pooley house Watch

This discussion is closed.
mm87
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
has anyone decided around what time they are thinking of coming on saturday.
woolly
Report 13 years ago
No, but I was thinking as early as possible. I'm gonna have a tearful family in tow to help shift my gear, so once we get the parking it should be ok, quick and easy. I reckon between 10 and 11?
cht_flat 10
Report 13 years ago
I think we're gonna set off before 11, so prolly get there about 3/4... M6/M40/M25 pending.
melon2005
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mm87)
hi i move in on saturday. I'll look forward to meeting you. i have got so much stuff to take i don't know if it will fit. what about you.
Yeh I have alot of stuff too! For some reason I went mad in kitchen shops and bought things like martini glasses! :confused: I don't know if I've ever even had a martini...
I'm moving in on sat as well, look forward to meeting you too!
Muppy
Report 13 years ago
hey im not in pooley but still gonna b there pretty early, parents wanna leave home about 7 (arggghhh) to avoid traffic, i stupidly told them about one of my friends (mad) parents who took her to and from uni in the middle of the night last year coz her dad hated driving in london so much and they seemed to think it was a really good idea!! expect to be there about 9.30/10 ish (live in bournemouth its about 2.5 hours to 3hours drive depending on traffic) anyone else got mad parents like me??
Sofi
Report 13 years ago
Hey, i live in Bournemouth 2!my name sophie btw. Im in intercollegiate halls, btu on the letter they say they dont open until the 20th, so im confused wen Im mana b cumin up. I dont ana miss freshers week tho!!
moon·struck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Muppy)
hey im not in pooley but still gonna b there pretty early, parents wanna leave home about 7 (arggghhh) to avoid traffic, i stupidly told them about one of my friends (mad) parents who took her to and from uni in the middle of the night last year coz her dad hated driving in london so much and they seemed to think it was a really good idea!! expect to be there about 9.30/10 ish (live in bournemouth its about 2.5 hours to 3hours drive depending on traffic) anyone else got mad parents like me??
Hi, my mum's not mad (only on occasion) but I'm being dropped off v. early, she's heading to Leeds to visit an old friend. It seems like everyone else is going to be arriving in the afternoon though. =/
cht_flat 10
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by moon·struck)
Hi, my mum's not mad (only on occasion) but I'm being dropped off v. early, she's heading to Leeds to visit an old friend. It seems like everyone else is going to be arriving in the afternoon though. =/
Well it'll give you time to clean the place and make dinner
sexaylilbubba
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by moon·struck)

dont worry, my mum n dad want to get there for 9am! n i only live in london, but they r acting like its goin to take a 8 hours to unpack,so dont worry sum of us are also being forced to arrive early, but i guess we can finish early too n help out others
Muppy
Report 13 years ago
Hi sophie - where in bournemouth btw? im laura! my parents think its goin to take hours to unpack too, mind you i have got a lot of stuff....
woolly
Report 13 years ago
I think it's been said already, but can anyone clarify - we have fridges in our rooms, right? And also, what are the rules on having a mate crash over? The tenancy agreement mentions something about not being allowed to share the room, but one night doesn't count, does it?...
maccaisgod
Report 13 years ago
I'm fairly sure there will be no problem havin people over, the only thing ur not allowed to do is sub-let the room, and cant forsee any1 doin that! And yes ther's a fridge in the room
moon·struck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by cht_flat 10)
Well it'll give you time to clean the place and make dinner
:p:

(Original post by sexaylilbubba)
dont worry, my mum n dad want to get there for 9am! n i only live in london, but they r acting like its goin to take a 8 hours to unpack,so dont worry sum of us are also being forced to arrive early, but i guess we can finish early too n help out others
My mum's confused about the times, so we'll be heading down at 10:00am. Still plenty of time to twiddle my thumbs and help out others.

I'm in London now too. I actually stopped by QM today and I'm on the third floor, the elevator didn't open--so I had to use the stairs.
woolly
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by maccaisgod)
I'm fairly sure there will be no problem havin people over, the only thing ur not allowed to do is sub-let the room, and cant forsee any1 doin that! And yes ther's a fridge in the room
Brilliant, cheers
TimJaz
Report 13 years ago
im arriving on the 18th >.< eeep possibly morning

@Cherish : did you get to see the flat?
moon·struck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by TimJaz)
im arriving on the 18th >.< eeep possibly morning

@Cherish : did you get to see the flat?
No, I got as far as the door to the flat. =/

But from what I saw and people said it's quite nice; except the elevator it scared me.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (57)
76%
Leave (18)
24%

Watched Threads