TSR Stalkers Watch

Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SamTheMan)
A proposition is a proposition...
Where the aspect of one's demeanour is likened best to that of certain, less than prepossessing, Greek philosophers; I guess you are right. :rolleyes:
foxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No, you based your claim that you would succeed in getting the 3rd biggest number of votes, on the fact you're good-looking.
In that case, I retract my claim, and blame the alcohol consumed that very night. I was being arrogant.
SamTheMan
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
Where the aspect of one's demeanour is likened best to that of certain, less-than prepossessing, Greek philosophers; I guess you are right. :rolleyes:
why would you want to prepossess Greek philisophers? Watch out... don't start using words like forte and spelling them wrong.
SamTheMan
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by foxo)
In that case, I retract my claim, and blame the alcohol consumed that very night. I was being arrogant.
you should. Unless you want to send a photo...
foxo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Where the aspect of one's demeanour is likened best to that of certain, less-than prepossessing, Greek philosophers; I guess you are right. :rolleyes:
Well, I've been likened to Napoleon Bonaparte, who was known to have possessed an inch long penis. You're one up from me.
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
why would you want to prepossess Greek philisophers? Watch out... don't start using words like forte and spelling them wrong.
F.Y.I.

Watch out: I'd rather not find myself compelled to use words like 'egregious', either.
SamTheMan
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
F.Y.I.

Watch out: I'd rather not find myself compelled to use words like 'egregious', either.
I know what prepossess means but in your sentence it seemed a bit like you were using prepossessing as a verb in a strange manner. I got it afterwards that you were using it as an adjective.

The hypen between less and than was confusing... shouldn't it have been less-than-prepossessing ?
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by foxo)
Well, I've been likened to Napoleon Bonaparte, who was known to have possessed an inch long penis. You're one up from me.
At least six 'up', if that comparison has any foundation in reality.

(Sorry: I would appear to have left my inhibitions in the 'penis debate' thread.)
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I know what prepossess means but in your sentence it seemed a bit like you were using prepossessing as a verb in a strange manner. I got it afterwards that you were using it as an adjective.

The hypen between less and than was confusing... shouldn't it have been less-than-prepossessing ?
On reflection, the hyphenation was superfluous; although I fail to see how any alternative meaning could possibly be inferred, given its context.
SamTheMan
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
On reflection, the hyphenation was superfluous; although I fail to see how any alternative meaning could possibly be inferred, in any case.
I was wondering if you meant "instead of prepossessing" as in "instead of pleasing Greek philosophers". Nevermind. I got confused.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (295)
26.06%
Yes - they're famous (288)
25.44%
No I don't (549)
48.5%

Watched Threads