This discussion is closed.
Specialheffa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hey there, has anyone who has been pooled after applying for English, received any offers or any communication at all?

It just seems very strange that no English has been mentioned, and yet it is one of the most popular subjects!! BOO HOO! lol

ta. xx
deadstar
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
I was pooled for English tooooo and I've heard nothing, *nothing*!
I don't know of anyone else who's been pooled for it, so I have no idea if they've given out a load of offers or if they're just taking a long time to decide (with all the millions of pooled English applicants they probably had...dammit...) >.<
Tnacilppa
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I too was pooled for English. There don't seem to be many English people on these boards though. Which colleges did you both go for?
Specialheffa
Rep:
?
I applied for Jesus...

Maybe the applications are looked at in subject order, English maybe later... at the moment it seems to be sciences or maths etc. Ya know?!

How about you
Tnacilppa
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Specialheffa)
I applied for Jesus...

Maybe the applications are looked at in subject order, English maybe later... at the moment it seems to be sciences or maths etc. Ya know?!

How about you
Maybe that's right.... to be honest I am not overly hopeful! I applied to Christ's and was pooled. But to be honest there's no reason why subjects should be done in order. Specific departments will look at all the applications in the pool. The only thing is if there are many more English applicants to get through, but even that means stronger competition so less chance.

Sorry to be bleak about it but I've been waiting for a call for two days now and beginning to think it won't come.
lolita
Report 16 years ago
Same here! I applied for English at St Cat's abd was pooled...... but no news. I keep jumping everytime the phone rings tho lol. I guess todays the last day huh, but me thinks it may be too late

Never mind, dead chuffed to get pooled, well done guys!
Specialheffa
Rep:
?
Emailed college, haven't been chosen from the pool!! Here i go UCL (thank god!)

Hoorah i am free to relax, good luck!
Tnacilppa
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Specialheffa)
Emailed college, haven't been chosen from the pool!! Here i go UCL (thank god!)

Hoorah i am free to relax, good luck!
That is SO unfair! I emailed last night to find out and he said "colleges don't give out that sort of information." So still gonna have to put up with minor heart attacks when the phone goes!

Oh well - bad luck (not getting in) and good luck (having found out and going to UCL!)

Specialheffa
Rep:
?
Well to be honest i am a bit confused, since the reply i got was identical to adshur (who was also rejected after pool).. So i'm thinking is this a standard response...

Yea strange, but i was more concerned with getting my UCL offer than Cam.. now got to explain to the English department in me school.. gonna buy a bottle of champagne for em all and ME!

lol.. good luck.xxx
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (239)
61.92%
Yes- I don't like it (18)
4.66%
No- I want it (104)
26.94%
No- I don't want it (25)
6.48%

Watched Threads