Report 15 years ago
I got rejected
Weirdo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Stephanie1820)
weirdo - my brother's at exeter and apparently the people are really friendly, so good for you!

its definitely a really good college and it right in the centre so you're really lucky.

I've got an offer from St. Peter's which is quite central too so i'm really pleased!

x
hey! that's nice to know... I was wondering about the people coz everyone at Keble seemed really nice, but they wouldn't let me go anywhere past the first building at Exeter..

Well done on getting an offer!!! That's really cool that you and your brother both managed to get places! What course did you apply to?
Stephanie1820
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
I originally applied for French and Spanish but on my last day the French tutor told me I hadnt done very well in my Spanish written test, so he wasnt sure if I would get and offer to study both. Basically, he told me i could have a definite offer there and then if i agreed to doing French Literature.

I was a bit disappointed cos my sister just graduated from there and my two brothers study there, and all three do two subjects so I'm kind of like the black sheep of the family!

Oh well, I was a hugely marginal candidate so im really pleased anyway!

What subject are you taking?

x
Weirdo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Mathematics and Computer Science... I'm still not sure about the computer science part, but I enjoy a challege, and if I don't enjoy it then I'll have the opportunity to drop it at the end of my first year I didn't think I had the slightest chance of getting an offer, and 2 (out of 5) or my interviews went really badly!! In 1 or them, I had this weird German woman, and a random German undergraduate sat in the room with us as well. The German guy seriously looked like goofy, and all he did was laugh through the whole interview... and every time I asked a question, the German woman would burst out laughing too So I just sat there wondering what I was meant to do... it was really strange! The interview at Exeter was my favourite interview, and the tutours were really nice, so I'm looking forward to going there! And, like you said, it's right in the centre, which is really cool coz you walk out the entrance and... oooo... shops!!

Don't worry about the two-subject thing! If you really wanted to do another subject, you could think about staying on for a few more years after your French course...
Stephanie1820
Report 15 years ago
i only had two interviews -

one was fine although it was spanish and he asked me about french literature the whole time... hmmmm... but my french one was appaling! he spent the first 5 mins with his back to me (looking for something apparently.......) and then asked me the same question 5 times, each time saying 'NO!' apart from once when he shouted 'For GOD'S sake, THINK! Its RIGHT in front of you!' until finally i asked him what the answer was and it was almost exactly the same as what i had originally said (it was a translation of something).

nightmare! but all's well that ends well i guess, cos i got the place in the end!

x
DaKewLesT
Report 15 years ago
I think its my turn to apologize for being late, Weirdoo!

((Alf Mabroook on Exeter o 3ogbal bent el7alal! )) I got an offer from Balliol to do PPE, it's not that far away from exeter, so drop by sometime!
CHilL
Report 15 years ago
Oh Mabrook DaKewLest on your offer. Exeter's not too far from Magdalen also so do drop by.
Weirdo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by DaKewLesT)
I think its my turn to apologize for being late, Weirdoo!

((Alf Mabroook on Exeter o 3ogbal bent el7alal! )) I got an offer from Balliol to do PPE, it's not that far away from exeter, so drop by sometime!
hey!

yeah.. I had an interview at Balliol - it was really nice! The guy at the gate was quite cool too! I'll send you a private message some time during the summer.. we should deffinately meet up!

*Tara*
Weirdo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by CHilL)
Oh Mabrook DaKewLest on your offer. Exeter's not too far from Magdalen also so do drop by.
I'm sure we'll meet eachother in Maths lectures...

I'm getting excited now

*Tara*
DaKewLesT
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Weirdo)
hey!

yeah.. I had an interview at Balliol - it was really nice! The guy at the gate was quite cool too! I'll send you a private message some time during the summer.. we should deffinately meet up!

*Tara*
KewL ...

I am fed up with waiting actually... i just want to go to oxford now ..

BTW, i realize it's a lil belated, but tough luck on the 3-1 werido ! Bahrain is just a better side !
matouwah
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
rejected.......and i wanted to test the arabic restaurants and sheesha places.....ahhhdy
Weirdo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
BTW, i realize it's a lil belated, but tough luck on the 3-1 werido ! Bahrain is just a better side !
lol
DaKewLesT
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by matouwah)
rejected.......and i wanted to test the arabic restaurants and sheesha places.....ahhhdy

Sorry about that maan ... inshalla u'll go somewhere else with even better Sheesha places... Edgware road perhapz ?

I heard bout a sheesha place somewhere in oxford, but i didn't get the chance to explore when i was there fr interview, bas inshalla i'll have that chance in the next few years...

I would love to say we beat Qatar too, but we didn't .. perhaps next Gulf cup ...

best wishes,
3eeSa
Weirdo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I heard bout a sheesha place somewhere in oxford, but i didn't get the chance to explore when i was there fr interview, bas inshalla i'll have that chance in the next few years...
Sheesha places in Oxford?!? I've got something else to work towards now...

*Tara*
CHilL
Report 15 years ago
I had apple flavoured sheesha once, couldnt stop coughing...
DaKewLesT
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by CHilL)
Not that I'm a Sheesha expert nor addic, but I'd say go for Bahraini Apple !
am I starting to show signs of homesickness already ?....

(Original post by weirdo)
Sheesha places in Oxford?!? I've got something else to work towards now...
Sheeshas' on me da first nite out? Wha do ya say .. ?
...so long as u do remember this.... !

There's also this lebanese restaurant opposite Balliol... didnt try it though .. .....
Weirdo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by CHilL)
apple's ok... I passed out the first time I had sheesha coz my dad walked off, and I thought I had to constantly "smoke" it in order to keep the coals hot. I kept laying back, so it went straight to my head, and when I tried to stand up, I just collapsed my brother wasn't very amused!

I personally like strawberry, and cherry's ok... never tried mint... :rolleyes:

*Tara*
DaKewLesT
Report 15 years ago
I passed out the first time I had sheesha
*Tara*
I managed not to pass out my 1st time.... however, i'm yet to finish a full one on my own ...

u seem to be more experienced , thus, i shall hire u as my sheesha guide ...

Talking about our "1st time"s soundz a lil bit weird , which is fine when ur called weirdo, not in any other case though... dont u think ?
Weirdo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol... I guess so :rolleyes:

I'm not that "experienced" - I think I've only ever finished 1 sheesha thing by myself...

It'd be interesting to find out if Sheesha is the same in England as it is here, coz things like shawarmas have been messed up in England!
DaKewLesT
Report 15 years ago
It'd be interesting to find out if Sheesha is the same in England as it is here, coz things like kebabs have been messed up in England!

That is true, however u can get proper sheesha in Edgware road, as well is as some yummy Kebabs !
I' wouldn't put my money on the oxford one being that good, however it is still better than nuthin ! Besides if we really got desperate, we can prepare it ourselves .. after taking several courses by - shame they r not offered in oxford uni huh ? - some of my more experienced friends !
PS: I'm so looking forward to going to london this weekend after having this convo ... !
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (60)
19.74%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (120)
39.47%
Nope, not that interesting (124)
40.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise