Trigger Happy TV USA Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I watched this tonight on channel 4 and can say that I thought 90% of it was complete rubbish.

I dont know who the American woman he has got helping him is but she is just not cut out for it at all.

Also there are only so many times that the dogs fighting sketch is funny - its wearing rather thin now!

Personally I thought that series one and two were fab - series three and the Christmas specials were pretty oridnary but this latest incarnation is just complete rubbish.

Am I the only person who thinks that he should just hang up his mobile phone and go do something else?

If anyone has the series one DVD the pre Trigger Happy bonus bit where they did all the stuff for the 1997 general election was hilarious - probably some of the best material they have produced to date!
Ollie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i have to say that trigger happy usa was bloody awefull!
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I hope that doesn't happen to Bo Selecta...

Notice how Ali G in the USA was so crap? I think it's something across the pond that's the problem...
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
???
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Notice how Ali G in the USA was so crap? I think it's something across the pond that's the problem...
or the office...
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
or the office...
That programme is class. Tim is quality. What a loser Gareth is!
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
???
That it doesn't wear out.

Though it might do, I reckon there's only so many times the Craig David thing will be funny. Still cracks me up now, "C'mon our Kes"!
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
That it doesn't wear out.

Though it might do, I reckon there's only so many times the Craig David thing will be funny. Still cracks me up now, "C'mon our Kes"!
Apologies, I have absolutely no idea what you are on about but there again I only watch tv for about 4 hrs a week and this alternates between the news and some sport.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That programme is class. Tim is quality. What a loser Gareth is!
i was talking about the americans going to ruin it.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I love Trigger Happy and Dom Joly but yes, it was crap but you know why it was crap? Ecological differences, because we see that girl as a cheerleader and we aren't used to seeing cheerleaders it's strange, but to the americans it's normal. It's purely because the American's have a) a different sense of humour and b) we've seen it all before and they haven't etc etc etc
I still think Dom Joly's "TAXI TAXI TAXI" bit was rather funny....the other two were crap though and if they tried the burglar with the swag thing, the americans would probably take it so seriously that they would phone the "cops"
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Some of the shows where funny whilst others were boring. I found the episode where he dressed up as a snail then proceeded towards a crossing, and crawled across the street like a snail, hahaha, that was funny.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I like the "Svedish" guy, I have to say I did laugh at the one on the American one, it's so politically incorrect,
"Hello, I am from Sveden, I vas vondering, I do not mean to stereotype you,a man wis a beard but do you know vere I may purchase a pistol?"
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i saw like 5 minutes of it last night and it was great. not as good as the british series but still...i changed channel when he started snogging the baby (which was a doll wrapped up, ppl were like wtf, ha ha!)
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

or that the program has been adapted to US tastes..its abit arrogant to assume that our sense of humour is universally funny by default.

id rather the americans love it and we hate it than vice-versa.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
or that the program has been adapted to US tastes..its abit arrogant to assume that our sense of humour is universally funny by default.

id rather the americans love it and we hate it than vice-versa.
Why would you rather the american's loved it? You do realise that very little thought needs to go into humour for america right?
xAngelx
Report 15 years ago

Wasn't the police in america after Ali G cos he did something there and it was an offence
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Why would you rather the american's loved it? You do realise that very little thought needs to go into humour for america right?
because it would reflect on our ability to produce comedy and market something.

cut it with the anti-american remarks, in jest or not.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (109)
19.57%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (227)
40.75%
Nope, not that interesting (221)
39.68%

Watched Threads