Turn on thread page Beta

Migraines (sp) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i think the weather triggers mine tbh

ReputationRep:
    i completely understand the whole pain and trauma of migraines! I have had them since i was 8, up till i was about 16 i got about 4 headaches a week and 2 migraines a month. The doctor said i would grow out of it (never mind the agony till then). Now i get headaches every week and migraines every few months. I find that hot weather and high air pressure that comes with it really sets me off! Over sleeping and sinus problems can give you headaches too. I find that Co-codamol is very good for headaches/migraines in the early stages gets rid of them in minutes but when they develop (if you understand what i mean) its kind of too late to stop it. I was prescribed Maxalt which is apparently good but it made me even worse. Has anyone tried that stuff you rub on your forehead?

ReputationRep:
    i bought my bf some Forehead - that stick thing - and it helped him for a bit cos he gets headaches a lot - but i tried it and it stung like hell - its like a menthol, deep heat type thing - it burnt me so i had to wash it off and even then it wouldnt stop

ReputationRep:
    my mum says its the weather aswell, but i don't really understand why

ReputationRep:
    i get migraines quite a lot...mine can be really bad...vommiting, severe severe pain...ive passed out a few times. Im dreading uni and getting migraines! only mum can make me feel better :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remmy)
    i get migraines quite a lot...mine can be really bad...vommiting, severe severe pain...ive passed out a few times. Im dreading uni and getting migraines! only mum can make me feel better :p:
    yeah thats what im worried about, all the stress of uni triggering a killer migraine, that forehead stuff doesnt sound 2 clever, getting rid of a headache so it can be replaced by a surface wound lol

ReputationRep:
    ooh there's some really amazing cooling gel patches you can get, they're really good...always seem to work for me anyway...called cool 'n' soothe. its basically like sticking an ice pack on your head and it lowers your temperature and stuff...would v.much recommend them

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.