International Oxbridge Applicants: Heard anything yet? Watch

This discussion is closed.
dannyboy
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
First of all, Congratulations to all successful applicants to oxbridge and to those who are still under pooling, don't put off your hope.

I am an international student applying to Oxford. I was asked to sit a written test on the 14th of Dec in Mathematics. Anyways, after reading the threads posted here, I just can't wait to receive my results...... the problem is WHY ISN'T IT HERE YET?

It would be very helpful if any of the international applicants here (or the respective parents) would notify me about your arrival of the offer letters (i.e. Date of arrival etc.).

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME.
leeshen-han
Report 16 years ago
I'm from Malaysia too & I applied to Christ's College, Cambridge for medicine. As of today, I still haven't heard anything from Cambridge... yet! But, I'm certain the letter's out there.... somewhere between Cambridge & Malaysia. I guess by now, the letter should have reached Malaysia... Keeping fingers crossed & praying hard!
Relax dannyboy... btw, where're you doing your A-Levels?
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Gosh you guys haven't heard yet? Maybe that's a good sign.

I got my reply on Saturday and I'm from Brunei. It's so weird you haven't got yours yet, coz' Brunei is waaay slower than Malaysia - we usually drive up to the border to post our mail so it gets to places faster. Hrmph.. weird. I'm malaysian too. Where else have you applied to?
Weirdo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hey dannyboy!

I live in the United Arab Emirates, but I went back to England to sit the maths test at Oxford...

I heard from them on Christmas day :confused: which college did you apply to?
leeshen-han
Report 16 years ago
Hiya lil flowergirl...
I'm been going through other threads where I happened to read through some of your previous posts. So, I know about your rejection from Downing for law. Well... I'd like to offer my deepest sympathies. I know that it's hard to face a rejection and it takes a strong-willed person to get over all the despair and agony. So, cheer up! Look on the bright side. At least you still got an offer from Notts.
Speaking of post, I'm totally not surprised that you got your mail earlier. I guess it got something to do with Brunei being small... so, the letter reaches you faster once it arrives in Brunei.
I'm from Kedah... that's way way up north peninsula Malaysia. So, I think by now, the Cambridge letter is slowly making its way from KL to Kedah! My friend in Penang has already got her offer letter from Sidney Sussex for medicine. My gut feeling tells me that it may be coming tomorrow! Lup dup... lup dup... lup dup... (sound of the beating heart!)
leeshen-han
Report 16 years ago
Oops!
Errata: lil flowergirl should have been lilsunflower!
sorry yea...
what was I thinking of!
erika_johanna
Report 16 years ago
I'm in Norway, and I got mine on January fifth. (Actually, I got a letter from the Bursar's office on January second, and then the official confirmation after that, which I think was not the way it was supposed to work.) Hope yours comes soon, and is positive.
charles
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by dannyboy)
First of all, Congratulations to all successful applicants to oxbridge and to those who are still under pooling, don't put off your hope.

I am an international student applying to Oxford. I was asked to sit a written test on the 14th of Dec in Mathematics. Anyways, after reading the threads posted here, I just can't wait to receive my results...... the problem is WHY ISN'T IT HERE YET?

It would be very helpful if any of the international applicants here (or the respective parents) would notify me about your arrival of the offer letters (i.e. Date of arrival etc.).

Which subject are you doing? Maths or Physics?
Canada Girl
Report 16 years ago
As my name indicates, I applied from Canada and am still waiting for a response from cambridge. my college informed me that i wouldn't hear back until end of jan, though. try contacting you college by email--they seem really friendly and helpful.

(Original post by charles)
Which subject are you doing? Maths or Physics?
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I live in Switzerland and got my letter (from Oxford) on December the 19th...
Omer
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hey I'm from Turkey and I got an offer from King's to study SPS. My letter isn't here yet but I just couldn't wait and rang up the college, they told me that I was accepted over the phone. So all you overseas people should call and ask... waiting is hell.. Good luck
Jonatan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by dannyboy)

My application arrived about a week ago, but then, I live in norway so it is probably only delayed like 24 hours as compared to britain.
DaKewLesT
Report 16 years ago
I'm from Bahrain..

But I go to a boarding school in UK, which is where the letter was mailed. So, I had to call my housemaster up on the 23rd, I think ..

Weirdoo.. which college did u apply to ?
CHilL
Report 16 years ago
I'm from Pakistan and I got an offer to read Mathematics at Magdalen College, Oxford. Alhamdulillah!

Fido
Report 16 years ago
Is any one of you guys applying for a postgraduate course??

If so, I'd like to know how long have you waited since submitting the application, until receiving any response!
Weirdo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DaKewLesT)
I'm from Bahrain..

But I go to a boarding school in UK, which is where the letter was mailed. So, I had to call my housemaster up on the 23rd, I think ..

Weirdoo.. which college did u apply to ?
hey... sorry I took so long to reply

I applied to Keble, but while I was there I got pooled, so ended up having interviews at Exeter, St. Anne's, and Balliol. I got accepted by Exeter in the end, which is quite cool coz apparently it's a good college what about u?
Weirdo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by CHilL)
I'm from Pakistan and I got an offer to read Mathematics at Magdalen College, Oxford. Alhamdulillah!

Mabrook!

Magdalen's not that far away from Exeter College... it's nice to know that there are people on here, other than myself, that have applied to a Mathematics course.
Stephanie1820
Report 16 years ago
weirdo - my brother's at exeter and apparently the people are really friendly, so good for you!

its definitely a really good college and it right in the centre so you're really lucky.

I've got an offer from St. Peter's which is quite central too so i'm really pleased!

x
Stephanie1820
Report 16 years ago
upon re-reading my reply i have noticed the excessive use of the word 'really' - things like that really (damn it...) things like that irritate me immensely (thats better..) so sorry..!

x
CHilL
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Weirdo)
Mabrook!

Magdalen's not that far away from Exeter College... it's nice to know that there are people on here, other than myself, that have applied to a Mathematics course.
Yes, you're not the only weirdo around!
Oh and Mabrook to you too.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (529)
66.71%
No (264)
33.29%

Watched Threads