The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My mum has just paid over £200 for twenty one pilot tickets I really hope that the site is legit becasue I’m so excited!!! and praying it’s not a scam can someone please tell me if they have purchased tickets from here before and if it was legit thanks :smile:
Never buy ticket from Viagogo, they are conman. I purchased tickets for G&R on Aug for their Nov 11 show in Phil.. Sadly up today, I have not receive and they shift their responsibility to German Post and want me to followup. It sound stupid, why get German to issue ticket only on 6th Nov not their Phil agent? If that so, they can email copy of ticket instead send thru courier.? Don't buy thru Viagogo
(edited 5 years ago)
I just bought 2 tickets from Viagogo. I have a section number, but they didn't give me seat numbers. Have I just been scammed?
Yes, Viagoo is a scam, dont fall into their trap
Reply 64
I recently purchased tickets from viagogo and stupidly didn't do my research first. I got the row and seat numbers. Do you think the tickets will be legit? Has anyone had a good experience with viagogo? Thanks
Reply 65
Did you get to see Twenty One Pilots? My mum did the same, due to see them 8n Manchester on Tuesday!
Reply 66
Original post by MsJessica
My mum has just paid over £200 for twenty one pilot tickets I really hope that the site is legit becasue I’m so excited!!! and praying it’s not a scam can someone please tell me if they have purchased tickets from here before and if it was legit thanks :smile:

Did you get to see Twenty One Pilots? My mum did same costing £244 , due to see them on Tues
I successfully re-sold my tickets on Viagogo. BUT......I don't get any of the money until after the event AND until it's confirmed that the person who bought the tickets has successfully entered the venue. So if they can't attend for some reason, I'm out of luck. We shall see. Plus, I'm not getting all of my money back, just a portion of it. Still am very leery and don't trust this company. Am not using them again.
(edited 5 years ago)
SO. Just thought I'd put this on there for anyone worried about buying or selling tickets on Viagogo.

If you can't get into the event the seller doesn't get any money. I know this as I have been scammed as a seller myself.

It is EASY for buyers to claim they didn't get entry and therefore the sellers not only have been charged for the original tickets but also the money to refund the buyers.
I had this only yesterday. So last year I bought tickets to a show at the O2 and was then DEVASTATED to find I couldn't go. So I found Viagogo, did some research and then listed my tickets. I was selling them for face value - £65 each (cos its just unfair to charge someone more than you bought them for srsly) so after the concert I was expecting to receive £130. When I got the email from the O2 with the tickets I sent them straight through Viagogo so there was no excuse for them not having the tickets. I sent the tickets through a month before the concert!

Then yesterday I received an email saying that the buyers were denied entry to the concert! AND these are legitimate tickets so I fail to under stand how they could not get in!So not only did I have to pay £130 for the tickets, Viagogo charged me another £70 to give back to the buyers - WITHOUT telling me they were taking anything! In a panicked state I rang my bank and cancelled my bank card and they have changed my details so no more money can be taken.I was in shock as I had lost £200 - AND these tickets were legitimate. I emailed them the proof - the receipt email, the email accompanying the tickets and the actual tickets and NOTHING. I keep receiving the same email from them like it is copy and pasted.
I'm waiting for the O2 to open to see if they can check these people gained entry and REFUND me for the tickets!! I'm also still emailing Viagogo non-stop as this does not make sense.

The saddest part is, is that the money I got back was supposed to go into my savings along with the money I have been earning from my four jobs in order to be able to pay for my University accommodation and now instead of gaining £130 back, I am now down £200.

So moral of the story - from reading this thread and my own experience - DO NOT USE VIAGOGO FOR BUYING OR SELLING!!
(edited 4 years ago)
I would not use Viagogo. It's often used by touts so tickets are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced. I would recommend Twickets.
Original post by abbey2412
i have found some festival tickets for a festival that has been sold out for a while on here.
the festival website says that viagogo is the only safe ticket swap website for people who bought tickets and want to swap them.

i just wondered if anyone had bought tickets from here before and if the site is legitimate!needless to say i dont want to waste 200+ quid on fake tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah they are legitimate, although you should expect high costs given its a tout.
This thread is almost a decade old :hmmm:
Reply 72
DO NOT TRUST THEM! I spent £400 on tickets through viagogo and 2 days before the event I called asking why my tickets were not yet here, they said they would post them 1st class.. got to the day of the concert and they had cancelled and resold my tickets, without any notification!
I have never tried Viagogo, maybe I will give it a try.
Original post by CyberFreak
I have never tried Viagogo, maybe I will give it a try.

Do not unless you want to burn money
Original post by abbey2412
i have found some festival tickets for a festival that has been sold out for a while on here.
the festival website says that viagogo is the only safe ticket swap website for people who bought tickets and want to swap them.

i just wondered if anyone had bought tickets from here before and if the site is legitimate!needless to say i dont want to waste 200+ quid on fake tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have bought concert tickets before and they were real! It is a legitimate resale site. they also guarantee a refund if the tickets turn out to be invalid, so do not worry too much about that.
Reply 76
Original post by oliviawilsonnn
I have bought concert tickets before and they were real! It is a legitimate resale site. they also guarantee a refund if the tickets turn out to be invalid, so do not worry too much about that.

that person posted 9 years ago lmao
Original post by gjd800
that person posted 9 years ago lmao

oh my god, why did it come up on my can you answer?!?! I didn't look at the date. Feel a bit dumbo.
Purchased tickets down under. Tickets ended up not being legitimate. Need to be extremely cautious
If tickets are all sold out in all official retail sites to an event you really want to go to I suggest that you purchase them from ticketmaster resale or twickets I've used twickets before and the tickets are usually very little over face value and they were legitimate but I think if you want to go to an event desperately put a reminder when tickets go on sale and try your best to buy them immediately 😊

Latest