This discussion is closed.
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
yeah but thats a huge age difference, he could be a sexual predator!
She's 21 - surely old enough to take care of herself?
babyblueeyes
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)
mums 54. they had kids in previous marriages, and then wen they got together at around 35 and 46 they decided to start tryin 4 a baby. and got meee!
aww thats really sweet!! my bloke acts like a 28 year old more than 35..but we do get on really well,we havent had one proper arguement yet which is great in my books,and he told me the other day that he wants to marry me and settle down with me in the future,kinda scared me but i felt relieved cos i always thought that he still loved his ex because he was with her for 7 years..
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
yeah but thats a huge age difference, he could be a sexual predator!
curry. I'm speaking from actual experience. I'm 22 and my girlfriend is 35. That is considered a lot worse because I'm male and the younger party, but I managed to get over all that a long time ago. Age is virtually nothing. Once we reach about 20, we're big enough, and ugly enough to look after ourselves and make our own judgements. I just don't think this girl should leave the guy because of age alone.
babyblueeyes
(Original post by Sire)
curry. I'm speaking from actual experience. I'm 22 and my girlfriend is 35. That is considered a lot worse because I'm male and the younger party, but I managed to get over all that a long time ago. Age is virtually nothing. Once we reach about 20, we're big enough, and ugly enough to look after ourselves and make our own judgements. I just don't think this girl should leave the guy because of age alone.
i agree with you sire.. although alot of people may be against this relationship i truly love him and i will stay with him and if we are meant to be together then let it be,if not then i will be hurt but you move on dont you!!
B00kwOrm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by babyblueeyes)
i do love him alot, but alot of my friends are the same age as me and for me to be the only one to be with an older guy is shocking to them,i mentioned that one day i'd love to have a baby and they all turned round in horror and said that he will practically be a grandad by the time he/she is 18..and that he wont be able to be a proper dad..comments like that make you think about your future together!
I'm sorry if this sounds harsh to you, but then your friends are bunch of retards and might want to think about talking to people who make more sense rather than thinking of breaking up with your boyfriend. Since when does age have anything to do with being a good parent?!? :confused: That depends on personality, rather than age. Him being a grandad when your child will be 18- bull! He will not be too old, my parents are older then most of my friends parents, so what, at least they're not going to divorce, they don't yell in each other's face and stuff like that. It's better to wait a bit before you have children, and the fact that he's older is, if anything, a bonus in my opinion. Again, if you think he's right for you, then tell your friends so and tell them to shut up. Friends like that are not helping you.
babyblueeyes
(Original post by B00kwOrm)
I'm sorry if this sounds harsh to you, but then your friends are bunch of retards and might want to think about talking to people who make more sense rather than thinking of breaking up with your boyfriend. Since when does age have anything to do with being a good parent?!? :confused: That depends on personality, rather than age. Him being a grandad when your child will be 18- bull! He will not be too old, my parents are older then most of my friends parents, so what, at least they're not going to divorce, they don't yell in each other's face and stuff like that. It's better to wait a bit before you have children, and the fact that he's older is, if anything, a bonus in my opinion. Again, if you think he's right for you, then tell your friends so and tell them to shut up. Friends like that are not helping you.
thanks alot, you have made me fell alot better about the situation..maybe my firends are a little envious of the relationship..i have an mature man who looks after me,has let me move in his house with him and takes me for days out in the car..buys me things and takes me on nights out,isnt that what every girl wants in a bloke?
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i agree with you sire.. although alot of people may be against this relationship i truly love him and i will stay with him and if we are meant to be together then let it be,if not then i will be hurt but you move on dont you!!
Being hurt is part of loving. You get used to it.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)
well my mate is 17 and her boyf is 38. no-one seems to have a problem (any more at least) though coz she got with him at 15 and 2 and a half yrs later they r still goin strong
So a 36 year old bloke picked up a 15 year old girl?

My sister is 16 and I would have MAJOR issues if someone much over 25 started going out with her.
babyblueeyes
(Original post by Mark_KK)
So a 36 year old bloke picked up a 15 year old girl?

My sister is 16 and I would have MAJOR issues if someone much over 25 started going out with her.
i dont think you can choose who you fall in love with!
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
thanks alot, you have made me fell alot better about the situation..maybe my firends are a little envious of the relationship..i have an mature man who looks after me,has let me move in his house with him and takes me for days out in the car..buys me things and takes me on nights out,isnt that what every girl wants in a bloke?
yeah, don't listen to your friends. My friends all advised me to leave my g/f when I first started seeing her, but after a few months they began to understand a few thing. One of them is now going out with a woman 4 years older than him, which is a big change from only going out with women who had to be younger than he was.
deadflower1984
Report 16 years ago
Hugh Grant is 43, I'm 19 and we're engaged (I wish )
B00kwOrm
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I wouldn't know... I'm a bloke!! But thanks for saying that anyway, now I now what girls are looking for If I were a girl I guess I'd be envious, too

Hope you don't just love him because of the house, the car and the presents Although it's true that one advantage older men have is money, cars, houses.
xAngelx
Report 16 years ago
i have a boyfriend who is 35 and im 21, im a bit worried about the age difference,is it too big a gap!!! some one help me!

dont worry chuck it doesn't matter the age, anyways i've seen him and i think he looks like he's in his 20's he hasn't got grey hair yet has he hehehe
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i dont think you can choose who you fall in love with!
I am not talking about falling in love. I would quite simply question the true motives of anyone over 25 who shows interest in a girl who is 16. This is before we get to the lovey dovey marriage/kids stage.

At 16 whilst they may be in an adults body most people are still very much children and they are very open to being exploited by older people.

One major problem we have today is young adults are given too much too quickly. They go out there thinking that they know it all and it usually ends in tears.

My sister left home at 15 and decided to setup home with her boyfriends (20 something) family. This family had several children already and over time it became clear that they were just exploiting her for cash that my parents were giving them for her upkeep. We also strongly suspect that they got her involved in drugs, underage sex and drinking. We know for a fact that she took up smoking (most of them were heavy smokers).

There was absolutley nothing the Police or social services could do as she was "safe and well" and removing her from this environment would be "against her wishes". This is despite the fact that my parents were supposably responsible for her until she was 16 and were legally bound to contribute to her upkeep. The police would not even tell us where she was and if it was not for my sister wishing for the information to be disclosed she could have lived there in complete secrecy.

I know that the above looks like a long rant that has nothing to do with the original subject but there are dangers of young people (mainly girls) getting involved with considerably older men.

I hate to think what would happen if she fell pregnant...
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I would just like to point out that the above is not intended to "get at" anybody. It is just my experiences of seeing a young girl involved with an "older man".
babyblueeyes
(Original post by B00kwOrm)
I wouldn't know... I'm a bloke!! But thanks for saying that anyway, now I now what girls are looking for If I were a girl I guess I'd be envious, too

Hope you don't just love him because of the house, the car and the presents Although it's true that one advantage older men have is money, cars, houses.
nnooooo!! my bloke got caught drink driving in may last year and he nearly lost everything,his car,his job,his home and he luckily didnt get banned,but cos i stayed with him and supported him through he realsied that he wanted him only and nothing else
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
oh my god........*gasp* i cannot believe that.....wow laughing stock of the city!
tigerlily
Report 16 years ago
I don't think that original age difference is a prob. However, I do not think that a 15 year old girl should be going out with a 36 year old man. The youngest partner should be old enough to know what they are doing. I have a 17 year old friend who went out with 35 year old man. To be honest it made me uncomfortable, if they were 21 and 39 I would have been fine. But this man had a child which did make things difficult and a long-term girlfriend. It is generally easier to go out with someone the same age as you, but you can't love someone cos it is convenient!
xAngelx
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by tigerlily)
I don't think that original age difference is a prob. However, I do not think that a 15 year old girl should be going out with a 36 year old man. The youngest partner should be old enough to know what they are doing. I have a 17 year old friend who went out with 35 year old man. To be honest it made me uncomfortable, if they were 21 and 39 I would have been fine. But this man had a child which did make things difficult and a long-term girlfriend. It is generally easier to go out with someone the same age as you, but you can't love someone cos it is convenient!

i'm 19 and i went out with a 18 year old and he is the most childish piece of **** i've been with he doesn't know how to treat a woman so its better that you go with older men cos least they know how to treat women
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by tigerlily)

I can second all of that.

When I was at school a 17 year old girl in my year had a 35 year old boyfriend. This caused all sorts of comment when he used to drop her off at school the classic joke being was that your uncle or your boyfriend.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads