How is everybody's Resolutions going?? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I've not bitten my nails once yet they look all long and pretty! And!! I've been to every class this week, all three of them. I'm so proud of myself!
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hooray for Dani!

I don't do resolutions. I mean, imagine someone 'giving up' chocolate. They're munching chocolate as they say it, "err starting tomorrow, mmph yummy", and they're doing it by mid-February again! No need.
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
I've not bitten my nails once yet they look all long and pretty! And!! I've been to every class this week, all three of them. I'm so proud of myself!
huh, could never live without the protien my nails provide! i LOVE them!
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by curryADD)
Well I only started biting them a couple years ago so it's gonna be easier, still drinking, smoking, eating chocolate but I have nails whilst I do it
Infinity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Resolutions :confused: , ah sh*t! Quickly puts out ciggarette and dumps mt.dew down the drain, puts potatoe chips back in the cupboard, and heads off to exercise.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Infinity)
Resolutions :confused: , ah sh*t! Quickly puts out ciggarette and dumps mt.dew down the drain, puts potatoe chips back in the cupboard, and heads off to exercise.
Why do people have a wierd attitude about Mountain Dew, I like it!
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Me too, problem is I live on it. I can easily drink half a case a day.
My norm is 5-6 cans per day.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Infinity)
Me too, problem is I live on it. I can easily drink half a case a day.
My norm is 5-6 cans per day.
O-kaaaaaaaay I don't drink anything that often! That's overboard...
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well I only started biting them a couple years ago so it's gonna be easier, still drinking, smoking, eating chocolate but I have nails whilst I do it
i bit my nails before i had braces, then i had braces for 7 years, the braces came off, and i went back to biting my nails
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
I do that with coke but only British coke american coke is grim so when over there I drink Mountain Dew
love_4_ducks
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
mine was not to make any, whch i am doing very well on
prince_capri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
same as me......lol
prince_capri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well, my resolution is such that it can only be completed after ssome time.......so i am waiting !!!
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i had this idea to get organised-be4 i used to be completly oblivious to everything. now i have a small organiser with important dates in and stuff. and im actually using it!

i said i would stop eating chocalate during the week, cus i had a habit o just eating crap all day instead of proper food/lunch. but that hasnt worked. ah well....
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I don't do resolutions. I mean, imagine someone 'giving up' chocolate. They're munching chocolate as they say it, "err starting tomorrow, mmph yummy", and they're doing it by mid-February again! No need.
I gave up chocolate for a month a fwe months back (and only limited the amount I had after that until christmas) but that was part of the atkins diet.

I also gave up caffiene for a couple of months before glastonbury (I don't do chemicals and so my only hope of staying awake for a reasonable amount of time and making the most of the festival was caffiene which has little effect on me (before I gave up (and the reason I gave up) I could drinking 3 cans of red bull and doze off half an hour later :eek: )) unfortunatley it didn't seem to have much affect on my resistance to it (even with red bull/coke/coffee I had trouble staying awake late )...back on it now but not nearly at the same levels (and I wouldn't drink it at all if I could get orangina in bottles smaller than 2l.

It's quite nice to give things up every now and then (I'm working my way back onto the atkins for a few weeks to shake off the carbs addiction which resurfaced over christmas) but unless you truley want to stop something for good making a new yrs resolution is pointless.

Well done on the nails dani - I gave up when I was about 13 - just decided I was fed up of having no nails and with a bit of concentration it was easy (although I do have a good gnaw every now and then if one breaks - have to nibble it smooth or it does my head in )
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well, crap actually.

I lasted 4 days without a cigarette and spent most of that laid up in bed *****ing, whining, and considering accelerating my assent to heaven.

On the rare occasion I did venture from my morose slumber I stumbled around the house muttering like some ancient Uzbek ***** at the bazaar.

Still, happily I'm over it now. Back to my old levels of consumption and looking forward to a somewhat shorter but happy life.
xAngelx
Report 15 years ago

aww Mountain Dew the drink i loved that when i came to america can we get it over here??? i miss it
picju96
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Mine were to stop biting my nails (failed), go to every lecture in the week (failed - couldn't get out of bed this morning) and practice trumpet every day (still going at the moment!)
Goat
Report 15 years ago
what the f*** is mountain dew?! :confused:
xAngelx
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Goat)
what the f*** is mountain dew?! :confused:
if she or he is on about the same thing its a drink kinda like Sprite but a lil' bit better
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (105)
19.48%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
41.19%
Nope, not that interesting (212)
39.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise