The Student Room Group

Hardy comparison essay help!!!

I really need some help pleeease! I'm doing the English lit essay where I have to compare hardy in one part and link a non-fiction extract to wider reading. I'm ok with the second part (ish) but the Hardy:

I know what most of the poems mean and everything, but I have no clue how to structure my essay!!! How do I go about comparing? Do I look one poem in detail and bring in the second every few lines? Do I structure my paragraphs by topic?

If so, which topics should I choose? I know we have to write about language (which can be one paragraph) form/structure (which can be another) and what other aspects can we look at? I'm reeeally panicing, because I completely don't remember how to write the Hardy essay anymore!! I just really want an in a nut shell "essay plan" sort of thing, and my exam's tomorrow and I think I will actually die!!! Please someone help!
Reply 1
I'll just say that it probably isn't good to do one bulk paragraph of form/struc/lang. Blend it in and make sure it's relevant to your argument. Compare and also contrast. I recommend one poem, with another that backs it up and another than contrasts. Importantly, keep mentioning the key words from the question and make each paragraph flow seamlessly onto the next. It should be 3-4 pages. Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending