The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

azz
since there's always loads of rumour and hearsay about people getting EE or DD offers, mainly from places like oxbridge, bristol and durham, i was wondering if anyone on here applying for the first time got an unconditional offer ?
(apart from those who have already completed their A2's)

i've said before i know a lot of people who were offered EE from queen mary for law, someone else also got EE from bristol for music but she is just scarily amazing, plays like seven instruments or something

most uni's choose to give exceptional candidates lower offers but EE is pretty rare
Reply 2
A guy I know got offered EE from Royal Holloway and then got a scholarship to read history. They do this to a lot of international students too.
Reply 3
that sounds wicked, i hope i get one of those from lse
one of me friends got an unconditional offer at cambridge....all he needs to do is prove he has the finance! Technically, he doesnt even still need to be at school!
Reply 5
azz
since there's always loads of rumour and hearsay about people getting EE or DD offers, mainly from places like oxbridge, bristol and durham, i was wondering if anyone on here applying for the first time got an unconditional offer ?

I know someone who has an EE offer from Camb this week to study Engl Lit, she is excellent at it though :-) makes me feel positively stupid....
Reply 6
the g
that sounds wicked, i hope i get one of those from lse

why do we all wish so much.... if only the wishes came true.. hey?
Reply 7
a DD or EE offer is known as a metriculation offer.

An unconditional offer is usually given to those that have already completed their studies.
Reply 8
Bigcnee
a DD or EE offer is known as a metriculation offer.

An unconditional offer is usually given to those that have already completed their studies.

'matriculation ' Bigcnee!! Spelling boy :tongue:
Reply 9
aliel
'matriculation ' Bigcnee!! Spelling boy :tongue:

lol
according to durham law faculty if ur from scotland and have AAAAA in Highers (kind of like AS Level but a bit harder) u will either be rejected or get an unconditional offer.
Reply 11
i got unconditional offer from warwick:smile:
Reply 12
azz

Anybody applying for the first time after they have their a-level grades can ONLY recieve unconditional offers. hope this helps.
Reply 13
My friend who hasn't taken his IB yet has gotten an unconditional offer to study at DeMontford Uni. Probably because he's part of the Malaysian royalty...
vavavoom
My friend who hasn't taken his IB yet has gotten an unconditional offer to study at DeMontford Uni. Probably because he's part of the Malaysian royalty...

hmmmm... that might have helped!

Donna
-x-
Reply 15
vavavoom

hahaha :eek: :biggrin:
Reply 16
I have 2 unconditional offers so far- from Birmingham and Aston to do Psychology.... but then again I have already taken my A levels so I suppose they couldn't really give me anything else!!! Am just waiting to hear from Warwick...
Reply 17
vavavoom

Lucky
Reply 18
Sunnyt
i got unconditional offer from warwick:smile:

but you've done your A levels haven't you? If they're going to offer you, they can't really offer you anythign else :tongue:
last year a guy from my school got an unconditional for medicine at oxford. He had scottish highers (equivalent to AS Level) but not Advanced highers (equivalent to A2 Level). Was the complete genius type. Apparently his average score for every single test he ever did in high school was 98%

Latest