Pulled out pool by Trinity, Cambridge ?!?! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Leeroy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I found out today that someone from our school was pulled out of the pool and offered a place, without additional interview, at trininty college, supposedly the best college at cambridge. What are the chances of that?? I find it ridiculous (and annoying as I don't like her ) Anyone else her of Trinity pulling from the pool?
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Leeroy)
I found out today that someone from our school was pulled out of the pool and offered a place, without additional interview, at trininty college, supposedly the best college at cambridge. What are the chances of that?? I find it ridiculous (and annoying as I don't like her ) Anyone else her of Trinity pulling from the pool?

Seer got an offer from Trinity from the pool.

Best college pah! - though
Leeroy
Rep:
?
Haha I'm only telling you what my friends say. What subject was that for by the way?
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Haha I'm only telling you what my friends say. What subject was that for by the way?

Seer's a philosopher, I believe.
Leeroy
Rep:
?
(Original post by MadNatSci)
Seer's a philosopher, I believe.
Ah ok the girl I know is going for archeology and anthropology.
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Trinity do that more than you might expect, they aren't really the best college and probably not the hardest to get into either. It's just that they're probably the best known.
They also take enough people that they can afford to gamble on a few people from the pool.

I'm trying to think if I've ever heard of anyone being pooled to kings, queens, emma or clare. Not sure if I have, maybe Queens.

It certainly isn't unheard of at Trinity.

Alaric.
ot209
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
I'm trying to think if I've ever heard of anyone being pooled to kings, queens, emma or clare. Not sure if I have, maybe Queens.
A couple of years ago King's had 30-odd applicants for 5 medicine places. They rejected all but two and took three from the pool. It seems that if the candidates arent up to standard even the competitive colleges will take better ones from the pool.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
at trininty college, supposedly the best college at cambridge.
Says who?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (218)
68.13%
No (102)
31.88%

Watched Threads