drugs Watch

This discussion is closed.
Feef
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Another vote for erowid, tis a fantastic resource. May be able to help you more if you give an idea of what sort of drugs we're talking about here - someone smoking weed for the first time, psychoactives, out clubbing, or for some reason jumping on to something ridiculously hardcore?

Oh, pm me your msn (or similar) should you want to discuss it there at all..
Herleif
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah, actualy it would be good to know which drugs we are talkin about.
Syntax
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
thanks guys. the bluelight site is v.useful. i understand that lots of people might not want to admit they've taken drugs. however if u don't mind i'd like to hear your story. it's very important to me that i portray drug-taking realistically because i myself find it offensive when people write about stuff they know nothing about and didn't even bother to research. obviously i'm also researching on other places than tsr! however, the more stories i hear, the more accurate i can be, so fire away!
As mentioned above, what drug would you like to use in your play? I can only offer () weed and extacy.
mez
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ive had good trips and bad trips make sure u show both types. or read about them both at least
JoeFen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'd be willing to write about ecstasy, coke, speed, weed and shrooms.
Timmah
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Make sure you show that one of the most important factors of taking drugs is where you are and who you're with.

A spliff on your own in the garden, sun blazing and birds twittering will feel great.

Smoking on a night out, surrounded by clean people, barstaff, police, security etc.. will make you pretty goddamn paranoid.
Kura1984
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by HearTheThunder)
Realistically?

Have her drop dead on the spot.
Well done!

:p:
Rosie151
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
thanks to everyone who replied! um...i'm mostly interested in coke, weed and e. however any other experiences would also be useful as it would help be get a bit of 'background info' on other drugs. could anyone willing to share their story pm me?

gracias, you are all amazing and i'll be sure to mention tsr when i win an olivier award for my play!!!
qwerty_st/n
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ever watched human traffic?
thats a pretty accurate portrayal of what its like bein on xtc, plus its quite informative giving background about the drugs and what they do to you
plus its very funny

also www.ravesafe.org and
www.thegooddrugsguide.com
Phonicsdude
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Cannabis can have two effects: It can make you extremely lazy (stoned) or a bit more active (high). Your senses are heightened and ou think of things that you would never normally think of (Imagine if I was made of sandwiches...). There is no come down.

Ecstasy makes you have increased empathy, are extremely active, happy and ... sweaty. You are likwly to sweat an awful lot (especially as it is usually taken at discos and raves where there are a lot of people in a confined, dark, strobe-lit environment). It is important to keep sipping water to rehydrate yourself. It decreases your metabolism for the duration of the high and come down, so your system cannot take vast quantities of water at a time and you are not at all hungry for close to 24 hours after taking it. I have yet to meet someone who has taken pills as a substitute for weight loss pills though.
The come down is terribe. Some people have reported feeling suicidal. I guess these people most be mythological. MOST people simply feel really tired (you usually cant get to sleep until about 5 or 6 the morning after you took the pill AND youve been active for most of that time). This is why taking ecstasy the day before having to so something (nay anything) is incredibly foolish.

None of this is from personal experience.
mancjunglist
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Phonicsdude)
Ecstasy makes you have increased empathy, are extremely active, happy and ... sweaty. You are likwly to sweat an awful lot (especially as it is usually taken at discos and raves where there are a lot of people in a confined, dark, strobe-lit environment). It is important to keep sipping water to rehydrate yourself. It decreases your metabolism for the duration of the high and come down, so your system cannot take vast quantities of water at a time and you are not at all hungry for close to 24 hours after taking it. I have yet to meet someone who has taken pills as a substitute for weight loss pills though.
The come down is terribe. Some people have reported feeling suicidal. I guess these people most be mythological. MOST people simply feel really tired (you usually cant get to sleep until about 5 or 6 the morning after you took the pill AND youve been active for most of that time). This is why taking ecstasy the day before having to so something (nay anything) is incredibly foolish.

None of this is from personal experience.
Couple of points...e doesnt make you sweat...dancing does...not everyone wants to be active, I know a lot of people who are far happier dropping in a quiet palce where they can just listen to music and chat with their friends...your appetite will normally return within 7 or 8 hours of your last drop or quicker if you havent done more than 1 or 2....a come down is caused by serotonin depletion, mostly this affect is exaggerated and as you say the feeling is just one of fatigue from staying up late, and the depression is often a mixture of tirednes as well as a literal 'comedown' i.e you were so happy whilst on the drug that any return to normality will feel more like depression... a lot of people find that the depression doesnt come for another 2 or 3 days hence the name 'wednesday blues'...
JoeFen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Exactly mancjunglist.

I advise dropping 3-4 hrs before you plan to drop off (depending on the pill you are taking obviously) and smoking a lot of weed an hour or so before sleeping.
bondjamesbond
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
he... this is new... a cyber junkie
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (83)
25.94%
No (237)
74.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise