy remembering him in Teachers being a complete loser :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed his passion at Soccer Aid, not going to lie.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, simply don't get him, or his limp mate Horne. Don't see any appeal in Ricky Gervais either. I find a lot of current comedy very tiresome as it always seems like they have to try not to offend anybody in the whole wide world, which is kind of limiting. At least there's Frankie Boyle to upset just about everybody in the whole wide world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyp123)
    I enjoyed his passion at Soccer Aid, not going to lie.
    Well that's it I think, he's rubbish at comedy but as being a decent enough guy, he's probably alright.

ReputationRep:
    hes a ****

ReputationRep:
    Fat and unfunny.

ReputationRep:
    i think he's okay, in gavin and stacey. lol apart from that no.

ReputationRep:
    The only reason none of you like him is because your a bunch of stuck up, arrogant, **** heads who look down on lower class comedians like James Corden, Micheal MacIntyre, Russel Howard, who anyone with a modest and open sense of humour will find hilarious. Get of you're high horses and chill out get with the comedy of our generation i.e Banter, immature and realistically funny events. ps OP I guarantee you, any of the comedians you clearly detest are 1 million times funnier than you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greig_R)
    your a bunch of stuck up, arrogant, **** heads
    Now if I posted that I'd get a warning :woo: Personally, I like your style, but expect the TSR Police along any minute to rap your knuckles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Walter Ego)
    Now if I posted that I'd get a warning :woo: Personally, I like your style, but expect the TSR Police along any minute to rap your knuckles
    Some of the warnings I've had on here are horrific.

Overmoderation FTL

ReputationRep:
    Micheal MacIntyre and Russel Howard = funny

Corden = not funny

anyone seen that classic Lesbian Vampire Killers?

ReputationRep:
    I dont know what you lot are on about, i find him hilarious. especially the sports relief show he put on.

ReputationRep:
    He's unfunny.

Is he like a ploy to make fat people 'cool'?

ReputationRep:
    I like him

ReputationRep:
    Smithyyyyyyy (Y)
    Hes amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Walter Ego)
    Nope, simply don't get him, or his limp mate Horne. Don't see any appeal in Ricky Gervais either. I find a lot of current comedy very tiresome as it always seems like they have to try not to offend anybody in the whole wide world, which is kind of limiting. At least there's Frankie Boyle to upset just about everybody in the whole wide world
    eh?
    Gervais has made a career out of viciously hurting any minority group he felt like targeting under the banner of post modern irony.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 11, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.