Having children be illegal if the parent has a family history of negative traits? Watch

This discussion is closed.
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by caz)
That seems a bit selfish. If he had not been born at all there was nothing to really lose, nor gain. Assuming "souls" exist, then he would have been born into some other body, and led a more self-pleasing life, as opposed to you who believe people deserve to suffer because they can make other people happy.
i dont think it should be illegal, i just believe parents with genetic disorders should be strongly advised to adopt if they want children.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by caz)
My dreaming ideas? Actually I was just supporting the idea, I never actually said I would support the law. Everybody is arguing morals of a parent deserving to spread their seed, when in reality there are lots of children out there to take that place.

I even voted NO. It's not my fault if you all wanna play war

Or I actually have a life?

And foolfarian made it clear how ignorant people can be, and how stupid they can be on such a subject, so I got bored. Him and his little, "I know facts, facts, facts!!!!" on a subject that involves opinion. Geeks like him are always steering threads away
I'll tell you what, I will give you a full apology if I get 5 sane people to agree with you.
You are obviously narked and sink to real depths by using the old 'geek' - 'I have a life' defence.
You should always back up an argument with facts, otherwise it's like a shoot out with replica pistols. Or are you seriously just angry that I actually know more on the topic than you? Next you are going to try to take on a historian about the causes of the second world war.
J
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
i dont think it should be illegal, i just believe parents with genetic disorders should be strongly advised to adopt if they want children.
To be honest I think they should give more financial incentives for fostering, and make the adoption process easier. Alot more people would be prepared to foster if they could have a secured income.
J
caz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
I'll tell you what, I will give you a full apology if I get 5 sane people to agree with you.
You are obviously narked and sink to real depths by using the old 'geek' - 'I have a life' defence.
You should always back up an argument with facts, otherwise it's like a shoot out with replica pistols. Or are you seriously just angry that I actually know more on the topic than you? Next you are going to try to take on a historian about the causes of the second world war.
J
the old "I have have a life" argument? Stop your ****ing trolling nobody likes you dude

i quoted someone saying i got quiet, when in reality i in fact do have a life, and i dont sit on the computer all day posting to prove i'm not "backing down" as the ass who said that obviously was implying

but i wouldn't expect your dumbass to understand anything anybody is saying
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by caz)
the old "I have have a life" argument? Stop your ****ing trolling nobody likes you dude

i quoted someone saying i got quiet, when in reality i in fact do have a life, and i dont sit on the computer all day posting to prove i'm not "backing down" as the ass who said that obviously was implying

Crikey, someone rolled out of the wrong side of the trailer this morning
J
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by caz)

Caz you do know that swearing is banned on this forum?

And that every time you fail to self-censor your posts you risk a mod deciding it's easier to simply remove your post than to edit it to remove the swear words?
preyingmantis
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
To be honest I think they should give more financial incentives for fostering, and make the adoption process easier. Alot more people would be prepared to foster if they could have a secured income.
J
I'll agree with that (a bit late i know, but I was offline for yonks!!!)
caz
Rep:
?
fat people shouldnt have kids. period
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by caz)
fat people shouldnt have kids. period
Well, then the USA would cease to exist in a matter of about two generations.

Honestly, what a spanner you are.

So who exactly does qualify to have kids? Only non smokers, with 20/20 vision, and recommended body fat index?
caz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Howard)
Well, then the USA would cease to exist in a matter of about two generations.

Honestly, what a spanner you are.

So who exactly does qualify to have kids? Only non smokers, with 20/20 vision, and recommended body fat index?
retarded people should not have kids either
emom100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by caz)
Do you know how pathetic you sound. Why should government officials or whoever decide who is fit to have children based on their genetic profile. As i've said before 1/4 people will have some sort of mental problem ranging from an isolated spell of depression to full on schizophrenia. How do you know you won't become one of them? Would you then prohibit yourself from having children?
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by caz)
I'm told the term for you is 'troll'
J
rIcHrD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hmm.. interesting...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression society already imposes controls on whether or not certain classes of criminals can have children or not. Is that in law, or just as a consequence of the nature of the prisons they're put in?
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by caz)
What do you think? For instance, if there is mental illness, or skin disease, or other diseases...crippling diseases, and just about anything severe that would be negative to have.

I won't give my opinion on the matter.
No. It is one of the basic freedoms, and we can't take that away from people.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (472)
59.3%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.4%
No- I want it (228)
28.64%
No- I don't want it (53)
6.66%

Watched Threads

Latest