International Oxbridge Applicants: Heard anything yet? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Weirdo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sorry... I meant Shawarmas, not Kebabs :rolleyes: I don't think you can get proper fruit cocktails anywhere in England either I'm gunna miss being here...
matouwah
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ahhhhhdy i will prob be off to imperial......prob could get alot more tarneeb and sheesha there than at oxford...
Weirdo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by matouwah)
ahhhhhdy i will prob be off to imperial......prob could get alot more tarneeb and sheesha there than at oxford...
I'll have to come down and visit you!
CHilL
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DaKewLesT)
That is true, however u can get proper sheesha in Edgware road, as well is as some yummy Kebabs !
I' wouldn't put my money on the oxford one being that good, however it is still better than nuthin ! Besides if we really got desperate, we can prepare it ourselves .. after taking several courses by - shame they r not offered in oxford uni huh ? - some of my more experienced friends !
PS: I'm so looking forward to going to london this weekend after having this convo ... !
Is Edgware road the one which has Beirut Express? My friends wanted to take me to this place called Batouch or Batook or something... but it was full so we ended up going to Beirut Express. I'm not a big fan of arabic cuisine though
CHilL
Report 16 years ago
That is true, however u can get proper sheesha in Edgware road, as well is as some yummy Kebabs !
I' wouldn't put my money on the oxford one being that good, however it is still better than nuthin ! Besides if we really got desperate, we can prepare it ourselves .. after taking several courses by - shame they r not offered in oxford uni huh ? - some of my more experienced friends !
PS: I'm so looking forward to going to london this weekend after having this convo ... !
Is Edgware road the one which has Beirut Express? My friends wanted to take me to this place called Batouch or Batook or something... but it was full so we ended up going to Beirut Express. I'm not a big fan of arabic cuisine though

P.S. a friend just told me its patogh.
DaKewLesT
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by CHilL)

P.S. a friend just told me its patogh.

Yes, beirut express is on Edgware road! Dunno about Batouch though , there's Ranoush there, they make awesome Shawarmaz! £3 each though , not BD0.2 nor 2 durhams , or wha eva u used to pay for em...

hmm...
Why is leicester square called china town , n edgware road not called arab town ?

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by matouwah
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As long as your into life in london imperial is a gr8 uni! so , good luck with that..!
DaKewLesT
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Weirdo)
Sorry... I meant Shawarmas, not Kebabs :rolleyes: I don't think you can get proper fruit cocktails anywhere in England either I'm gunna miss being here...
You can get some good shawarmas in some places, several on edgware road, however the price is around 10x what u'r used to pay for one...
cocktails here are mostly associated with alcahol, which is a no-no for me atleast, yet wouldnt say they're horrible , a friend of mine always gets virgin cocktails from Fridays .... i think ...
Weirdo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
£3 for a shawarma!!!! :eek: a student at uni would have to save up for that! The best shawarmas here are the cheapest ones!!

I'm sure there are other roads in London like Edgware road... if they called Edgware "arab town" there'd have to be an "arab town 2" and an "arab town 3" etc... :rolleyes: Going to London is like being back in Dubai - you can smell the arab women as soon as you walk in to Selfridges or Harrods, and you even see cars with Dubai number plates driving around!

Cocktails at restaurants here are usually associated with alcohol, but you can buy really nice fruit cocktails from the shawarma shops... I actually prefer them to anything alcoholic!
DaKewLesT
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Weirdo)
I'm sure there are other roads in London like Edgware road... if they called Edgware "arab town" there'd have to be an "arab town 2" and an "arab town 3" etc... :rolleyes:!

Not really, you wouldn't find the same concentration of arabz in any other area in london... the rest are a bunch of places scattered here n there! so, i dont think the numbering issue would arise!

I would have to agree about the cocktails/juices issues .... it's quite similar with nuts....!

these things here r a luxury... which we shouldn't make a habit of, unless Shk Zayed is your uncle or somefin .. !!
Weirdo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
these things here r a luxury... which we shouldn't make a habit of, unless Shk Zayed is your uncle or somefin .. !!
nah, Sheikh Zayed's not my uncle, but I do know the next ruler or Dubai (after Sheikh Maktoum)... that might help
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (529)
66.71%
No (264)
33.29%

Watched Threads