Will I be able to become a doctor??? Watch

This discussion is closed.
johntu_2
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I need some help.

Think i'll be able to become a doctor with this grades???

Algebra - C
Special Ed English - A
Economic - A-
Biolography - D

My grades aren't really impressive and they suck really bad.... People think I am smart because I am asian, but really im not... People inspired me to become a doctor because I like helping people. That's just my nature! YET I AM DUMB!!!!!!!! I got the crappiest score on the Standford 9 test...
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by johntu_2)
I need some help.

Algebra - C
Special Ed English - A
Economic - A-
Wood - A
Computer Graphic - C

And I am Senior in High School. I feel like I am not intellectual enough to become a doctor but I do care about helping others in need of help.

I am afraid that they are not what is looked for in order to persue a career in medicine.

For a start you need sciences which you dont appear to have and even then they look for A's.
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by johntu_2)
I need some help.

Algebra - C
Special Ed English - A
Economic - A-
Wood - A
Computer Graphic - C

And I am Senior in High School. I feel like I am not intellectual enough to become a doctor but I do care about helping others in need of help.
You'd probably be better off posting on an american forum. I'm a med student, but have no idea of the american requirements.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
You'd probably be better off posting on an american forum. I'm a med student, but have no idea of the american requirements.
Well im not american, but it doesnt take a genius to work out that a C in algebra and computer graphics is hardly going to be helped by an A...in woodworking
Sorry mate, but you need to get some tutoring or work like hell.
If it helps i was on for a D in my A level maths and i pulled it round to an A in 2 months
J
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
Well im not american, but it doesnt take a genius to work out that a C in algebra and computer graphics is hardly going to be helped by an A...in woodworking
Sorry mate, but you need to get some tutoring or work like hell.
If it helps i was on for a D in my A level maths and i pulled it round to an A in 2 months
J
I thought you had to do a degree in a science-related field before you go to medical school in america? Surely if he got a decent "SAT" and degree rating it would be deemed decent enough?
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Don't you also need to be able to speak in proper sentences, you try reading that post out loud....
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
Don't you also need to be able to speak in proper sentences, you try reading that post out loud....
Who are you actually talking to..?
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Tout la monde, everybody! Well read it, have you ever heard a doctor speak like that before? What if he spelt a prescription wrong, someone could ...DIE lol
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
Tout la monde, everybody! Well read it, have you ever heard a doctor speak like that before? What if he spelt a prescription wrong, someone could ...DIE lol
its not people mis-spelling prescriptions you should worry about. Take me, I can't spell too great when it comes to some common words, but you give me the most complex sounding drug and I'll spell it perfectly. Dunno why.
You should concentrate you language criticism on those prats in the forum and world at large who speak 'az if de r tlkin n txt spk'
nobs
J
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
a) Well done, you knowledge of french impresses me.

b) He didn't speak, he wrote, so no, I would never have heard a doctor speak like that before.

c) He's not a doctor, just wanting advice on whether he could become one.

d) Don't be so melodramatic.

(I'm grouchy this evening)
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
d) Don't be so melodramatic.
ALAS, Poor Yorrick, I knew him well!

lol and I should be good at french I do it for AS level
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

I hope the AS syllabus is a hell of a lot better than the GCSE one. All the french I can muster at the moment is "Qu'est que tu aimes faire pendant le weekend?". That says a lot for GCSEs!
Jamie
Report 16 years ago

HA! therein is an irony of education. At the age of 20 I recall nearly no GCSE french, and no A level maths.
crikes
J
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
HA! therein is an irony of education. At the age of 20 I recall nearly no GCSE french, and no A level maths.
crikes
J
20? You're getting on a bit aren't you? Are you in your 3rd year or are you one of those students who took a gap year saving the third world before med school?
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
20? You're getting on a bit aren't you? Are you in your 3rd year or are you one of those students who took a gap year saving the third world before med school?
I'm a 3rd year and becoming increasingly sensitive about my age...
It really is true. for a quarter of your life you wanna be old, the rest you wanna be younger.
J
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (147)
60.49%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.53%
No- I want it (68)
27.98%
No- I don't want it (17)
7%

Watched Threads