Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonRemedy321)
    Why are there so many people moaning about having to have a twin room? It was my first choice!
    ditto. it may be a lot of fun. on the other hand, if you are unlucky with a roomy chosen to you, and you are not a very sociable person, then it will suck as hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pole_from_swede)
    ditto. it may be a lot of fun. on the other hand, if you are unlucky with a roomy chosen to you, and you are not a very sociable person, then it will suck as hell.
    God don't put me with pole :argh:

ReputationRep:
    Hey there guys! How y'all doin?

Got my mum to read me my accomodation offer over the phone to me as i am in Oz at the moment (come back on thurs!). I've been given a Twin Standard at BSH which initially i was a bit vexed with since i had put down a triple as my first choice (i simply cannot afford a life of luxury in a single). Price is £3498 for 38 week let which in hindsight now im happy with as the hall does look very very nice. 78 students so you cant really get a better community feel than that. Plus it has just been refurbished in 2002 so the rooms will be very new. It has a massive TV plus a pool and table football table and another common room with a tv for watching dvds, playing consoles etc.

I'm gettin a transfer down from my job up in Edinburgh here too so that will help with the financial burden too. But hey ho, we're students now!! It's a rite of passage to eat re-heated pizza for breakfast and eat baked beans out of the tin! Im just hoping my room mate doesnt snore! Twin rooms look fairly sized though and i think it will be great having the company.

I'll be studying Chem Eng with year abroad so hopefully there will be some nice french people around that i can practice with!

Howdy to edders, pole-from-swede and jamesw...fellow BSH comrades!

See yous soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    Probably something hideous like 130 a week. :eek:
    I'd be annoyed if it was. I'm paying a reapp price of £132.80.

By the way Edders, did you get a rent freeze from last year in your offer?

We (beit reapps) were supposed to pay last year's price of £128.77, but the accom office have put increased our rent for extra money, and their argument is that 'it's still less than what the freshers are paying'.
    If that were the case, they could charge 50p per week less than a fresher's price for a reapp and still argue along the same lines!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    I'd be annoyed if it was. I'm paying a reapp price of £132.80.

By the way Edders, did you get a rent freeze from last year in your offer?

We (beit reapps) were supposed to pay last year's price of £128.77, but the accom office have put increased our rent for extra money, and their argument is that 'it's still less than what the freshers are paying'.
    If that were the case, they could charge 50p per week less than a fresher's price for a reapp and still argue along the same lines!
    Wow, reapp price of 132! That's quite obscene. Probably more than your loan isn't it? How are you going to live? :confused:

My rent is 115, whereas it was 105 last year. They've given me the same line as you; I'm "still paying less than the freshers". I feel sorry for the poor buggers.

ReputationRep:
    I know... after paying for accom i get maybe £20-£30 a week to live on.
    Hence I've been slogging away at work all summer... I started the Monday after summer term ended, and I'm finishing the day before reapp week begins a week saturday!
    Actually my percentage increase is less than yours, as mine's only gone up by £4...

If only the Union sorted out these ridiculous prices, instead of coming up with a whole load of rubbish ideas about what 'ought to be'. Someone on the grapevine mentioned that Sir R Sykes had something to do with the ridiculous increases!

ReputationRep:
    Single ensuite @ Beit Hall....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_didi_x)
    Single ensuite @ Beit Hall....
    dya know how much you'll be paying?

i'll cya at teh Welcome Party in 2 weeks!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else going to be in Orient House? Is there a welcome party or anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by - N -)
    Anyone else going to be in Orient House? Is there a welcome party or anything?

I want to know too!

ReputationRep:
    Hall

Southwell Hall

Type
    Twin study room

twin was my 5th choice....but...

ReputationRep:
    Southwell Hall, Single study..

Anyone doing Biology btw? Got that email about the field trip?

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer.
    Pembridge Hall
    Single
    Approx. 105pounds per wk i think.
    God i love that!

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer yesterday...
    Southwell Hall
    Twin Study Bedroom
    3290 pounds...too much, I wanted triple, I will have to bring more food from home and work a lot more (hope I will be able to)

ReputationRep:
    Garden Hall

Twin Study Bedroom

2854 per 38 weeks

post here late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonRemedy321)
    Yeah, £3404.80 lol. You mean you live in London at the moment? I'm in Northolt in zone 5. Could have stayed home I guess, but who wants to do that?!

I will stay in campus!!!! Don't want to stay at home--- try to become independent!
    Have you decided yet,mate?

ReputationRep:
    Changed my accommodation to Twin Room, Southwell Hall. Very happy now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    HOW do students live???
    £78 per week accommodation, Maximum Loan, £1000 government grant and tuition fees paid for. Rich Nima!

ReputationRep:
    I've got a single room in wilson house. It looks pretty good, except for the 20 min walk, but its better than most. Plus Hyde Park as a back garden... what else can you ask for!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nima)
    Changed my accommodation to Twin Room, Southwell Hall. Very happy now.
    I've also changed mine to a twin room. The fees look a lot healthier, about £1400 cheaper. Yay!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 29, 2005
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.