Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Did anybody do their extended essay on math. What type of topics did you decide to follow?

ReputationRep:
    Few people choose to do maths extended essays. This the EE popularity ranking most schools are looking at.
    1. English
    2. Humanities
    3. Sciences.
    4. Other
    5. Maths
    You may have more luck trying to get some past EEs from your IB co-ordinator (from your own school) - and if there aren't any, you'll see that few people actually consider a maths essay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raven)
    Few people choose to do maths extended essays. This the EE popularity ranking most schools are looking at.
    1. English
    2. Humanities
    3. Sciences.
    4. Other
    5. Maths
    You may have more luck trying to get some past EEs from your IB co-ordinator (from your own school) - and if there aren't any, you'll see that few people actually consider a maths essay.
    Most people at my school steered away from math. The only people who have done it have done such topics as the probabilty of winning the lottery or winning roulette. I can't even think of something challenging but understable that would get a good grade. I was thinking something about calculus.

ReputationRep:
    You can try to look at one math EE. The topic there was "A Monte Carlo Method of Integration" and got B.

ReputationRep:
    You're doing math EE? My best friend is doing her EE in math too - cryptography...I haven't read it yet so I dont know if it's going to be good, but at my school, in the past people who did EE in math didn't get a particularly good grades...most people try to stay away from math ee...I'm doing mine in English A1...

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing EE in math.. my topic is conected to mathematical modelling-linear regression analysis... It's fun, believe it or not..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stevko)
    You can try to look at one math EE. The topic there was "A Monte Carlo Method of Integration" and got B.

what was the mark for this ee?

ReputationRep:
    Opple, read what you just quoted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stevko)
    :eek: a "B"? It's too good to be a B! The content and writing style are excellent...If I was the person, I would give an A.

By the way, good luck with all those who are brave enough to write EEs in maths. In my opinion, writing EEs in maths and physics means that you are insanely courageous...

I'm thinking of writing my EE in philosophy...

ReputationRep:
    I'm writing mine in Physics...

Yea, I wouldn't have given that one a B. Maybe the formatting was off. I didn't see any word counts, for one

If I could do my EE again, I'd do it in math. Good luck, fellows.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to do EE on Maths,,,
    It seems hard to choose a suitable topic.

ReputationRep:
    my friend did it on fibonaccis
    in, this year's IB1, there are like 6 people doing maths EEs
    although ppl think its harder, my friend says its not because they teachers help u a lot. also it's about the only subject you can get away with a very low wordcount!

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.