This cannot be correct, or can it? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I have just been checking the Edexcel website for the dates of my summer examinations and it appears that for "English Language" I have two exams followed by a break of 3 weeks when two more are taken followed by a break of a week when my final exam is sat.

Er..talk about dragging the process out! To add to it all my Government And Politics exams start about four days after the English ends and I have all my exams in the space of two days.

Anyone else seem to think that the above is abit strange?
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
I have just been checking the Edexcel website for the dates of my summer examinations and it appears that for "English Language" I have two exams followed by a break of 3 weeks when two more are taken followed by a break of a week when my final exam is sat.

Er..talk about dragging the process out! To add to it all my Government And Politics exams start about four days after the English ends and I have all my exams in the space of two days.

Anyone else seem to think that the above is abit strange?
i wouldn't be suprised, im my painfull edexcel experience, they have a habbit of ignoring students and doing what ever they like.
prince_capri
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
i wouldn't be suprised, im my painfull edexcel experience, they have a habbit of ignoring students and doing what ever they like.
u make a good point !!!
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
Hence the nickname 'Hell Excell'. I am so glad I have the OCR board for my maths and AQA for my Business.
Kalypso
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Hence the nickname 'Hell Excell'.
or Edexhell

Exam timetables seem to be a complete lottery - last year I had all my exams for 4 A2s crammed into under a week and a half right at the beginning of the exam period. I think that was probably the only period in my life so far when I may actually have considered killing for more revision time!
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by grey faerie)
or Edexhell

Exam timetables seem to be a complete lottery - last year I had all my exams for 4 A2s crammed into under a week and a half right at the beginning of the exam period. I think that was probably the only period in my life so far when I may actually have considered killing for more revision time!
exams are tough and drawn out...hate exam week....seriously sucks.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by grey faerie)
or Edexhell

I had 9 crammed into a single week, and most of the times I finished one exam and went onto the next with a five minute break in between!!! What is ridiculous is if you needed a bathroom break, it used up your valuable time. Stupido!!!!!!!!
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I had 9 crammed into a single week, and most of the times I finished one exam and went onto the next with a five minute break in between!!! What is ridiculous is if you needed a bathroom break, it used up your valuable time. Stupido!!!!!!!!
ive had 8 in a single week, but ever nine, and we onlt had 2 exams a day.....so it worked out that we had 2 free periods the days we didnt have exams scheduled....
Kalypso
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol, yeh, I know what you mean! It sucked that also a lot of mine were clash exams, so when I wasn't doing an exam I had to be supervised!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Could be worse - at uni I regularly (ie at least once a semester) had an exam on a saturday - usually in the morning too
tigerlily
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
I know someone who did 6 exams in one day in the summer - it took like 9 hours, and I complained cos I had 4 exams one day. This is generally unrelated but why oh why do they always put my chemistry exams on the same day as my history exams!
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by tigerlily)
I know someone who did 6 exams in one day in the summer - it took like 9 hours, and I complained cos I had 4 exams one day. This is generally unrelated but why oh why do they always put my chemistry exams on the same day as my history exams!
while we're on the subject

http://www.uk-learning.net/t8181.html
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (216)
67.92%
No (102)
32.08%

Watched Threads