My big breasts are weighing me down

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I am 5'6tall in height, size 10, 18years of age and my breast size is a 36E. I have pains on my neck and shoulder everyday and i have to take paracetamol and use vapour rub on it everyday to make myself better. Do you know of any remedy to stop this pain, without surgery of course? Is there anyone in my position that is in the same situation? Please help. Thanks.
MovingOn
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wear supportive bras, and lose weight as this will reduce the size of them considerably.
StressReliever
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am 5'6tall in height, size 10, 18years of age and my breast size is a 36E. I have pains on my neck and shoulder everyday and i have to take paracetamol and use vapour rub on it everyday to make myself better. Do you know of any remedy to stop this pain, without surgery of course? Is there anyone in my position that is in the same situation? Please help. Thanks.
Get a proper bra fitting to ensure you are wearing the correct bra size. A size 10 girl is unlikely to require a 36 band. So you may not be getting adequate support and that could be contributing to your neck and shoulder pain.
speir
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
firstly get measured and check you are wearing a correctly fitting and supportive bra. I have a large chest at 36G and have the same problems , i visited a physio and have been given stretches to help release the tension in my neck and shoulders. Try make sure you are standing and sitting straight so you dont curve your shoulders and end up with a hump. I am contemplating a reduction but am currently trying to lose the weight naturally but if all else fails yes I would have the op.
Indieboohoo
Badges: 12
Report 10 years ago
You're going to get a lot of male attention with this thread
Just get a supportive bra
Einheri
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Get a better bra. A 36E isn't so big that you should be having back problems.
banter
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
go to a bra shop and get propley measured so your the most comfy you can be.

or stand up straight...
username163729
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Weight loss programs.
pomme de terre
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you are a size 10, you are not a 36. More like a 32/34. Get measured.
Lexi99
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Go to Bravissimo to get measured, they're genuises in there
DiamondsAreForever
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I very very very highly recommend you go get measured, in particular bravissimo. I always thought I was fat because I had to wear large tops to fit over my boobs, I thought I was a size 34F. I had terrible back pain like you, ad had physio also. I then got remeasured and turns out I'm a size 30HH , and a 30J in push up bras. You learn a lot about what suits you in your fitting and they give you so many great tips, I really think you should go get measured. I don't have half the pain I used to have anymore.
whitepearlbaby
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Go to the gym and get an exercise plan for your back muscles.
LTC1409
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
OK, firstly, the OP does not need to lose weight, especially at a size 10. Chances are the boobs wouldn't decrease much anyway.

OP, just make sure you are wearing the correct bra size AND that it fits properly. There's also probably some exercises which can help them be a bit more 'perky' and less weighty. Bravissimo is pretty good for the larger sizes.
jess k
Report 10 years ago
firstly dont loose any weight!! your already a perfect size as you are, and secondly you could be a 36 it just depends how wide your rib cage and back is, but you should definately go get a bra fitting and make sure your wearing a supportive bra. If the pain still doesnt stop go to your doctors to see if they have anything better than paracetamol to stop the pain, or go to an osteopaths-they do wonders for aches in pains in awkward places like your neck and back, your breasts shouldnt be weighing you down that much so make sure its not something else causing you pain!
But please stop telling her to loose weight, she doesnt need to!
Hope that helps
x
lilchatterbox2010
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
sorry to hear about your discomfort, but 36E? Grrrrrrrrr I'm super-jealous!! lol x
Arielle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DiamondsAreForever)
I very very very highly recommend you go get measured, in particular bravissimo. I always thought I was fat because I had to wear large tops to fit over my boobs, I thought I was a size 34F. I had terrible back pain like you, ad had physio also. I then got remeasured and turns out I'm a size 30HH , and a 30J in push up bras. You learn a lot about what suits you in your fitting and they give you so many great tips, I really think you should go get measured. I don't have half the pain I used to have anymore.
This.

I also had this problem once, although I think I do need to check it again. I had thought I was 34C for ages, but getting really bad back ache.
Kicking and screaming, my mum suggested I get properly measured rather than just guess a size (because all the smaller sized bras look so much prettier ) and guess what, I was a 30E!

Granted, I am wearing a 32DD right now because it's an easier size to buy, but this thread has reminded me that I need to wear a proper bra because my back is starting to ache a bit.
Nesselphie
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wear bras that are structured and comfortable. I'm the same size and I know that it's function rather than fashion that has to take priority if they're causing you pain.
I wear 36E but i don't have as much of a problem beause I'm a size 14-16
TheLeprachaun
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do deadlifts and barbell rows. You'll thank me later.
Crystalclearmagic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by LTC1409)
OK, firstly, the OP does not need to lose weight, especially at a size 10. Chances are the boobs wouldn't decrease much anyway.
Well said!

At size 10, you're fine and boobs don't go down very much when you loose weight unless it's drastically loosing wieght like from a size 18 to 10 - but being a size 10 yourself, you're fine.

Wear the correct bra - forget the nice looking ones, all fancy etc. go for plain coloured ones & they are less expensive too.

Make sure it's comfortable - if it is, then your boobs shouldn't be weighing you down that much. Bras are there for support and comfort, the bra is to fit you, you're not to fit the bra.
thetopnotch
Badges: 16
Report 10 years ago
This thread has been cleared out once already. Only post if you can offer helpful advice please.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (31)
19.14%
I'm not sure (3)
1.85%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (53)
32.72%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.85%
I'm not a current university student (72)
44.44%

Watched Threads