The Official "Where are you staying?" Accomodation Thread! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Gauss
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by [email protected])
yeh - hence I wrote "I have a job sorted" !! And it was actually the Kingston branch, but I have a job interview tomorrow to see if I could get a job at the new Covent Garden branch!

How much would current students advise to be the maximum number of hours you should work during your first year??
Oh yeah, sorry lol, nead to stop spead reading!

Good luck on the interview.

I'd say 8 - 10 hours a week, and you'll be OK .
[email protected]
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
i didn't work this year, but i don't think doing more than 3 days a week is good, as it will eat into all your studying/social time, as well as leaving you exhausted. so maybe 2 afternoons a week?
okay thank you all for advice - except Wineblood. (Bad advice there for a fresher!) I did always intend to live up to the "work hard play hard" ethos, but obviously don't wanna end up burning myself out!
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by [email protected])
okay thank you all for advice - except Wineblood. (Bad advice there for a fresher!) I did always intend to live up to the "work hard play hard" ethos, but obviously don't wanna end up burning myself out!
there's always Sundays to sleep it all off. Unless you have to work that day... which I would heartily discourage.

And don't worry, there is plenty of cheap booze around to satisfiy alkies like you and I, [email protected]
Lazio
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Is it just me or does the accomodation office just not bother picking up the phone?!
RObTRIP
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
linstead hall single room
49xx a year
student loan is 42xx

(xx cos i dont remember)

gona need a job :s
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by medicinalherbs)
Hi

Am i the only one who has not received an accommodation letter yet?

They have said I have a room but I still havent received the letter - i spent TWO HOURS(!) trying to ring them continuously today but their phones were constantly busy...grrrr.

Anyone any advice?

Thanks

Jess
Well that's good news anyway! When ringing the accommodation office at a busy time I used the BT 'ring back' function and stayed near the phone - saves trying constantly and as long as you pick it up quickly you should get straight through when the line's free.
Mehh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Wineblood)
here's a tip on saving money which some people don't seem to understand

"alcohol is NOT essential"
You don't know that. You aren't a student yet.
Tom H
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Mehh)
You don't know that. You aren't a student yet.
I dunno dude, I'd listen to a guy with wine for blood
crunchie127
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Lazio)
Is it just me or does the accomodation office just not bother picking up the phone?!

I managed after a few tries :confused:
They don't like e-mailing back either. Grrrr.
crunchie127
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by RObTRIP)
linstead hall single room
49xx a year
student loan is 42xx

(xx cos i dont remember)

gona need a job :s
Another Linsteadian

It's a bit steep isn't it :eek: . You're not even getting the full loan!
ZeroAvatar
Report 13 years ago
Parsons House.
38-something-something pounds.

Erm...I'm getting this odd feeling that Parson is a bit of a dump. Can somebody prove me wrong?
- N -
Report 13 years ago
Orient House £5022.08 a yr 38 weeks :eek:
Adarah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Not essential for you, mate

Actually I have learned my lesson and while I do still enjoy getting slightly drunk, I know when to stop as I never want to get really, really drunk again and do things I'll most certainly regret.
riccardo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Adarah)
Not essential for you, mate

Actually I have learned my lesson and while I do still enjoy getting slightly drunk, I know when to stop as I never want to get really, really drunk again and do things I'll most certainly regret.
such wisdom
pole_from_swede
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

no no no !!!! it is a blasphemy!!!!aaaa!!!! stop it!!! :p:
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
by the way, does anybody here who's got a Beit Hall single ensuite room know how much they are paying per week?

(get the total room price for the year and divide by 34)
not1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
by the way, does anybody here who's got a Beit Hall single ensuite room know how much they are paying per week?

(get the total room price for the year and divide by 34)
Probably something hideous like 130 a week. :eek:
Knight /|\
Report 13 years ago
I got my accomodation offer today,just 2 days before we have to accept or not!Willis Jackson House,Twin study bedroom :mad: :eek: .Is there anything i can do because i'm really mad with this offer.I want my own space!Is it better to accept the offer and wait until there is another room to change later(and what happens if there won't be one?will i have to pay for the whole term if i decide to leave the hall in the middle of the term?) or reject it and start searching for private accomodation?Is it possible to swap my offer with someone else?
Thanks!
s_rainsbury
Report 13 years ago
Hall
Linstead Hall

Type
Single

Distance from campus
5 Mins Walk

Opinion
Looks great; really close to the med school, and its not huge (200 people) so it means that there is a really strong "community" there (which is what I was told in the covering letter for it!). I cant wait for the first evening - tequila shots in my flat for everyone in it!!! (I only have 1 litre though) See you there
PoisonRemedy321
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Why are there so many people moaning about having to have a twin room? It was my first choice! I'd rather have company.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (64)
29.63%
No - I got the required grades (123)
56.94%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (29)
13.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise