The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
yes
Reply 21
Well, I love money and the pursuit of personal wealth is very high on my life list of "important stuff to do"

I can't stand it when I get caught short and don't have enough reddies to go out and play. I mope around the house with a face like a baby with a smacked ass and make life intolerable for everyone around me.

So, money makes me happy. Not having money makes me a miserable bas%^$d!
People only like having a lot of money before they've had an illness or something because they don't realise how money means nothing if you have your health.

Health, Love, Family, Friends, Money.

That is where money comes on my list, and I think it should on everybody elses too.

But if you have your health and you have no money, that can make you very miserable too.
Reply 23
happysunshine
People only like having a lot of money before they've had an illness or something because they don't realise how money means nothing if you have your health.

Health, Love, Family, Friends, Money.

That is where money comes on my list, and I think it should on everybody elses too.

But if you have your health and you have no money, that can make you very miserable too.

Agreed. You can take every penny I have in exchange for good health.

Mind you, I dare say that if you do have money you'll probably be healthier anyway and of course if you do get sick you can get the best treatment money can buy.
brasil85
Well it can sometimes, but are people that have money happy, are rich better people than I am. Just having money can't make you happy all the time. I should know I have money I am happy but I know people of have loads of money but hate them selfs.

If i or a loved one was dying and couldnt afford to go to a good doctor, or the super expensive medicine that would be the only means for survival, money would definitely make me happy. A little extra money doesnt hurt anyway, does it?! :smile:
sarahwhatevver
If i or a loved one was dying and couldnt afford to go to a good doctor, or the super expensive medicine that would be the only means for survival, money would definitely make me happy. A little extra money doesnt hurt anyway, does it?! :smile:

well just stick to not only the needable, but also the desirable fact......money is also about luxury !!!
Reply 26
G4ry
Give me a load of money and i'll let you know the results.

ditto :biggrin:
brasil85
Well it can sometimes, but are people that have money happy, are rich better people than I am. Just having money can't make you happy all the time. I should know I have money I am happy but I know people of have loads of money but hate them selfs.

Yes it would make me happy.
Reply 28
I would much rather have a PHd than have a load of money through luck or family.
Reply 29
there is a commercial, (mastercard) different kinds and one of them is about a teenage boy that you see with suitcases first then travel guide, tickets etc. and each time at the bottom of the screen you can see what all those things cost anyway in the end, his parents is leaving for a vacation, and it says in the bottom of the screen something like: feeling of freedom invaluable.

this can be interpreted in different ways, one is money can't buy you everything (feelings) on the other hand it is the things the money buys that make them go away, hence you have the feeling.
Reply 30
I find money can put me in a good mood. If i'm feeling stressed or slightly depressed, retail therapy helps a great deal. A few new clothes, or perhaps a new phone, will always take my mind off other things and make me feel happier.

However, for some people money is not an issue _at all_, i have a friend who no longer likes shopping ... he can buy pretty much anything and just feels like he is accumulating "stuff".
Reply 31
amazingtrade
I would much rather have a PHd than have a load of money through luck or family.

I agree.
Reply 32
brasil85
[what Is money, what does it do for us

er....it buys you the food you need 2 live, the clothes you wear do you really need me to cintinue?
Reply 33
hitchhiker_13
Research shows that it does make a difference up to a point,

What research?
Reply 34
prince_capri
well just stick to not only the needable, but also the desirable fact......money is also about luxury !!!

Well said!

Honeslty now every1, there are 2 pages of preacher crap about money not being important, because the only people who say that are the ones who have plenty.
Who here can honestly say that they don't love the fact that money can buy them luxury?....which makes people happy
Sasha D
What research?

well I read about it in the New Scientist. Can't remember the date but it was sometime in the last few months. I'm sure if you looked in their archive you could find it.
Reply 36
i want lots of money in my life. enough to do pretty much anything, but not enough to have no limits.

if i got lots of money right now, i have the bad feeling that i would be corrupted by it.
going back to the point about the PhD, getting that recognition would mean a good job and a part of a good job would be the salary or income, so whatever happens society will always rely on money (stating the obvious) and therefore no one can deny the fact that money is essentual and also desperately needed by many people. for these people money means opportunity, a chance for a better lifestyle and possibly happiness
Reply 38
Money causes so many arguments and stuff I would rather be without it. I just want enough money to buy a decent house (but that costs like £200k+) maybe a car but probably won't bother and enough to go around the world for a few weeks every year. I would also like enough to give my kids (if anybody is sad enough to have tem with me) a decent education (that dosn't mean private school as such but enough money for books, university etc).

Money without love and happiness is pointless though.

There is a song called Richard Correy by Simon and Garfunkel its a song about a rich factory worker who owned half of this town, eveerybody wanted to be like him because he was rich, but he was actually unhappy because of the money and he ended up killing himself. The moral was he was a rich loner having to pay for girls and stuff.
Reply 39
I'm pretty broke at the moment, and really happy :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending