This discussion is closed.
CHAD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi
How do you know if you are good enough to become an actor?
Thanx
xxx
emma_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by CHAD)
Hi
Thanx
xxx

I dont know... but it's tough. Even good people dont make it. Oooo it sounds like im replying to a 'how do you know if you are good enough to get into oxbridge?' question!
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by CHAD)
Hi
Thanx
xxx
One of lifes great mysteries, you either make it or you don't. Talent doesn't always come into play. Basically if you think your good enough do some auditions and see how it goes. Ask your freinds what they think, if you take any classes ask your teachers also.
CHAD
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
anybody?
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by CHAD)
anybody?
If you look above your last post you will see I have answered your question. There really isn't a way of telling if you have what it takes or not. You can be a great actor and still not make it, you can be a bad actor and make it. It sounds like you want to find out if you have what it takes and the only way to find out is to go out and try.
caz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
there are thousands of different types of acting too, and styles
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ask Arnie Schwarzenegger, he became an A list actor when he has as much acting talent as an amoeba has brains. He's also in charge of a whole state, with past political experience being he once witnessed the end of the world in terminator 3....
prince_capri
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by CHAD)
Hi
Thanx
xxx
well, they say that it come to u...by birth...but i do not believe it !!!
U get to know if u r in it when u find that u r having a bit of calibre !!!
All the best if u r planning to
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Do you think there is a certain element to it whereby a good actor is one you don't notice when they are performing, for example, if someone is unconvincing on tv you can pick them out and have a good laugh, but a good actor never gets noticed.
caz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by George-W-Duck)
Do you think there is a certain element to it whereby a good actor is one you don't notice when they are performing, for example, if someone is unconvincing on tv you can pick them out and have a good laugh, but a good actor never gets noticed.
people who suck at acting and pick dramatic roles deserve an assbeating
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
im in the process of applying to drama schools, and it is tough; n doubt you need luck as well as talent.

however, if you HAVE got the talent, plus the ordacity to keep on trying (+a good helping of arrpgance) youll get a breaking part eventually. be prepare to stick at it. in the mean time, join some youth groups, they'll train you up while you decide if its something you wanna take further.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (226)
61.25%
Yes- I don't like it (16)
4.34%
No- I want it (102)
27.64%
No- I don't want it (25)
6.78%

Watched Threads