Motivation Watch

This discussion is closed.
xshel90x
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hey,
I know that my mock GCSES are 4 months away, but I was just wondering if I could have any pointers on how to maintain focus & concentration for revision! I have a method of revising which seems to work quite effectively i.e. it actually sinks in! but sometimes experience difficulties in motivating myself!
Thanks
xshel90x
sherunsaway
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Fail your mocks. That's more than enough motivation to get you through your real GCSEs.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Use a specifcation while revising. The number one cause of lack of motivation for me was when I revised something for a relatively long period of time and then found out it was unnecessary revsion. Many of the CGP book have completely unnecessary parts to them.

If you use a specification for your revision, you know what you are revising will come up on the paper and that confidence really helps.

Also, once you've finished with your specifcations, make sure you look through past papers. That will allow you to see how the subject content which you have learned has been questioned, in the past. This application of specification material into exams and detailed learning of specific points is imperative to success

If you know you have the right strategy, you won't become demotivated. You will also end up spending a LOT less time actaully revising.
Pixelated
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Can't really help beacuse I wasn't motivated for my GCSEs, at all. It's different for A Levels!
*bobo*
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
the thought of doing well- is that not enough motivation?
anon53
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
[QUOTE]the thought of doing well- is that not enough motivation?[QUOTE]

The enjoyment of the subjects I was taking was enough motivation for me, but remember that you choice some of your subjects when you picked your options - so you shouldn't have any problems been motivated with those at least.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?