Turn on thread page Beta

How many courses can you apply for??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I know that you can only apply for 6 universities, but does that mean you can only apply for 6 courses as well, or can you apply for more than 1 course per uni??? Its not urgent by any means, but i'd just quite like to know Thanks very much xxx

ReputationRep:
    You make 6 options they can either be at the same Uni or different ones it's up to you but the magic number is only 6
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    You can apply for more than one course per uni, but each course counts as one of the six choices. So you can only apply for six courses. So, for example, you could apply to five universities, and at one of these universities you could apply for two courses. And that would fill up your six choices.

ReputationRep:
    if it's the uni you want to go to then like many of my friends did they applied for two course at the same uni..one thing to think about tho is that if it's a small dept there is a chance you'll have the same admissions person so if they don't like your ap for one course they might not want you for another one. so even if you really really really want to go to that uni make sure you apply elsewhere just to have something to bargin with!! good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! but once you have been accepted, can you change your mind about which course you want to do, for instance from civil to mechanical engineering, or from maths and economics to just maths? Obviously you couldn't change from, say, maths to history/english, but if it was a v. similar subject or a variation of the subject could you change? I'm just curious about how the system works ...

ReputationRep:
    I think you can do a transfer to a very similar course as they would usually have the same core materials.

ReputationRep:
    It's possible but totally up to the discretion of the university, and they're not legally obliged to let you.
    Having said that from what I can tell a lot do anyway.

ReputationRep:
    The problem with applying for different courses is that your personal statement will have to explain why you would want to do them all. I know someone who applied for nursing, physics and psychology!

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.