Oxford offer-but need help Watch

This discussion is closed.
pollyisme
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hello. I am doing 4 Alevels. Received an offer for 3 Alevels. Want to drop 4th. How do i do it?
aliel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by pollyisme)
Hello. I am doing 4 Alevels. Received an offer for 3 Alevels. Want to drop 4th. How do i do it?

My bro's friend has a similar problem and i am doing my best to come up with a good template for him. This is not Pete is it??????
pollyisme
(Original post by aliel)
My bro's friend has a similar problem and i am doing my best to come up with a good template for him. This is not Pete is it??????
No.
Lurker
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You should probably contact the college and check how they feel about it. I think they have the right to change/withdraw their offer if you don't keep to what you've said you'll be doing.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes, my college specifically said they would, "You must sit the following;" ... no reason why you can't just not do well in that subject though.
pollyisme
(Original post by Lurker)
You should probably contact the college and check how they feel about it. I think they have the right to change/withdraw their offer if you don't keep to what you've said you'll be doing.
Oh ****e. But i wont meet the offer if i do 4. The offer doesnt mention particular subjects or that it is neccessary to do 4.
Lurker
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oh ****e. But i wont meet the offer if i do 4. The offer doesnt mention particular subjects or that it is neccessary to do 4.
Don't worry, just because they could do that, it doesn't mean they necesssarily will. You should definately ask before you drop anything though.
Maybe you could work hard at your 3 best subjects, and not work so hard at the last one, so that you'll still have done 4, and also get the 3 grades you need, with a lower grade than you'd like in the last one? I don't know if that would work out though, it's just a thought.
pollyisme
(Original post by Lurker)
Don't worry, just because they could do that, it doesn't mean they necesssarily will. You should definately ask before you drop anything though.
Maybe you could work hard at your 3 best subjects, and not work so hard at the last one, so that you'll still have done 4, and also get the 3 grades you need, with a lower grade than you'd like in the last one? I don't know if that would work out though, it's just a thought.

Maybe! thanx for your help.
Weirdo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hey!

I got an offer from Oxford and they asked me to get an A in maths, an A in computing and an A in physics or chemisty... I know I'm not going to get an A in chemistry, so I didn't see much point in continuing with it. I phoned up Exeter college and asked if they minded if I dropped it, and the woman said that it was fine...

I still don't think I'm going to risk it though because, unless I get something from them in writing saying that they don't mind, they could turn around and say "but we only offered you a place because we thought you had the ability to do 4" they have tonnes more poeple that could fill my place!

I'd personally prefer to get a good grade in AS chemistry than just concentrate on my other 3 subjects and get a crap grade in it, but not all things work out the way you want them to.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (2)
28.57%
Yes- I don't like it (1)
14.29%
No- I want it (3)
42.86%
No- I don't want it (1)
14.29%

Watched Threads