Turn on thread page Beta

Bad driving habits! (wheelspins and stuff!) watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any bad habits like doing wheelspins, handbrake turns and stuff like that?

ReputationRep:
    not as extreme at that! sometimes when im on a roundabout i wont indicate all the way round, only when i come off.

ReputationRep:
    well, i keep driving on the wrong side of the road- i'm learning to drive!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say things like handbrake turns are habits :P, my worst things are mainly kinda petty offences, even though some times where its safe, it can be fun to do the type of stuff you mentioned :P

ReputationRep:
    I coast like anything now I don't have a driving intrscutor sitting next to me telling me it's a bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    i tend to be a sensible driver. i dont even think i could do wheelspins and handbrake turns

i have a bad habit of annoying people that drive to close to me during the day. i will turn my lights on as to show they are my brake lights. it makes them slow down but you gotta be careful when doing it because a car may assume you are signaling forr them to pull out !! but i've not come across that yet!

ReputationRep:
    I drive too fast, and am probably too confident in my driving ability

ReputationRep:
    Ive got a nasty habbit of putting my foot down when I see an amber light (and I dont mean on the brake) I even failed my first test because of it but hopefully not on monday! (my second test btw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steeeeevo)
    Ive got a nasty habbit of putting my foot down when I see an amber light (and I dont mean on the brake) I even failed my first test because of it but hopefully not on monday! (my second test btw)

tut, tut, you boy racer!

ReputationRep:
    I've stopped doing handbrake turns since I broke the handbrake doing them!! That was fairly costly

ReputationRep:
    ah, but have you ever done anything as spectacular as drive through a red light (I honestly didn't notice) and almost hit a bike if it wasn't for the examiners dual control brakes? That was my fourth test. Good luck for monday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T. Hereford)
    tut, tut, you boy racer!
    I know I dont mean to do it I just sort of... do, but other than that Im a VERY careful driver (I only got 3 minors in my test, all on manuvers (sp?) and 1 of them I disagree with, its just their amber for so long, easily beatable however its not big, not clever and not legal and not recommended on test day.

(Original post by steerpike)
    ah, but have you ever done anything as spectacular as drive through a red light (I honestly didn't notice) and almost hit a bike if it wasn't for the examiners dual control brakes? That was my fourth test. Good luck for Monday!
    AHHH yes, lesson 11, 10 minutes after starting, I think it was an omen of things to come. I seen amber PUT IT IN SECOND FOR THE ACCELERATION :eek: !?!?!?!?! put my foot down, the lights just turn red, instructor brakes and I missed a car by about 2 or 3 cm, I couldn’t believe it infact I nearly quit driving because of it. I’ve never done something so stupid again but I did sometimes run amber lights when I could really stop but never if I know its going to turn red before I get there, but still I should have really stopped. But I have learned my lesson now, £45.50 is allot of money to waste for the sake of waiting a few minutes and I don’t fancy getting points on my licence for it either so I think I will be doing that again in a hurry!

ReputationRep:
    AHHH yes, lesson 11, 10 minutes after starting, I think it was an omen of things to come. I seen amber PUT IT IN SECOND FOR THE ACCELERATION :eek: !?!?!?!?! put my foot down, the lights just turn red, instructor brakes and I missed a car by about 2 or 3 cm, I couldn’t believe it infact I nearly quit driving because of it. I’ve never done something so stupid again but I do sometimes run amber lights when I could really stop but never if I know its going to turn red before I get there, but still I should really stop. But I have learned my lesson now, £45.50 is allot of money to waste for the sake of waiting a few minutes and I don’t fancy getting points on my licence for it either so I think I will be doing that again in a hurry!
    Personally I think they should install trained monkeys at traffic lights that wave at you whenever it's green, and growl at you when you it's red. Far more easier to understand than colours

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think they should install trained monkeys at traffic lights that wave at you whenever it's green, and growl at you when you it's red. Far more easier to understand than colours
    lol, its not really that, its just the bit in the middle that’s so confusing, its not quite stop, not quite go but I hate to wait about so I prefer to think of it as go if you can, stop if you cant rather than the other way around, but its just a bad habit I will have to get rid of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tdg1986)
    I've stopped doing handbrake turns since I broke the handbrake doing them!!
    Very funny

ReputationRep:
    I coast like anything now I don't have a driving intrscutor sitting next to me telling me it's a bad thing.
    ah good point, me too! I've got this strange idea in my head that makes me think I'm saving a fortune in petrol by doing it (especially in city driving) :P:

i often drive over the speed limit.... not much tho, and only when its clear and open so i can still stop in time. also at certain lights go thru on amber/red because i cant be arsed to stop. why should i get stuck at 3 sets of lights for 20 seconds each to turn right on a roundabout

(Original post by theisticandy)
    ah good point, me too! I've got this strange idea in my head that makes me think I'm saving a fortune in petrol by doing it (especially in city driving) :P:

youll not be savin much. you also have to remember that power assisted steering and brakes wont work so youll have to press the brake a lot harder to stop. altho i have to admit ive done it a few times before

ReputationRep:
    I used to drive a micra and had a bad habit of turning corners when accelerating too much, so the inside wheels would make a squeaking noise. Also sometimes did the odd unintentional wheelspin when starting uphill.. I was quite aggressive with the clutch/accelerator because the car was kinda sluggish otherwise.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.