The Student Room Group

Help! Is Viagogo Legitimate???????

i have found some festival tickets for a festival that has been sold out for a while on here.
the festival website says that viagogo is the only safe ticket swap website for people who bought tickets and want to swap them.

i just wondered if anyone had bought tickets from here before and if the site is legitimate!needless to say i dont want to waste 200+ quid on fake tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yep they are legitimate.
Reply 2
abbey2412
i have found some festival tickets for a festival that has been sold out for a while on here.
the festival website says that viagogo is the only safe ticket swap website for people who bought tickets and want to swap them.

i just wondered if anyone had bought tickets from here before and if the site is legitimate!needless to say i dont want to waste 200+ quid on fake tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it is, otherwise why would they list viagogo as a safe site :rolleyes:
It is one of the largest tout/swap sites, so yes, when you pay massively over the face value for a ticket you can be sure it isn't fake

On a side note, touting should be illegal, then it might be easier to buy the tickets in the first place
Reply 3
but does the site check the tickets or are they sent straight from the seller to the buyer?
because it that is the case the website cannot tell if they are fake?
Dnator

On a side note, touting should be illegal, then it might be easier to buy the tickets in the first place

i agree.
As far as I know yes. It's advertised on the radio.
Reply 6
Dnator
Yes it is, otherwise why would they list viagogo as a safe site :rolleyes:
It is one of the largest tout/swap sites, so yes, when you pay massively over the face value for a ticket you can be sure it isn't fake

how would people re sell tickets if they couldnt go to something? or do you mean they could sell them but not inflate the price?
Ticket site? :confused: I though Viagogo was a drug for men who can't get it up.
Reply 8
jelly1000
how would people re sell tickets if they couldnt go to something? or do you mean they could sell them but not inflate the price?

Well, the options are : You are able to get a refund from the ticket company who will then sell your ticket on or ,like you said, it is legal to sell them on, but only for face value. It is ridiculous that , if you have enough capital, you can make a fortune on events like leeds fest just by buying as many tickets as possible and selling them for 50 % more. A lot of people seem to just buy an 'extra' ticket just to sell on ebay when they buy theirs.
Reply 9
Addzter
Ticket site? :confused: I though Viagogo was a drug for men who can't get it up.

Lack of funny there.
Dnator
Lack of funny there.

Yeah, I wasn't 100% sure about that one either, but then I thought "**** it, it's one more for the postcount."
Reply 11
Addzter
Yeah, I wasn't 100% sure about that one either, but then I thought "**** it, it's one more for the postcount."

Make your 3000th more of spectacle :yep:
It's legit but at the same time it's daylight robbery and i frown upon it's existance =P
Reply 13
Ive both bought and sold on viagogo and its all fine :smile:
Yeh there are some people who are just out to make a quick profit, but there are some genuine 'spare' ticket sellers too.

The reason viagogo is more expensive is becasue they charge a percentage fee, so if i was selling and set my ticket price at face value, i would actually be losing money as viagogo take a cut. In order to break even on something like a reading tickt you have to charge about £210 but if you think the face value is £170 plus see tickets booking fee + postage and packaging, £200 ish isnt actually to bad :smile:
Reply 14
abbey2412
but does the site check the tickets or are they sent straight from the seller to the buyer?
because it that is the case the website cannot tell if they are fake?

Tickets get sent straight from seller to buyer, but the seller doesnt get paid by viagogo until after the event and if their buyer has any problems the seller doesnt get paid and is liable to pay for a new ticket for the buyer at whatever price. So its not int he sellers interest to sell fakes or not actually have the ticket. :smile:
Reply 15
my son bought a ticket online paid the money on debit card and then it was cancelled.they said he will be refunded in 10 days I hope hes not getting ripped off.has this happened to anyone else
(edited 7 years ago)
Had he had refund yet
Anybody know how to contact viagogo any other way than the help centre? For example how would you contact then with any issues with the ticket such as being fake?
Original post by rosewmc7
my son bought a ticket online paid the money on debit card and then it was cancelled.they said he will be refunded in 10 days I hope hes not getting ripped off.has this happened to anyone else

Did he receive the refund?
Reply 19
Legitimate only in so much that they charge you 3x face value of the tickets. SCALPERS

Latest