OCR - A2 Philosophy & Ethics - 11/06/10 - Resources & Notes etc Watch

Nayberay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi all :hello:
So this is a thread for all of those taking Philosophy and/or Ethics on Friday (OCR).

I know there is already a thread for discussion. So I thought I'd make a separate thread for where we can share notes, resources, good links etc.

I'll start the ball rolling..

I've attached a load of questions for both Philosophy and Ethics separated by topics, if you guys need to to do practice essays.

I'll add some more later...
Feel free to contribute. :yep:

EDIT: Good websites:
- http://rsrevision.zap.to/ - Virtue ethics and other AS topics needed for recap for Ethics
- http://www.rsrevision.com/Alevel/ethics/theories.htm - Ethical Theories explained and applied ethics
- http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications...nts/index.html - OCR website, past papers, examiners reports etc
Attached files
Nayberay
Rep:
?
Ok notes now I have attached:
Meta Ethics
Business Ethics
Environmental Ethics
Religious Language
Attached files
RiKiDa999
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
thanks for the notes!
321kate
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
thanks loads x
momo1991
Report 8 years ago
Thanxs For the notes , do u think these notes are all you need to know for the exam and also do you written essay examples for answers to questions.
thanxs
adderz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Any notes on the nature of God, guys?
Rawr.ox
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Nayberay)
-
*saves all the notes*

Bricking it. :/
Don't really know how to revise for this subject - I have methods for my other subjects but not this one! Seems too much to learn and remember.

How is everyone else revising? Mindmaps? Games?

Edit: I've attached three files. The "Nature of God" is a revision document that my teacher had given us, as is the "Boethius" powerpoint. The "Life After Death" is this game thing I was designing but gave up.

Basically, all the cards relate to a philosopher at the top. After being cut out, you can match up the cards - and more than one card can apply to each person. I liked the idea, but the actual game was too much effort to make, so I gave up on that idea.
Just attaching it if anyone is interested in making their own. (:
Attached files
Lil Lee
Report 8 years ago
I cant belive the exam is like friday , in some ways im excited to get it over and done with and other ways , im hoping the revison will this time pay off as it didnt for my AS which was a bummer.

Good luck everyone
Nayberay
Rep:
?
No problems. I'll add more tomorrow. Happy revising.
Nayberay
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rawr.ox)
*saves all the notes*

Don't really know how to revise for this subject - I have methods for my other subjects but not this one! Seems too much to learn and remember.

Edit: I've attached three files. The "Nature of God" is a revision document that my teacher had given us, as is the "Boethius" powerpoint. The "Life After Death" is this game thing I was designing but gave up.

Basically, all the cards relate to a philosopher at the top. After being cut out, you can match up the cards - and more than one card can apply to each person. I liked the idea, but the actual game was too much effort to make, so I gave up on that idea.
I usually write/type out on my notes and read them.
I'm just gonna do loadsa practice essays I think.
I'm really behind on revision :erm:
Thanks for your submissions
You'll be fine.

EDIT: Thanks for the rep too, + repped back!
Kayteekins
Report 8 years ago
Literally just signed up to get all the notes you guys have popped on here (thank you!),
I'm panicing away, i've got history on the 16th and psychology on the 21st but i've done SOOOO much revision for this subject and leaving the other two for now,
I've been writing out from the text book, summing up, highlighting, putting all scholars that spoke in a specific chapter on one sheet of paper and summing up what they've said, mind maps that are get increasingly bigger as i add more and more A4 sheets to fit all the infor on... but i'm literally f*****. I can't even attempt the essay questions, i've tried planning them out in like a for/against type chart but neh! I dont know enough of everything in depth.
I'm meant to be doing philosophy at uni... PAH.

any advise on revision ideas or answering these practise questions would be wonderful.

thankyou xx
Rawr.ox
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Nayberay)
I usually write/type out on my notes and read them.
I'm just gonna do loadsa practice essays I think.
I'm really behind on revision :erm:
Thanks for your submissions
You'll be fine.

EDIT: Thanks for the rep too, + repped back!
(: (:
I'm behind, too. It's philosophy which I haven't been doing as much as my other subjects. :/
I might stick to mind maps, I think... I know how to do the technique for essays, I just need to remember what to put in them which is the problem. xD
Rawr.ox
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kayteekins)
I'm meant to be doing philosophy at uni... PAH.
Same! I'm doing Maths and Philosophy. I love philosophy; I find it interesting. Just it's so hard to revise - nothing sinks in or stays in.

All I can suggest is less detailed mindmaps. ie. For Religious Experience, if you mention Swinburne and his idea of the toys in the cupboard, how they only come out at night and you can't prove if it's true, so it is meaningless - could you just put "Swinburne - toys in the cupboard"?
Then when you look at your mindmap again you can go through in your head what each of them actually mean, rather than writing it all on the mindmap.
Worth a shot.
momo1991
Report 8 years ago
Does anyone have a essay answer to any of the ethics questions please, just want to get an idea of how to plan it out.
also can anyone tell me the weaknesses of Virtue ethics , in regards to buisness please.
Thank you
Rocadon
Report 8 years ago
thanks this looks great
Nayberay
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rawr.ox)
*saves all the notes*

I agree, theres too much to learn!
Hows revision going?
Mines behind :erm: so today I'm just gonna create spider diagrams just summarising everything on A3 paper.
Hope its going better for you. ;D
ed_jnr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey guys, have attached some notes for philosophy. It's probably a bit late, but they're worth a read through. Do excuse the odd terrible joke in there.

I did have some for religious experience but they're too big to upload (this might be a good thing otherwise you'd be subject to a sentence on sexual revelation which I couldn't help but put in there to amuse myself). EDIT: Religious experience notes are below this comment now.

Happy revision and I hope it all goes well for everyone (but not so well that my marks get moderated down :o: ).
ed_jnr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I figured I could split Religious Experience into two actually. Hope it is of use, my prediction is that it will come up tomorrow.

I apologise for the funny naming, I had originally thought it would go nicely into two but TSR didn't like that either so it's now in three.
peachyeyes
Report 8 years ago
I am so nervous about tomorrow!
Thank you so so much for all the notes. Now today is RS day!!
Batman1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
okay, the guy who posted all the revision notes is now considered my saviour! thank you so so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (34)
14.11%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.71%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.75%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (34)
14.11%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (30)
12.45%
How can I be the best version of myself? (72)
29.88%

Watched Threads