Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B00kwOrm)
    Lucky you! It would make more sense for me to explain what the internet is to a dog then try to make my parents understand internet forums. Well, you can't expect too much, can you? Gosh, I was glad when my mum finally learnt to check e-mails by herself when I was away *sigh*

Cheers for the thread.

*chuckles* Try teaching them about DVD Roms and CD Burners. thats worth a PhD. any day lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babyblueeyes)
    i have a boyfriend who is 35 and im 21, im a bit worried about the age difference,is it too big a gap!!! some one help me!
    I think its fine as long as you know what ur future entails. As you said he wants to marry you and start a family in the future. What you have to find out is how near that future is and if u r truly ready for that or whether u r goin along with it coz u love him.
    I believe as long as u r both ready at the same time you will b fine.
    Also did u post this question so people could talk u out of it or talk u in to stayin wid him? Eitheir way u were certainly not sure bout ur future with him.
    But what do I know I'm only 17.
    Good Luck in your decision making.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    *chuckles* Try teaching them about DVD Roms and CD Burners. thats worth a PhD. any day lol
    :rolleyes: Yes... *ahem* They've just about learnt what a CD is and they're aware of the existence of DVDs. But have never held one in their hands nor do they know how to play one. *very long sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nai_nai)
    I think its fine as long as you know what ur future entails. As you said he wants to marry you and start a family in the future. What you have to find out is how near that future is and if u r truly ready for that or whether u r goin along with it coz u love him.
    I believe as long as u r both ready at the same time you will b fine.
    Also did u post this question so people could talk u out of it or talk u in to stayin wid him? Eitheir way u were certainly not sure bout ur future with him.
    But what do I know I'm only 17.
    Good Luck in your decision making.
    staying with him..only 17..im 21..feel old now!!

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: Yes... *ahem* They've just about learnt what a CD is and they're aware of the existence of DVDs. But have never held one in their hands nor do they know how to play one. *very long sigh*
    Enjoy it while it lasts lol. Pretty soon you'll get a little comfortable where you are, and they'll know more than you again.

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be worse if you were both a few years younger but the gap was the same. As you get older the maturity gap doesnt seem as big. My friend is 24 and her boyf is 39 and they seem fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Enjoy it while it lasts lol. Pretty soon you'll get a little comfortable where you are, and they'll know more than you again.
    Well, there's not much to be enjoyed to be honest and I don't think they'll ever know more than I do in that respect. Unless they become internet freaks after their retirement!!! Rofwl!!! That would be soooo funny. Very unlikely though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    I think it would be worse if you were both a few years younger but the gap was the same. As you get older the maturity gap doesnt seem as big. My friend is 24 and her boyf is 39 and they seem fine.
    im happy with him,i was just paranoid about the future thats all,

ReputationRep:
    im happy with him,i was just paranoid about the future thats all,
    The future is a very important thing to consider. Such as your plans for life. Is he already pursuing a career? Will your career goals take you further away from him etc. Just remember to talk a little more than most couples and you'll go far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    The future is a very important thing to consider. Such as your plans for life. Is he already pursuing a career? Will your career goals take you further away from him etc. Just remember to talk a little more than most couples and you'll go far.
    we do talk,sometimes i tend to hold things back becos im scared of his reaction..

ReputationRep:
    we do talk,sometimes i tend to hold things back becos im scared of his reaction..
    I'm not an expert on relationship (having never had one myself). One thing I've learnt from my parents is: never hold something back. Always discuss it. If you need to argue with him argue. He'll fight back. Don't hurt each other, though, stay with the topic and stick it out until you've reached some kind of compromise. I know this is difficult and sounds paradoxal, but it has worked for my parents for more than 20 years.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not an expert on relationship (having never had one myself). One thing I've learnt from my parents is: never hold something back. Always discuss it. If you need to argue with him argue. He'll fight back. Don't hurt each other, though, stay with the topic and stick it out until you've reached some kind of compromise. I know this is difficult and sounds paradoxal, but it has worked for my parents for more than 20 years.
    It is perfect. Just remember to kiss and make up at the end. If his reaction bothers you, kiss him a few times or something. State that you want things to work during a fight, and never lose your temper.

ReputationRep:
    thats not a bad piece of advice you've given there!! how are old are you if you dont mind me asking?..for someone who says hasnt had a relationship(?) you are very good in giving good advice

ReputationRep:
    thats not a bad piece of advice you've given there!! how are old are you if you dont mind me asking?..for someone who says hasnt had a relationship(?) you are very good in giving good advice
    ahhhhhh......well done job!!
    Well caught !!!

ReputationRep:
    *blushes* Thanks, I try my best... I'm 19. There we are, now everyone knows I'm 19 and have never had a girlfriend Oh well...

Glad I can help you. I usually get fed up with all these meaningless relationship threads (some of them are fake). But you seemed genuinely worried over what I thought were peanuts. So I thought I'd tell you

As I said, my parents gave me that advice, it has helped them for twenty years and I can see it working very often. They were relatively old when they met and had had relationship before, I guess that helped as well.

Hope all works out well for you.

ReputationRep:
    *blushes* Thanks, I try my best... I'm 19. There we are, now everyone knows I'm 19 and have never had a girlfriend Oh well...

Glad I can help you. I usually get fed up with all these meaningless relationship threads (some of them are fake). But you seemed genuinely worried over what I thought were peanuts. So I thought I'd tell you

As I said, my parents gave me that advice, it has helped them for twenty years and I can see it working very often. They were relatively old when they met and had had relationship before, I guess that helped as well.

Hope all works out well for you.

thanks alot..i will try my hardest at keeping this relationship going..im very happy with him though

ReputationRep:
    i have a boyfriend who is 35 and im 21, im a bit worried about the age difference,is it too big a gap!!! some one help me!
    My ex partner is 13 years older than I am, I was 18 when we met he was 31, we have 2 children together, so as far as Im concerned the age gap is irrelevant, what counts is how you feel about each other. If you are happy sod anyone else, because you both are the 2 that counts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DevilsDoor)
    My ex partner is 13 years older than I am, I was 18 when we met he was 31, we have 2 children together, so as far as Im concerned the age gap is irrelevant, what counts is how you feel about each other. If you are happy sod anyone else, because you both are the 2 that counts.
    how long was it before you had kids together,i mean how long was you dating before you fell pregnant?

ReputationRep:
    how long was it before you had kids together,i mean how long was you dating before you fell pregnant?
    I was 24 when my daughter was born and 27 when my son was born, so 6 and 9 years approx, respectively, we were also engaged, although things didnt work out as I hoped, hence him now being the ex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DevilsDoor)
    I was 24 when my daughter was born and 27 when my son was born, so 6 and 9 years approx, respectively, we were also engaged, although things didnt work out as I hoped, hence him now being the ex.
    im sorry,what happend?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.