neildm
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
blank
crana
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hiya
just saying hi I'm rosie and I'm going to pembroke too (grades permitting ) if any other pembrokers (pembians?) want to get in touch PM me

love Rosie
neildm
This threads going well! Rosie, I think we'll possibly be called 'Pembrokians'? Okay, I'll start: 3As and a B (math, further maths, physics and econ) and the B had to be in econ. I did get 4 As in June, along with a D in AS-level French (shhh, the shame!) and have my place confirmed for 2004.
My hobbies? (did you not ask??) I try to play the guitar, and sing, sometimes at the same time. Most people don't like that - in fact, some people get quite offended by it. I still persist in the privacy of my room with this image of me being a massive star like, Eric Clapton or someone, on stage, playing the guitar, and singing. Enough rambling, I'll be off now, bye. But wait, I didn't tell you my actualy hobbies. They vary over time but I'm reading a lot over this gap year. Read Catcher in the Rye yesterday, what a book! Loved it!! I recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it before. I like lots of things basically, and I applaud you for having nothing else to do like me if you've read this far. I'll go...
crana
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Dont you think "Pembrokians" is kinda cumbersome tho? 4 syllables, if my GCSE english holds up..

I prefer Pemmers. Or Pemmies. does sound a bit like Pammy tho. and Pembians just sounds kinda cute. Brokers (as in "bruckers")? sounds a but like american football team? Or how about just Pems?

It can't be much worse than "Caians" for Gonville& Cauis which is in the prospectus..

What do you call some of the people at other colleges tho?

Oh her.. She's a Queen?

What - him? Oh yeah, He's Jesus!

........?

Love Rosie xx
neildm
Queensians? Wolves? Newnhamites? Johnsians?
I dunno about people from Jesus. I guess they stay in college so people don't have anything to call them.
Pembians???? CUTE?!?
Brookses, maybe... But Pembrokians sounds right, though like you said cumbersome. Be thankful we don't have to call people Pembrokians when we get there. Could just say 's/hes from my college'

My best friends going to Queens btw, for engineering too, so I can't make too much fun of the queens...
crana
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by neildm)
Queensians? Wolves? Newnhamites? Johnsians?
I dunno about people from Jesus. I guess they stay in college so people don't have anything to call them.
Pembians???? CUTE?!?
Brookses, maybe... But Pembrokians sounds right, though like you said cumbersome. Be thankful we don't have to call people Pembrokians when we get there. Could just say 's/hes from my college'

My best friends going to Queens btw, for engineering too, so I can't make too much fun of the queens...
What's wrong with just Johns? I guess it sounds a bit pervy though.. Does cambridge have a red light district? (or more of a blue stocking district..?) ahh im so ignorant.

Pembians is cute. it sounds a bit like.. erm... i dunno , but it sounds cute to me. Yeah, we can say that... but what if SOMEONE DOESNT KNOW WHAT COLLEGE WE GO TO! We would have to say, well, we are pembrians. Or whatever. (It wouldnt do to say Im from Pembroke. that would spoil it)

Queens and Kings... its quite nice, really. and Emmas. shame if youre a bloke but never mind. Johns & Joannas? might get confusing if your name really was John or Joanna though.

By the way, where is pembrokeshire? is it in wales?

love

Rosie
Pemgirl
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hi, there. I got a place at Pembroke too, for PPE. I need to accept or reject it in 18 days or so. Of course, I'd love to go, but I'm really worried about the costs. See, I'm from China, not eligible for most of the funds or grants available, plus, they say that Pembroke is really poor... What would you friends suggest? What about part-time work chance over there? Umm... Is LSE more worth going?
Ralfskini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pemgirl)
Hi, there. I got a place at Pembroke too, for PPE. I need to accept or reject it in 18 days or so. Of course, I'd love to go, but I'm really worried about the costs. See, I'm from China, not eligible for most of the funds or grants available, plus, they say that Pembroke is really poor... What would you friends suggest? What about part-time work chance over there? Umm... Is LSE more worth going?

Wrong university.
Pemgirl
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ralfskini)
Wrong university.
What do you mean by "wrong university"?
Tek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pemgirl)
What do you mean by "wrong university"?
Oxford. This is a Cambridge thread, as set out in its title.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by crana)
Dont you think "Pembrokians" is kinda cumbersome tho? 4 syllables, if my GCSE english holds up..

I prefer Pemmers. Or Pemmies. does sound a bit like Pammy tho. and Pembians just sounds kinda cute. Brokers (as in "bruckers")? sounds a but like american football team? Or how about just Pems?

It can't be much worse than "Caians" for Gonville& Cauis which is in the prospectus..

What do you call some of the people at other colleges tho?

Oh her.. She's a Queen?

What - him? Oh yeah, He's Jesus!

........?

Love Rosie xx
i think jesus college people are called jesuans??? dont ask me where i got that from...but i jus heard it somewhere.
sanders
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'd like to hear more about Pembroke, especially the MCR (or rather 'graduate parlour') and the accommodation for graduates. Does anyone have any photos?
oldthrashbarg
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
i think jesus college people are called jesuans??? dont ask me where i got that from...but i jus heard it somewhere.
Jesuits possibly?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (443)
59.07%
Yes- I don't like it (41)