Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it. I'm sure I'm not gonna find it too difficult even if I do get to stay in a shared room.
    There was someone else on this thread that was willing to swap a shared for a single room in Linstead. If he/she is a she then you might be able to switch with her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lazio)
    Don't worry about it. I'm sure I'm not gonna find it too difficult even if I do get to stay in a shared room.
    There was someone else on this thread that was willing to swap a shared for a single room in Linstead. If he/she is a she then you might be able to switch with her.
    Yep I will PM him/her in a minute...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ponjavic)
    What you studying?

Anyone else have 3404.80 for willis jackson? :rolleyes:
    ISE, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonRemedy321)
    ISE, you?
    ISE?

I'm mech eng =)

ReputationRep:
    ISE?
    Information System Engineering, I think.

ReputationRep:
    mine's 3404.80 =D

hi, the same price!!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamnotajoker)
    hi, the same price!!! :p:
    If PoisonRemedy321 didn't have the same price I'd be like **** yeah, I'm sharing a twin with a girl :cool:

we might be neighbours though :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If PoisonRemedy321 didn't have the same price I'd be like **** yeah, I'm sharing a twin with a girl :cool:

we might be neighbours though :rolleyes:
    Sorry to dissapoint you, although I do look like one

And yeah ISE is Information Systems Engineering or EE with Comp Sci

ReputationRep:
    woooohoooo
    i FINALLY got my accomodation offer (go me)

Fisher Hall, haven't checked which type of room yet

Cya there folks

EDIT : twin room, although my mum wants to move me to some other hall
    might end up not being in a hall after she's done :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wineblood)
    woooohoooo
    i FINALLY got my accomodation offer (go me)

Fisher Hall, haven't checked which type of room yet

Cya there folks
    haha awww never mind :P

Question about accommodation -

You know we had to pay a £100 deposit? Well when does that get taken off? Our first payment? Second? Third? Or do we just get it back at the end?

ReputationRep:
    Back at the end

*strokes extra £100* There there my sweet, you'll be spent soon enough...

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Am i the only one who has not received an accommodation letter yet?

They have said I have a room but I still havent received the letter - i spent TWO HOURS(!) trying to ring them continuously today but their phones were constantly busy...grrrr.

Anyone any advice?

Thanks

Jess

ReputationRep:
    I had my student loan installment letter today; it was so depressing. Taking away my accommodation fees from my loan this term leaves me with £40 to live on. I've saved up some money and I have got a job sorted...but £40? What on earth can you do with £40? That's a night out....or a pair of jeans...or acouple of text books.... HOW do students live???

ReputationRep:
    not yet ?? damn, i thought i was the last one to get it. deadline is friday so i doubt you'll be able to send it back on time (same here). no real advice here, just telling you other people are getting their stuff late too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    I had my student loan installment letter today; it was so depressing. Taking away my accommodation fees from my loan this term leaves me with £40 to live on. I've saved up some money and I have got a job sorted...but £40? What on earth can you do with £40? That's a night out....or a pair of jeans...or acouple of text books.... HOW do students live???
    Well, if you've got a job sorted it shouldn't be too bad. I haven't got one yet, hehehe, going to try and get something easy like work at the union bar when I get there. Should be able to earn enough that way to live off the earnings plus I've got my savings to spend on anything else I need.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know Katie, I had my letter today as well.

The stupid thing is, we pay different amounts for each term's accomodation, as the number of weeks in each term vary. Yet our student loan instalments are payed in equal 3rds... so you end up with hardly any money at all!

I think I may have even less than you per week! That's why I've been working this summer... it means that I will just about balance out

ReputationRep:
    Lol, fair point. By the way, aren't you going to get transferred from your current work branch to the Kensington branch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galois)
    Lol, fair point. By the way, aren't you going to get transferred from your current work branch to the Kensington branch?
    yeh - hence I wrote "I have a job sorted" !! And it was actually the Kingston branch, but I have a job interview tomorrow to see if I could get a job at the new Covent Garden branch!

How much would current students advise to be the maximum number of hours you should work during your first year??

ReputationRep:
    here's a tip on saving money which some people don't seem to understand

"alcohol is NOT essential"

ReputationRep:
    yeh - hence I wrote "I have a job sorted" !! And it was actually the Kingston branch, but I have a job interview tomorrow to see if I could get a job at the new Covent Garden branch!

How much would current students advise to be the maximum number of hours you should work during your first year??
    i didn't work this year, but i don't think doing more than 3 days a week is good, as it will eat into all your studying/social time, as well as leaving you exhausted. so maybe 2 afternoons a week?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.