Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering if people are gonna get the the platinum card for freshers week? It seems like a good idea, but the Platinum extra card is a bit expensive.

This is the site: http://www.lborosu.org.uk/platinum/

ReputationRep:
    I was looking at that link.. is it really worth getting the Platinum extra or just go in for the Platinum one.. the Platinum extra looks a bit steep

ReputationRep:
    Im gonna go for extra... basically it means you can get into the SU for free on nights where you have to pay?? so if you think about how many weeks your going to be there.... and majority of people will go out once a week... I think it'll be quite beneficial.

ReputationRep:
    my mates who are there say platinums a waste of money. its only any good during freshers when the queues to get into the union are manic. Other than that u just get special drinks offers, which non members often get too. so im not gonna bother.

ReputationRep:
    platinum extra is deffo worth the money as long as u make the most of it. You get in free ANY NIGHT you want to at the union, bar RAG events and bands playing. it saved my all in all....prolly over 100 quid if I'd just gona out on fridays...add to that the times I've been to the union on wednesdays and other random nights, the extra is DEF worth the money!! lol. On a Friday it's about £4.50 to get into FND, which I am gonna have to pay this year not looking forward to! pout it this way, on a wed night £4.50 can but you 4 and a half drinks. SO IMO....go for extra!!
    Zo x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZoeD)
    platinum extra is deffo worth the money as long as u make the most of it. You get in free ANY NIGHT you want to at the union, bar RAG events and bands playing. it saved my all in all....prolly over 100 quid if I'd just gona out on fridays...add to that the times I've been to the union on wednesdays and other random nights, the extra is DEF worth the money!! lol. On a Friday it's about £4.50 to get into FND, which I am gonna have to pay this year not looking forward to! pout it this way, on a wed night £4.50 can but you 4 and a half drinks. SO IMO....go for extra!!
    Zo x
    As Im on a committee I get Platinum for free, or for £60 I get Extra. Lol. all good.

ReputationRep:
    iklemarc - being on committee too i also get the extra for 60quid - having had it in my first year - last year was a shock to me about how much u spend just to get into the building - on average 7 pound per week. (7 x 30 = 210, plus freshers week = 50quid ish)

ReputationRep:
    looks interesting

ReputationRep:
    Im gonna go 4 the extra they way i figure it I spend the money now wile i hav it rather than havin 2 fork out wen im skint!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keyser_soze)
    Im gonna go 4 the extra they way i figure it I spend the money now wile i hav it rather than havin 2 fork out wen im skint!

Extra all the way guys, there are very few nites when u can use ure platinum card to be honest. Someone has already dun the math and worked out how much ure gonna save....that is bearing in mind that u go out both wednesdays and fridays to the union (both top nites). There is also hed kandi nites on saturdays which are top and cost anuther 3.00! so it is def worth it. Plus get ure freshers ball ticket and cheap drinks. No brainer really...

steely

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, just had a few questions about the platinum extra card,
    It says on the website 'Both Platinum Cards will give you priority entry to the selected events before 10pm'... I no this will seem like a silly question but does that mean u have 2 pay after 10pm or just that u will have 2 queue? Just wanted 2 b reassured b4 i go spending £125!
    Also does the platinum extra get u free entry 2 the bigger events like christmas ball etc?
    Oh, just 1 more! What sort of bar offers do you get with them? I mean r they ne good? It doesnt say much on the website.
    Thanx if sum1 can reply with sum sort of answer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunny_Bunny789)
    Hiya, just had a few questions about the platinum extra card,
    It says on the website 'Both Platinum Cards will give you priority entry to the selected events before 10pm'... I no this will seem like a silly question but does that mean u have 2 pay after 10pm or just that u will have 2 queue? Just wanted 2 b reassured b4 i go spending £125!
    Also does the platinum extra get u free entry 2 the bigger events like christmas ball etc?
    Oh, just 1 more! What sort of bar offers do you get with them? I mean r they ne good? It doesnt say much on the website.
    Thanx if sum1 can reply with sum sort of answer!
    1. I'm almost 100% certain that you won't have to pay if you enter after 10pm.
    2. Platinum Extra gets you into all the nights organised by the union, except RAG end of term partys(cos its charity), and when big bands or artists play there (because its available to people outside the uni). Christmas ball is organised by your hall, the union only has a freshers ball.(there is also an Atheltic Union ball at the end of the year but you have to pay for that) All other balls are done by halls.
    3. The bar offers are usually discounts or 3 for £5(on bottles), but it changes every month, hence no info on them. It will tell you the offers on the drinks part of the site in the entertainment section, but thats not been done

ReputationRep:
    I emailed sum1 on the lsu website about the editors gig cos i cudnt find ne information on the web adn they said that they dont no yet if the extra card will cover it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanx, mainly just wanted 2 make sure there werent time restrictions on the card

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, it says that the card gives you free entry to the freshers ball. Does this mean that if we buy the platinum card we are garuanteed a place in the ball, and do not need to book tickets seperately?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keyser_soze)
    I emailed sum1 on the lsu website about the editors gig cos i cudnt find ne information on the web adn they said that they dont no yet if the extra card will cover it.

I would assume that the Platinum card doesn't cover the Editors gig, as it is on the 13th October, well after freshers week. I'll still be buying one though, £125 for freshers ball and other nights is worth it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebo)
    I would assume that the Platinum card doesn't cover the Editors gig, as it is on the 13th October, well after freshers week. I'll still be buying one though, £125 for freshers ball and other nights is worth it!
    Platinum card lasts for the first term, and platinum extra lasts for the whole year, so it is possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iklemarc)
    Platinum card lasts for the first term, and platinum extra lasts for the whole year, so it is possible.
    Platinum lasts for the whole year as well, you only get pre-selected nights free entry though. Platinum extra it is free for the whole year. I don't know about the new 'Gold' card.

ReputationRep:
    i dont know whether to get the extra or just the platinum. ill probably end up going to the union a few nights a week so the extra would be useful, but £125 at the moment is a bit steep as i dont have much money! the platinum one however doesnt seem very good apart from the fact you get a ticket for the freshers ball included. hmmm decisions decisions decisions!

ReputationRep:
    Well so i was told sumwere dunno if it was tsr tho they r goin on sale on monday and they r limited and go quite quick but hav no idea how long quite quick is!

Also has ne1 got the lufbra experience cd-rom thru the post yet? I was told they wud b sent out at the begining of this wk but still nothing

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.