Turn on thread page Beta

drugs watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ok, this might seem really weird.

basically my friends and i are writing a short play to enter at the national student drama festival. in the play is a crucial scene where the lead character encounters her first experience with drugs.

unfortunately there is a major problem. my friends and i, being good girls, obviously, have never actually taken drugs. this is making it very difficult to write about.

i was wondering if any of you with experience of drugs could tell me how (inhale, inject, sniff etc ) and in what circumstances they took them (club, drunk, home, party etc) and describe accurately the effects of the drug and what it made you do. this would be incredibly helpful to us as it is quite awkward to ask people we know to describe their experiences.

note: i am not trying to learn how to take drugs nor am i promoting the use of drugs in any circumstances!!! i am writing a play and i want to get these little facts right. please mods don't delete this; i really need help!

thanks guys xxx

ReputationRep:
    lol!

Yea right! Posting anything here is just asking for it!

There are lots of sites that describe in depths the effects of different drugs, I was thinking of making a bit of a list here, but it would take way too much time.

ReputationRep:
    The ultimate drugs resource - http://www.erowid.org

Check out the experiences page, I often find myself reading to see what drugs I'd never touch actually feel like.

Obviously I'm talking your top class As here, heroin, coke and so forth.

I think we all know what happens when one drinks too much, and weed merely enhances your senses.

You roll around laughing and eat all the chocolate cake.

Don't forget to paint a fair image of the substances - e.g. no recorded deaths from ecstacy, however people have died from dehydration whilst under the influence.

Maybe you should focus on the panic element of drugs, especially as its meant to portray a first time. Just don't go all Daily Mail on us!

ReputationRep:
    Don't believe the hype

ReputationRep:
    drugs are a mug's game

ReputationRep:
    Realistically?

Have her drop dead on the spot.

ReputationRep:
    Try Weebl's-Stuff forums. They can't stop talking about how to take drugs :rolleyes:.

Is it any drug in particualar? (Trying to inject cannabis in between your toes my not work that well..., though I wouldn't know myself)

ReputationRep:
    Go to askfrank! i think its www.askfrank.com

ReputationRep:
    is tea a drug ? if so i am a hopeless drug addict

ReputationRep:
    Tea has caffine in it. So you can get physically addicted to it if your drink it regularly

ReputationRep:
    imo askfrank is a load of propaganda and as such I wouldn't ask there if you want real experiences.

try it and see

ReputationRep:
    do you want me to pm you about it?

ReputationRep:
    First rule of writing a realistic story: Write what you know.

If I were you, I'd change the story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    drugs are a mug's game
    Thats right kids... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ynox)
    imo askfrank is a load of propaganda and as such I wouldn't ask there if you want real experiences.
    :dito:

i think the best place to get the information as many people have suggested would be ask frank... but also try looking on google or another search engine for informationon drug abuse and its affects. i don't think people will be able to be fowrd enoguh erally to admit on the forum that they take drugs, but i am sure there are some people on here that do.

ReputationRep:
    ^^^erowin is well worth a read, Too many experiences to post, might post one later

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys. the bluelight site is v.useful. i understand that lots of people might not want to admit they've taken drugs. however if u don't mind i'd like to hear your story. it's very important to me that i portray drug-taking realistically because i myself find it offensive when people write about stuff they know nothing about and didn't even bother to research. obviously i'm also researching on other places than tsr! however, the more stories i hear, the more accurate i can be, so fire away!

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, www.erowid.org is the bible in terms of psychoactives!

They have, at present 9126 individual experiences documenting just about every drug you can imagine and a lot you won't have even heard of.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp_list.shtml

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.