My Cars making bad noises Watch

This discussion is closed.
Taker4376
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
LOL thanks everyone. I'll just have to take it back to Citreon. My brother told me it was a bad idea to get a car from them coz of the rattling and the unreliability. But I thought it was cute :rolleyes:
Hanzing
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by DeliBelly)
PublicSchoolAnn makes a good point. SMALL CARS ARE JUST NOT MADE TO CARRY A LOT OF PEOPLE. Bad idea.
True,Carrying 4 people and a hell of alot of luggage in my Lil citroen AX my suspension hasnt been the same since.
puk2184
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'd put money on it needing a new drive shaft.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by puk2184)
I'd put money on it needing a new drive shaft.
Dosn't that make more of a knocking noise? I reckon thats going on my mates Fiesta but its 13 years old and has done 90,000 miles.

Surely a new car has to be very badly made to need a new drive shaft? On the other hand its made by PSA.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Hanzing)
True,Carrying 4 people and a hell of alot of luggage in my Lil citroen AX my suspension hasnt been the same since.
My metro was fine with big loads - even after taking 8 people and a bunch of shopping :cool:
puk2184
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by AT82)
Dosn't that make more of a knocking noise? I reckon thats going on my mates Fiesta but its 13 years old and has done 90,000 miles.

Surely a new car has to be very badly made to need a new drive shaft? On the other hand its made by PSA.
No it happened to my car and it was a screeching noise. You're right, it does sound too new to need a new drive shaft but it could have just been badly fitted or something
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by AT82)
If the exhaust had fallen off then it would not make a sqeeking sound, its loud its like a jet plane taking off. The exhaust fell on my dads Punto once, not a fun moment.
:toofunny: And there thinking of banning motorbikes over a certain noise now!

(Original post by SinghFello)
Doesnt really suprise me, french cars arn't really reknowned for reliability, or build quality, or image, or performance...
Ahem! A list of the best cars ever made happen to be the gti's that Peugeot make! The build quality I agree with though! :rolleyes:

I would of though it would be:

1) Caliper positioned too close to the disk or
2) Brake Disk or Pad cracked is some way or
3) R/H/S Shock absorber defective

I'm not sure which one. You hope its the 3rd, because that will be under warranty more than the other two. As for the shocks, if one is defective, they both have to go.
I am also presuming this is not a VTS in which case you should have drums on the rear with more focus on the front brakes. Theres food for thought!
Ynox
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
a squeeking noise could well be a wheel bearing.

Its under warranty though. So why bother asking on a forum. Go straight down to the citroen dealer and yell at them till they sort it. Problem solved
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (64)
29.63%
No - I got the required grades (123)
56.94%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (29)
13.43%

Watched Threads