Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to attend this? And did anyone already at imperial do the course, if so how useful was it?

ReputationRep:
    what is it????

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like one of those "ZOMG you failed the Mastery Test (read: 13 is a prime number True/False) and thus you will sit through these boring lessons" type things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehh)
    Sounds like one of those "ZOMG you failed the Mastery Test (read: 13 is a prime number True/False) and thus you will sit through these boring lessons" type things.
    lol nah hopefully it wont be like that. I got the letter the same day as my accomodation offer, and i think it was sent only to those people that are doing maths or a science based courses, but didnt do further maths.

ReputationRep:
    I know not of any discrimination against Single Mathematicians, as it would be unfair to those who were not given the option for Further Maths. From what I hear (and from experience in the Physics course) Further Maths (or those compoents relavent to your course) is taught in the first one or two months. Of course then the pace quickens for the rest of the course.
    If I remember the Maths Mastery test is in the week after Fresher's. Good luck to you guys. The pass mark is high, even if the questions are a little easy.

ReputationRep:
    I want to go, since it's something to do *shrugs* (and good for the brain) but it's silly that the information was sent out so late. The course is most likely already fully booked, also how can one get down to London at such short notice?

ReputationRep:
    is anyone going?

I did an AS in F.Math (2nd YEar - should have done an A level :mad: ) but still got sent one of these forms.

like the above poster siad, it could be full

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazzy)
    is anyone going?

I did an AS in F.Math (2nd YEar - should have done an A level :mad: ) but still got sent one of these forms.

like the above poster siad, it could be full
    i wana go but the guy has not replied my email, am going to phone him today.

ReputationRep:
    Here's a piece of advice: fail your maths diagnostic test if you have to sit one. They give you private or near-private weekly maths tutoring if you fail. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain since the results aren't going to matter at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Telecaster)
    Here's a piece of advice: fail your maths diagnostic test if you have to sit one. They give you private or near-private weekly maths tutoring if you fail. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain since the results aren't going to matter at all.
    niceeee, good to see them tests wont count for much.

*edit*
    I got a reply for my email, places have run out.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. I got the email too. "I am afraid the Bridging Course is now full and we cannot take in any more applications. "

Would have been nice to get a bit more notice.

ReputationRep:
    do you have knowledge of when the places got full up?

ie: month ago, couple of weeks/days

just wanted to know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swishmasta)
    lol nah hopefully it wont be like that. I got the letter the same day as my accomodation offer, and i think it was sent only to those people that are doing maths or a science based courses, but didnt do further maths.
    i didn't get such a letter... I think it would be a good idea for me to do this course actually.... I've been thinking... because I don't actually know what the English terms are in maths even, hehehe, and as we did more statistics instead of sin cos and tangens functions, it might be a good idea if I took this course. Hmmm...

ReputationRep:
    niceeee, good to see them tests wont count for much.

*edit*
    I got a reply for my email, places have run out.
    it take it this is a different course then to the one you get if you fail that maths test... as that can't be full up yet, can it? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    as far as I know it is only for CS students who have only an A Level in math and not F.math...etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adarah)
    it take it this is a different course then to the one you get if you fail that maths test... as that can't be full up yet, can it? :confused:
    nah the whole bridging course thing is different. i think ucl was running it, but also invited students from other uoL universities to attend aswell.
    well since i aint going, means i have another 3weeks summer!

ReputationRep:
    nah the whole bridging course thing is different. i think ucl was running it, but also invited students from other uoL universities to attend aswell.
    well since i aint going, means i have another 3weeks summer!
    ah, now i understand... i think if you want an extra maths course to 'catch up' failing the maths tests sounds like a better idea

ReputationRep:
    ah, now i understand... i think if you want an extra maths course to 'catch up' failing the maths tests sounds like a better idea
    lol ok, failing will do some good

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else here get this email?

"since we have had a very high number of late enquires we have decided to admit more applicants to the Mathematics Bridging Course this year. I am therefore delighted to be able to offer you a place. "

ReputationRep:
    If you fail the Physics one there is nothing to stop you from going. Except being really really lazy....

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.