The Student Room Group

What hurts more...epilating or waxing?

Scroll to see replies

I've had my epilator for like a year, and not once have I ever managed to even come close to epilating my legs. I chicken out after like 10 seconds of pain.
Reply 21
sc8880
Just tried it! Got a bit carried away and attempted to do the whole leg, bit ambitious! Didn't think it was too bad though, although dunno if it'll be worse when its more than 1 being plucked at once. I'll test one out sometime this week.

I loved mine, but I love pain and have a high threshold for it. But I lost it in a move and because I am planning to move for school I see no point in purchasing another thing that would need an adaptor to us there.

There is a lotion you can get to help with the pain if you feel the need after using the epi.

Laurah5498
The devil himself uses it as a form of torture.

I don't know about the devil using it as torture, but I have known others that have. However, does make me think maybe I should start believing in god and the devel, cause I am more likely to end up in hell anyway.
I epilate my underarms and ohhh myyy it hurt like absolute hell the first few times but it got better...still hurts though..

Would not put my legs through that..i reacon waxing is better..but everybody's different!
sweeter than a cherry pie
Epilating's much cheaper, and it only really hurts on your thighs. Yeeeeeowch.

Really? It sort of hurts least on the thighs, I find (well, the backs of my thighs).
SwampTurkey
Really? It sort of hurts least on the thighs, I find (well, the backs of my thighs).

I think by the time I've got to the back of my thighs I've got used to the pain a bit, but the front's very stingy and painful.
Have you tried the karmin electric epilator? :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest