The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Woodsy
Frig it, I'm just saying it was a good line. For me, the idea of race is ridiculous, it's visual but not gentic and merely in the minds of the evil. Humans are Humans.
Well it's genes obviously which create the different visuals. It's evil which allows and supports hatred and violence, but it's not evil or hateful to acknowledge differences.

Guilly, I don't think it's 75%, it's disproportionately high, but not so high I think.
Like there are differences between tigers, zebras, horses, all of the friggin animal kingdom.

Jamie, no, the idea that there are different races is bollox. I mean, it's simply visual and cultural (whites have put other 'races' down over the past thousand years) and yet some do very well still, Japan? There are variations in appearance but not the idea that humans were made to rule this earth, together with each other. Jesus, somebody put an end to this 'racial' sniping, I hate it. By saying anything to do with race it implies that everyone of that 'race' is doing something wrong or right, there are bad apples everywhere.
Tonight Matthew
It's not a reasonable claim until you find me a "poor Whites" disaster which created such circumstances in terms of the absence of a coordinated police force and army presence.
Then I should possibly have said that I expect Whites and Asians in precisely the same circs wouldn't have behaved the same as Nola's Blacks. Fine. It would be a reasonable claim since their crime rates and other social behaviours are markedly different.

There's no reason to expect groups who normally behave differently to suddenly without reason start behaving identically. The idea is daft.
Reply 83
Do any of the white supremacists want to explain why the average black in the US makes more money than the average white in the EU (including more than the average Brit)?

Adjusted for purchasing power, an average American makes $40k a year, an average African-American makes $32k a year, and an average Brit makes $30k a year. Must be because Brits are genetically inferior, right? :rolleyes:
Reply 84
Bismarck
Do any of the white supremacists want to explain why the average black in the US makes more money than the average white in the EU (including more than the average Brit)?

Adjusted for purchasing power, an average American makes $40k a year, an average African-American makes $32k a year, and an average Brit makes $30k a year. Must be because Brits are genetically inferior, right? :rolleyes:

aha, but do they get to wait six months for a free-at-the-point-of-service operation on the NHS? :p:
Reply 85
Vienna
aha, but do they get to wait six months for a free-at-the-point-of-service operation on the NHS? :p:

Further proof that they are genetically superior. :wink:
ArthurOliver
Then I should possibly have said that I expect Whites and Asians in precisely the same circs wouldn't have behaved the same as Nola's Blacks. Fine. It would be a reasonable claim since their crime rates and other social behaviours are markedly different.

There's no reason to expect groups who normally behave differently to suddenly without reason start behaving identically. The idea is daft.

On the contrary, the idea that groups will always act differently no matter what the situation is a daft. That is the assumption even your revised point rests upon and I think it's a fairly large one. I believe that there comes a point where certain behaviours will occur no matter what race someone is; the lawlessness in New Orleans could well have been that point.
Bismarck

I can't answer for White supremacists, but the fact that African-Americans are one of the wealthiest nations on the planet when viewed separately does suggest that America is a place of opportunity and that many Blacks do achieve a lot there.

[How come your self-control and calm manner goes out the window when you get to talking about Palestinian nationalists or White Nationalists? You seem fine with Jewish nationalists, so it can't be ethno-homelands that make you jumpy.]
Yup, good point TM. Don't you think it reasonable to assume most of the armed gangs were men? If more men than women, and not all men yet some women were among the gangs, the *point* is different for individuals and for groups (gender anyway). Why shouldn't the same be true for racial groups? It could be couldn't it? And those with higher crime levels are surely likely to have more people turning to crime in these circs.

If there's a better way to predict their different group behaviour than looking at their past group behaviour, I'd be interested. I'd simply not expect poor Blacks to behave like rich Whites, poor Whites or Asians, they don't normally and I think they didn't this last week in Nola.
ArthurOliver
Yup, good point TM. Don't you think it reasonable to assume most of the armed gangs were men? If more men than women, and not all men yet some women were among the gangs, the *point* is different for individuals and for groups (gender anyway). Why shouldn't the same be true for racial groups? It could be couldn't it? And those with higher crime levels are surely likely to have more people turning to crime in these circs.

If there's a better way to predict their different group behaviour than looking at their past group behaviour, I'd be interested. I'd simply not expect poor Blacks to behave like rich Whites, poor Whites or Asians, they don't normally and I think they didn't this last week in Nola.

Well in the end it's all speculation, and that's why I challenged your post which was attempting to state "poor Whites don't and wouldn't have acted like that" as fact.

Let's just hope we never get the chance to find out who's right. I'm off to bed.
TM, it should have been prediction, not speculation. The different crime rates and other social behaviours - ability to cooperate, altruism, organisation, are not speculation, and I think the massive social problems of poor Nola Blacks should have been taken into account when drawing up emergency evacuation and aid plans.

I really do believe that they couldn't factor these things in because administrators and government officials have a PC imposed 'race blind-spot' which means they cannot acknowledge that different groups behave differently.

They won't ever admit it, but it's obvious the gov will have unofficial parallel plans in future which are based on local demographics--not least because the Federal Gov. is seriously embarassed by this.

I'm abed too.
Reply 91
Bismarck

Haha.. Americans work longer hours and harder!

In France they have 3 months vacation. I wouldn't mind 'working' there.
Reply 92
SlyPie
Haha.. Americans work longer hours and harder!

In France they have 3 months vacation. I wouldn't mind 'working' there.

Well half the Frenchmen are permanently on vacation (the participation rate there is 53%), so you might have a point there. :smile:
You told me it was culture and hard work which created disparate levels of wealth between groups. Now it's intelligence?

You tell me Bizzy, why do American Blacks have a stereotype image (and frequently complain) of poverty when they are one of the wealthiest peoples on the planet? Tell me.

Nation: "Once a synonym for 'ethnic group', designating a single culture sharing a language, religion, history, territory, ancestry, and kinship; now usually a synonym for state or nation-state."

White nationalists simply seek states that combine both definitions, as the Jews have in Israel. Why shouldn't ethnic/national groups which happen to be White have the same rights as Jews? Why should Israels Jews have rights which Jewish supporters of Israel would deny to other peoples?

Ancestry, kinship, religion, language, history, territory..the Danes say, tick as many boxes as Jews and there isn't the tricky problem of Palestinians. What's special about Jews that Danes can't have the same rights to an ethno-homeland?

I'm off to bednow, all supremacist smears will be answered tomorro'. :rolleyes: tiresome and unjustified...
ArthurOliver
You told me it was culture and hard work which created disparate levels of wealth between groups. Now it's intelligence?

You tell me Bizzy, why do American Blacks have a stereotype image (and frequently complain) of poverty when they are one of the wealthiest peoples on the planet? Tell me.

Nation: "Once a synonym for 'ethnic group', designating a single culture sharing a language, religion, history, territory, ancestry, and kinship; now usually a synonym for state or nation-state."

White nationalists simply seek states that combine both definitions, as the Jews have in Israel. Why shouldn't ethnic/national groups which happen to be White have the same rights as Jews? Why should Israels Jews have rights which Jewish supporters of Israel would deny to other peoples?

Ancestry, kinship, religion, language, history, territory..the Danes say, tick as many boxes as Jews and there isn't the tricky problem of Palestinians. What's special about Jews that Danes can't have the same rights to an ethno-homeland?

I'm off to bednow, all supremacist smears will be answered tomorro'. :rolleyes: tiresome and unjustified...

but fact is the whole jewish homeland isnt fair and isnt right in the eyes of a great number of people.
But one of the single most important factors for why it exists is that WHITE MEN were wiping them out. WHITE MEN couldn't be trusted to stem their own racism against the jews, and for that reason we effectively had to banish them to wherever they liked.

Many times on this board i feel wehave broken down and destroyed the white nationalism arguments, for many reasons, not least those put forward by bismarck today.
Vienna

typical viewpoint of an intrinsically anti-NHS person.
Most things on the NHS are very quick to gain access to, and every bit as good as their private counterparts.
That said there is rather more of a 'we'll keep everyone alive' emphasis on the NHS rather than a 'we'll keep everyone happy'.

It is typically life affecting but not life threatening things that have long waiting lists.
things which incidentally are often not covered in the US.
Bismarck
You didn't answer my question. Is not the chief requirement of a nation that people of that nation identify with one another and the nation?
Probably to establish a nation yes. Want to talk about the mostly Jewish US spies whose allegiance was to international communism or Israel? That mean the US isn't a nation? Or 'la raza' (new link)? Or the recent British bombers? I'd only be replacing a failed nation with another failed nation even if your criteria had any meaning.
The Danes are a nation, and they have their homeland. The French are a nation, and they have their homeland. The whites are not a nation; a white nation is a figment of your imagination. If you can't believe more than a few percents of whites to identify with this so-called nation, how can you expect others to accept it?

And do tell, what is the white religion? What is the white language? What is the white territory? What is the white culture? What is the white history?
It's 'White' nationalism because it looks to secure for ethnies who happen to be White secure ethno-homelands - lots of them, based on historic and obvious ties of history and kinship. Surely you knew that--the Danish example was a deliberate hint. If todays Danes are blended with Somalians and Zulus and Ainu and Cebuans over the next century say, the result won't be Danes as we know them--the result will be no more Danes.

Why should Danes not have the same right to base their national/ethnic heritage and future on ancestry, kinship, territory, language and religion that Israeli Jews do? Allowing rights for one group you deny to another is supremacism--arguing for equal rights for all is NOT!
Jamie
but fact is the whole jewish homeland isnt fair and isnt right in the eyes of a great number of people.
But one of the single most important factors for why it exists is that WHITE MEN were wiping them out. WHITE MEN couldn't be trusted to stem their own racism against the jews, and for that reason we effectively had to banish them to wherever they liked.

Many times on this board i feel wehave broken down and destroyed the white nationalism arguments, for many reasons, not least those put forward by bismarck today.
I used to feel that way too--the Palestinian struggle is an inherited family cause and I still have very strong identification with the argument that they need and have a right to a strong secure homeland. Same for Jews.

I don't make the exception for White national/ethnic groups though. I think you pinpoint some of the reasons why White peoples have so readily given up their belief in national rights and the will to continue their unique and various "ethnic/genetic adventures".

As a freak of history it happened to be Europeans who were on top technologically when the opportunity for Empire really took off. The 'group shame' which Whites feel for their ancestors exploitation and subjugation of other peoples is a major psychological stumbling block.

Many feel that Whites are peculiarly prone to racism and violence when stirred by patriotism or nationalism and self-censorship and disdain for normal feelings of brotherhood and shared identity follow.

The fact that they can fall prey to 'group shame' would suggest that ideas of 'group pride' derided as insanity on this forum and everywhere else are equally bogus (or valid?). There's no reason for White peoples to feel nasty or strange for expressing the same concern for their own ethnic/national groups that everybody else does. To not express those interests is to doom your people.

Truth is, Whites aren't peculiarly bad or racist, and they can reasonably be trusted to enjoy the same rights to ethno-homelands that much of the world enjoys and the rest is fighting for. Except Whites.

Palestinians, Jews, Danes, treat 'em all the same (and Whites treat yaselves the same!).
ArthurOliver
If todays Danes are blended with Somalians and Zulus and Ainu and Cebuans over the next century say, the result won't be Danes as we know them--the result will be no more Danes.

If today's Danes are so worried about keeping Danes as we know them, presumably they'll just stick to shagging other Danes as we know them.. so what's the problem?
Almost none of this thread has been on topic so far - the topic being the PC induced failure to plan for this emergency with a reasonable and honest appraisal of the people that it would affect.

A community which produces 10 times the national murder rate and is disproportionately poor and Black simply behaves differently to a community which is low-crime, prosperous and Asian for example. Shock? Not really--it's obvious to anyone, but it couldn't form a part of the reckoning for administrators and politicians because that would mean being honest about the people of Nola and their particular propensity to lawlessness and social failure.

Local government cannot plead ignorance--they had to lower standards for Police admissions because of the quality and behaviour of the locals.
Original Post
"The department was being depleted of experienced officers and the numbers within the ranks were decreasing as crime stats were rising at an alarming rate…

In order to beef up the rapidly dwindling numbers of NOPD, the department was forced to lower its acceptance standards. Recruits with criminal records, DWIs, unfavorable employment records and dishonorable discharges from the Armed Forces were allowed to enter the Police Academy, whereas they had previously been excluded…

Their records were expunged and, on completion of their training, they were issued badges, guns and patrol cars and turned loose on the street… These new officers were expected to suddenly straighten up and begin enforcing the laws they had not-so-long-ago been breaking. They were expected to arrest those suspected of crimes, even if those accused had once been their street buddies. But this was an unrealistic expectation."
Result? Enjoy this classic vid while you can,
http://www.zippyvideos.com/8911023771013466/countdown-looting-in-walmart/

The thread is intended to be sparked by this quote from the original post which has many links supporting it's proposition:
But if all these disasters in New Orleans should have been expected, why did nobody at any level of government act as if they expected them?

Because to anticipate the problems would require noticing that racial differences are relevant. And that can ruin one's career.

Governmental bodies naturally decay rapidly in competence, especially when free discussion of unpleasant realities is suppressed.

New Orleans should remind us that we still live in a harsh world. The make-believe that passes for public discourse, even at the elite level, simply isn't adequate for protecting American citizens.

Latest