Ranmoor House Watch

This discussion is closed.
pintsize
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
actually i might have a picture when i was cleaning all my stuff out im sure i took a photo , il have a look an get back you
bricktops
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
when do we start, is it the 17th or 18th
Guitarmarama
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by bricktops)
when do we start, is it the 17th or 18th
either. Ranmoor contract begins on 17th, but you can turn up on 18th and register.

However, they recommend people going on 17th, because most go on 18th and apparently it's a right pain for parking at Firth Hall (for picking up your registration form). I heard that in previous years, at the peak on a Sunday they have about 4000 cars to deal with, which doesn't sound healthy, hence I'm getting there about 10am on the morning of the 17th.
bricktops
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Guitarmarama)
either. Ranmoor contract begins on 17th, but you can turn up on 18th and register.

However, they recommend people going on 17th, because most go on 18th and apparently it's a right pain for parking at Firth Hall (for picking up your registration form). I heard that in previous years, at the peak on a Sunday they have about 4000 cars to deal with, which doesn't sound healthy, hence I'm getting there about 10am on the morning of the 17th.
wicked, but on one of the forms it said to arrive bettween 4pm- 6pm
Guitarmarama
Rep:
?
(Original post by bricktops)
wicked, but on one of the forms it said to arrive bettween 4pm- 6pm
Picking up registration packs is 9.30 until 6.00 from Firth Hall, says so in the booklet, so I'm assuming we can turn up at Ranmoor between those times too!
Philosophia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
UPDATE: I've got en suite at Ranmoor! Great stuff!!
Chrism
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Beekeeper)
Oh good, don't they notice you all strolling in holding mini fridges though??

hehe, and what societies are you in at Sheffield Chrism? I really hope to see you around!
It's more that the porters and cleaning staff really can't be arsed complaining to dozens if not hundreds of people with them, and most of the staff don't care really.

I'm in CF, the debating society, Film Unit and for some reason the Salsa and Merengue society though I'm really not that good.
Guitarmarama
Rep:
?
(Original post by Philosophia)
UPDATE: I've got en suite at Ranmoor! Great stuff!!
woah how the hell did you do that? that's alright!
Beekeeper
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Chrism)
It's more that the porters and cleaning staff really can't be arsed complaining to dozens if not hundreds of people with them, and most of the staff don't care really.

I'm in CF, the debating society, Film Unit and for some reason the Salsa and Merengue society though I'm really not that good.
Oh wow great, i'll be joining CF, politics and the debating society when I get there, I assume theres formals every now and again?
xXMessedUpXx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's not really worth the 2.5hour train journey each way now that theres only 10 days to go until i'll actually be there lol.

*crosses fingers*

I'll be happy as long as i've got a big-ish window, and enough space to sit on my chair and stick my legs out with enough space to swirl around in a circle

Oh and somewhere to put a mini fridge and a kettle... these are allowed, right?
lol sorry i keep forgetting not everyone lives about 50 mins away from sheffield
Philosophia
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
woah how the hell did you do that? that's alright!
I know! I think it's because my offer with Sheffield was unconditional, which I didn't know until a few weeks ago! :eek:
Guitarmarama
Rep:
?
(Original post by Philosophia)
I know! I think it's because my offer with Sheffield was unconditional, which I didn't know until a few weeks ago! :eek:
so you're 19 then? I'm assuming it can only be unconditional if you left college in 2004, because you'll have already have your results when you apply... does that make sense?
Philosophia
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
so you're 19 then? I'm assuming it can only be unconditional if you left college in 2004, because you'll have already have your results when you apply... does that make sense?
No I'm 18 - 27/01/87 is my birthdate...I'm confuzzled! Oh well!
Beekeeper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've just had a thought, If Ranmoor is getting demolished once were gone, they probably won't be bothered about looking after the walls so much will they? Just i've got a rather large stars and stripes banner i'd like to pin to the wall to cover it up....
Beekeeper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hehe just been to get my "housewarming" stuff: 8 bottles of j20, 10 Bud's and a box of roses

Oooh still need to get some coffee...
birchy2001
Report 13 years ago
i really hope the rooms are better than they look on that picture!!!!!!!!!!??
Chrism
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hehe just been to get my "housewarming" stuff: 8 bottles of j20, 10 Bud's and a box of roses

Oooh still need to get some coffee...
For a brief moment when first reading that, I had this vision of you handing out flowers to guests before I finally cottoned on.
cjoc28
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Chrism)
For a brief moment when first reading that, I had this vision of you handing out flowers to guests before I finally cottoned on.
oh my god me too... i was thinking why would you bring roses. man im dumb.
anirose
Report 13 years ago
hey are we supposed to arrive at a specific time or are we all just turning up on sat or sun when we feel like it? In some unis apparently they have been given time slots in which to arrive to speed things up :confused:
just curious as i would hate to turn up early and have to sit there for ages
Guitarmarama
Rep:
?
(Original post by anirose)
hey are we supposed to arrive at a specific time or are we all just turning up on sat or sun when we feel like it? In some unis apparently they have been given time slots in which to arrive to speed things up :confused:
just curious as i would hate to turn up early and have to sit there for ages
well i aint heard anything so i'm just turning up about 10.30 at ranmoor on saturday.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (186)
18.98%
No (590)
60.2%
Not really bothered about them (204)
20.82%

Watched Threads