Does writing notes to examiner on exams actually affect your grade?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
mikoe
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Good or bad notes?

Like have you ever written anything rude to the examiner and you've failed?

Or vice-versa?
skunky x
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 12 years ago
My history teacher is an examiner and they will report you and disqualify you from all your exams if you write something hugely offensive.

She once marked someone who in their General Studies exam had written a big long anti-semitic, homophobic, racist essay as an answer. He was disqualified from all exams =]
Threepigs
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Well, I drew a man crying next to a maths question that I couldn't answer.
Strawberrycayk
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
I always write something random or funny at the end of my exams,
I wrote down something about the invigilator having a huge arse at the end of my GCSE english exam... I think that's why I got a B >.<

Whether that made my grade go up or down... I just don't know :cry2:
JW92
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
There are a glut of threads posted by neurotic students wondering if drawing a smiley face on their exam will result in all their exams being cancelled. Short answer: probably not.
Isabobble
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Well I wrote notes in my maths exam today wherever I couldn't reach a final answer, explaining the theory behind it and what I would have done if I wasn't being such a dunce... and I also left a note at the end of my paper saying something like "Argh, this is the hardest paper I've seen and I did all the past papers twice, please be nice ".

Haha, probably will have no effect at all, at least it's not offensive though. We'll see :teehee:...
Muffin.
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
I wrote 'out of time!' on one of my exams. Will let you know in August if I failed it
jhines
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
My history teacher said if you are running out of time in an exam, write a few notes showing which direction the essay was going or how you would conclude. Apparently this could gain you an extra one or two marks. Not sure how true it is though, as my history teacher comes up with a load of bull****. He even claims to be blind in one eye and deaf in one ear
Muffin.
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Isabobble)
Well I wrote notes in my maths exam today wherever I couldn't reach a final answer, explaining the theory behind it and what I would have done if I wasn't being such a dunce... and I also left a note at the end of my paper saying something like "Argh, this is the hardest paper I've seen and I did all the past papers twice, please be nice ".

Haha, probably will have no effect at all, at least it's not offensive though. We'll see :teehee:...
Lol what exam was that?
mikoe
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
i had ages at the end of my german as retake and i drew some sexy eyes with an arrow saying 'augen, ja?' - im a reb like that.
sylarfangirl
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
I always write "I'm really sorry for the atrocious handwriting!" or something similar in mine because it looks like chicken scratch.
Isabobble
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Muffin.)
Lol what exam was that?
OCR MEI FP2 lol, it seemed to be quite different to all the papers from the past 5 years, and there were a couple of really weird questions! I had a panic halfway through where I thought I'd never finish and I would get everything wrong. Missed out like 7 marks in the end. Just annoying as I was feeling pretty good about this exam beforehand :rolleyes:!
jakkowakko123
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
In my AS English Literature exam last summer, I really needed the toilet 5 minutes before the end of the exam. So I asked to go to the toilet - rushed frantically to the toilet - had 2 minutes left - rushed the conclusion: and wrote on my paper

'sorry for the awful conclusion - i really needed the toilet '
cmhcgs815
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
A boy in my school swore in an exam paper, basically wrote how f****** s*** the exam was etc.
He didn't get marked down for it BUT the examiner complained to our school and he got in a load of trouble
Fat-Love
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
meh, this is what my brother wrote for one of his biology A level exams as to what a woman should do if they're suffering from pressure in their ears at high altitudes.

"the woman should proceed to swallow air or food as the act of swallowing will unplug her eustachian tubes. Alternatively the woman could engage in oral sex with another man as this will be 'killing two birds with one stone'. "

They didn't disqualify him from his exam but they sent a warning letter telling him if he does that again he will be disqualified from all future exams with that board. (he still got 90+ percent).

He photocopied the letter and put it on facebook. I'll try get my hands on a copy of it and post it up.
Installation
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by skunky x)
My history teacher is an examiner and they will report you and disqualify you from all your exams if you write something hugely offensive.

She once marked someone who in their General Studies exam had written a big long anti-semitic, homophobic, racist essay as an answer. He was disqualified from all exams =]
I see free speech lives.
TheProdigy2k9
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
my mate in the year below was the only girl in her graphics class. she wrote on the exam at the end i'm sorry i don't know anything but i was the only girl in my class and i hated it. she only answered the first half of the exam and left the rest. she got an A*
Maxine_johson
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Hello examminer lol
skunky x
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Installation)
I see free speech lives.
In this respect, no, it's dead.
theojohn4
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
I wrote in my Maths exam last January that he should give me an A when i was older because I was going to be special and become lots of things like ninjas/astronaguht/president of USA etc. I got a D.
This time i drew a picture of an elated punk-rocker, and a sad chicken enthusiast, next to a picture of a dead chicken.
I believe i will be marked up for these.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (14)
28%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (21)
42%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
4%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
4%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
8%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
12%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2%

Watched Threads