Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If you were an international student, intending to pursue a degree in business management, which Uni would you choose from the following that would not only give you quality education but also provide you with the opportunity of having a gr8 time at UK? Moreover, where would i find the hottest boys? :P
    1. Reading
    2. Surrey
    3. UMIST
    4. KCL
    5. Royal Holloway
    6. Essex

Kindly express your views,
    Cheers,
    becky

ReputationRep:
    Well if you apply to UMIST you will end up in the University of Manchester, as the two are merging. A well rated university, one of the most employable, and in a fun city. Also KCL, great reputation and in London, guaranteed good time.

ReputationRep:
    Kcl/umist.

ReputationRep:
    cheers to both of u, i am considering KCL/UMIST but i doubt ill get in coz they ask for high entry requirements which I am most probably unable to meet, which unis would you suggest if i got rejected by these 2?

ReputationRep:
    Reading is a good uni - got a good reputation for business I think. The town isn't too big, but there is plenty of bars and pubs in the town centre and its relatively safe (as long as you don't go near Yates'). Its also cheaper than London. THe uni has a nice students union (last time I was there they were refurbishing one of the bars). I think some of the halls have their own bars as well. THe uni has a nice spacious campus with a big lake and lots of greenery, so its quite nice in spring/summer. Can't think of anything else you might wanna know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    Reading is a good uni - got a good reputation for business I think. The town isn't too big, but there is plenty of bars and pubs in the town centre and its relatively safe (as long as you don't go near Yates'). Its also cheaper than London. THe uni has a nice students union (last time I was there they were refurbishing one of the bars). I think some of the halls have their own bars as well. THe uni has a nice spacious campus with a big lake and lots of greenery, so its quite nice in spring/summer. Can't think of anything else you might wanna know...
    Yeah...i've heard that reading is a really good uni to go to as well...

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Yeah...i've heard that reading is a really good uni to go to as well...

G
    Well it is except i've lived in Reading for the past 18 years so when the time came for uni I wanted to go somewhere new!

ReputationRep:
    Well it is except i've lived in Reading for the past 18 years so when the time came for uni I wanted to go somewhere new!
    Lol....fair enough...i completely understand...there's no way that i'm gonna be stuck at home for the next 3 years!!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_becky)
    If you were an international student, intending to pursue a degree in business management, which Uni would you choose from the following that would not only give you quality education but also provide you with the opportunity of having a gr8 time at UK? Moreover, where would i find the hottest boys? :P
    1. Reading
    2. Surrey
    3. UMIST
    4. KCL
    5. Royal Holloway
    6. Essex

Cheers,
    becky
    1.UMIST
    2.KCL
    3.Essex

Dont know about the rest. What is it that you actually want? A Great acadmic life or more of a social aspect?

ReputationRep:
    This really doesn't help but you should have applied to Aberystwyth!
    It has an excellent school of business and management, and had the best night life in Britain!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deadflower1984)
    It has an excellent school of business and management, and had the best night life in Britain!
    HAD the best nightlife?! How exactly?! Its like a little corner of Wales and there os nothing for miles around it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deadflower1984)

It is in the middle of nowhere literally! However, some people say that because no one ever goes home it has a nice friendly atmosphere.

ReputationRep:
    HAD the best nightlife?! How exactly?! Its like a little corner of Wales and there os nothing for miles around it!
    I have a friend who's there and he says it's a good night out aswell. I also found it hard to believe...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_)
    I have a friend who's there and he says it's a good night out aswell. I also found it hard to believe...
    I've got a friend who's on a gap year but has her place there for next year - but she wasn't exactly raving about the nightlife! Fair enough it might be a good night out, but not the best in Britain - its not really a big place like many cities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_becky)
    1. Reading
    2. Surrey
    3. UMIST
    4. KCL
    5. Royal Holloway
    6. Essex

Cheers,
    becky
    You can pretty much go where you want as they seem to love international students and the entry requirements are (apparantly) vastly lower then those of a standard UK applicant.

ReputationRep:
    BTW have you thought of Hull, ok it may not be a top 10 Uni but it is still a credible red brick and has a good reputation.

Cost of living is cheap and there are loads of good pubs / nightclubs often with good deals on drinks.

Also the Uni has loads of foreign students and is apparantly a very friendly place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    BTW have you thought of Hull, ok it may not be a top 10 Uni but it is still a credible red brick and has a good reputation.

Cost of living is cheap and there are loads of good pubs / nightclubs often with good deals on drinks.

Also the Uni has loads of foreign students and is apparantly a very friendly place.
    I think she wanted advice on the 6 that she put in her post (I assume she has already applied)

ReputationRep:
    I've got a friend who's on a gap year but has her place there for next year - but she wasn't exactly raving about the nightlife! Fair enough it might be a good night out, but not the best in Britain - its not really a big place like many cities.
    It's probably similar to the way I see Norwich. It's great on a tuesday for a student night out, but doesnt even come close to places like Nottingham if you were going for a proper night out on a friday or saturday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_)
    It's probably similar to the way I see Norwich. It's great on a tuesday for a student night out, but doesnt even come close to places like Nottingham if you were going for a proper night out on a friday or saturday.
    No of course not - its very very expensive in Norwich on Fridays/Saturdays. I think i've only ever been out properly at the weekend once, and the price stopped us from going out again! £3.80 for a bottle of VK ice! Its pretty similar to Reading though (although Reading doesn't have as many nightclubs), except Norwich is nicer to students than Reading!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    1.UMIST
    2.KCL
    3.Essex

Dont know about the rest. What is it that you actually want? A Great acadmic life or more of a social aspect?
    Both, gr8 academic institution and social life... makes it balanced and perfect

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.