The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

is leeds met just full of thicko's?

i wanted to study event management so got a place to do it at leeds met.
i then desided actually i wanna do politics
i will get bbb at a-level but poltics is full at most good uni's and i can quite easily transfer at leeds met.
but the bounders are like 200 pionts which is really low,will this course just be full of stupid people.
what are the people at leeds met like? thanks x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There is a huge difference between "event management" & politics. What made you change your mind?
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Thickos not thicko's, you thicko.
Reply 3
Yes it is. Why waste that amount of money going to such a second rate university when with its reputation you might as well not go. Sorry but that's my honest opinion.
Reply 4
SacreBleu
There is a huge difference between "event management" & politics. What made you change your mind?

i study politics and love it.
i just didnt know what to do as a degree and still dont to be honest!
Reply 5
Selenax
Yes it is. Why waste that amount of money going to such a second rate university when with its reputation you might as well not go. Sorry but that's my honest opinion.

is it really that under valued?
what is its reputation like?
Reply 6
flugestuge
Go to a better university.
Having Leeds Met on your CV is going to be a definite disadvantage.

what is its reputation like?
why is it so bad?
Reply 7
Avoid if you can.

Seriously.
Reply 8
Archiespears
i will get bbb at a-level but poltics is full at most good uni's and i can quite easily transfer at leeds met.
but the bounders are like 200 pionts which is really low,will this course just be full of stupid people.

Some people may have lower grades yes, but my friend goes there having achieved AAA at A level. He really likes it as the university is very rich and so is constantly expanding, with two new buildings having being built recently.
Reply 9
Stalin

Hahahaha that's brilliant! :rofl:
Archiespears

iasuhfausidfhasudcfhsadf people on this forum will tell you leeds met is poo and it is a bit but not loooads maybe you could pull out for a year or just go and make the best of it and SHINE, SHINE, SHINE LIKE A STARRRRR ALL THE BEST XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Stalin

beat me to it :biggrin:

and yes, it is.
Reply 12
This could be innacurate and is probably going to sound really snotty but...

It was a bit of a joke around exam time in my old school (although it was EXTREMELY academic) that people when stressed would say
'oh my god i'm sooooooooooo stupid i'm going to fail all my exams and end up at leeds / manchester/ london met etc...'
That said I went to a private school where polytechnics etc. were highly looked down upon.
If you didn't go to a redbrick university 'you might as well just give up', which all things considered was a pretty stupid attitude itself.
gap year? then re-apply?
oh yeah leeds met=retards for some courses you dont even need a-levels :O
Reply 15
Focus08
Avoid if you can.

Seriously.

oh no now dont say that! why?
whats is reputation like?
why is it so bad?

do you go to warwick i live in earlsdon just down the road :smile: x
I'm gonna say yeah, its is
If you get BBB re-apply ffs or try through adjustment!
Reply 18
With BBB you can do better than Leeds Met ... perhaps try ucas adjustment? If you fail to find a place on that switch at Leeds Met to politics. Best of luck
Reply 19
Selenax
This could be innacurate and is probably going to sound really snotty but...

It was a bit of a joke around exam time in my old school (although it was EXTREMELY academic) that people when stressed would say
'oh my god i'm sooooooooooo stupid i'm going to fail all my exams and end up at leeds / manchester/ london met etc...'
That said I went to a private school where polytechnics etc. were highly looked down upon.
If you didn't go to a redbrick university 'you might as well just give up', which all things considered was a pretty stupid attitude itself.

see thats a bit how i feel to but am i just being snobby?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending