This discussion is closed.
babyblueeyes
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
i have a boyfriend who is 35 and im 21, im a bit worried about the age difference,is it too big a gap!!! some one help me!
prince_capri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by babyblueeyes)
i have a boyfriend who is 35 and im 21, im a bit worried about the age difference,is it too big a gap!!! some one help me!
well i frankly think it is.....but really u better get some other advice too..........
babyblueeyes
(Original post by prince_capri)
well i frankly think it is.....but really u better get some other advice too..........
What other advice? :confused:
prince_capri
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What other advice? :confused:
i mean from some other ppl, since i do not really know as to how things work here !!!
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well my mate is 17 and her boyf is 38. no-one seems to have a problem (any more at least) though coz she got with him at 15 and 2 and a half yrs later they r still goin strong
B00kwOrm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, where is your problem? If you both love each other and get on well with each other, then who cares about the age gap? Don't listen to what other people say. I know a woman who's husband is thirthy years older than she is. That would give me something to worry about. Because of their children. Compared with that, you're fine. Don't worry about it.
LimpNoodle
Report 16 years ago
age is just a number, and he aint gonna get done for bein a pedo!
prince_capri
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well i think that they all give a fair point !!!
babyblueeyes
(Original post by B00kwOrm)
Well, where is your problem? If you both love each other and get on well with each other, then who cares about the age gap? Don't listen to what other people say. I know a woman who's husband is thirthy years older than she is. That would give me something to worry about. Because of their children. Compared with that, you're fine. Don't worry about it.
i do love him alot, but alot of my friends are the same age as me and for me to be the only one to be with an older guy is shocking to them,i mentioned that one day i'd love to have a baby and they all turned round in horror and said that he will practically be a grandad by the time he/she is 18..and that he wont be able to be a proper dad..comments like that make you think about your future together!
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think it's fine: at 21 you're surely old enough to make your own decisions. A few years ago it might not have been so fine - but you're an adult, it's your life. Age doesn't mean much really. I know a 30 year old who regularly gets ID'd and acts as though he were about 18 too..
prince_capri
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i do love him alot, but alot of my friends are the same age as me and for me to be the only one to be with an older guy is shocking to them,i mentioned that one day i'd love to have a baby and they all turned round in horror and said that he will practically be a grandad by the time he/she is 18..and that he wont be able to be a proper dad..comments like that make you think about your future together!
since u cannot possibly ignore them ......try to live up to what they say........and i am sure that after some time, everything will go back to the place where everything sounds completely perfect !!!
All the best anyway !!!
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
im 17 and my dad is 65! hes a gud dad n always has bin!!!!
feebs
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i think it's fine...as long as you're happy and he treats you good!!
age isn't important except in extreme circumstances and whan it's just sick!!
babyblueeyes
(Original post by lumpycustard)
im 17 and my dad is 65! hes a gud dad n always has bin!!!!
really!!! aaaww bless, how olds your mum?
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Shouldn't be a problem in my opinion, however you have to live with the fact that he will get false teeth before you do
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
really!!! aaaww bless, how olds your mum?
mums 54. they had kids in previous marriages, and then wen they got together at around 35 and 46 they decided to start tryin 4 a baby. and got meee!
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
thats to big darling...if it gets serious, and you get married someday, you'll be be 25 and he'll be 40.....i dont think you want a 40 yr. old boyfriend when your 25......
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
thats to big darling...if it gets serious, and you get married someday, you'll be be 25 and he'll be 40.....i dont think you want a 40 yr. old boyfriend when your 25......

Depends on the person surely? On BOTH sides.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No it isn't. Don't listen to a word people say otherwise. Your only danger is that the gap is there, and you may see things differently to your boyfriend in a few years time. Besides, can you honestly tell me that you constantly see him as a 35yr old? I'm willing to bet that you actually have to remind yourself he is 35 at times. Don't break up with someone just because of a few years difference.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
No it isn't. Don't listen to a word people say otherwise. Your only danger is that the gap is there, and you may see things differently to your boyfriend in a few years time. Besides, can you honestly tell me that you constantly see him as a 35yr old? I'm willing to bet that you actually have to remind yourself he is 35 at times. Don't break up with someone just because of a few years difference.
yeah but thats a huge age difference, he could be a sexual predator!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (529)
66.71%
No (264)
33.29%

Watched Threads