The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

registration pack

i'm sure not if i understand what we need to send back! so if i could jut check because i am confused...
we send back in the envelope labelled 'registration' the student card form and the sports card application.
if we want to do a day of sports we send that back to coombe dingle
and the student health card and student registration card we keep till we get there????? the student registration card do we know our units now? should i have that written down somewhere. im sure i do but ive been doing nothing al summer and suddnly i have to motivate myself to do something and i can't find anything!
thank you! :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i think you got it right.

I sent the student card registration and sports pass (+ cheque) in the pre-written envelope.

The introductory week sports coaching is sent seperate, i diddn't opt to do any.

The blue health card you take with you.

I diddn't have to choose any units, i'm guessing they are sent to the relevent department. :smile:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
ok that seems sensible to me to, but in the 'reception and registration booklet' they say return presessional coaching cheque etc to coombe dingle, and on the envelope it says return it with the envelope....sorry to be a pain but which do they want? and does it really matter???
Reply 3
edit:

If you look at P 17 of the reception booklet it says you need to send it to coombe dingle, and make out the cheuqe to the uni.

Allthough i do remember seeing something written on the pre-written envelope. There does seem to be a bit odd, i'd say go with whats written in the booklet.

If you want a 100% answer i guess the only thing to do is ring up.
Reply 4
CHRIST ALIVE!

Just noticed all the stuff about student card and sports pass!

Thank god i noticed that.
Reply 5
Gexko
CHRIST ALIVE!

yeh i've just noticed it as well they hide the forms in the booklet, im lazy and dont read booklets, if the envelope for returning them wasnt there i wudnt have spotted it.
Reply 6
schism
yeh i've just noticed it as well they hide the forms in the booklet, im lazy and dont read booklets, if the envelope for returning them wasnt there i wudnt have spotted it.

yeah i only realised when someone mentioned it on here.

does anyone know when we finish our course for the 3 year ones?
Reply 7
What the donald duck? Am i m*ssing something here? I've not seen any of this stuff. Student Card Registration? Sports Pass Application? Health Card? Reception Booklet?

Errr... am i the only one who hasn't been sent this stuff yet?
Reply 8
I haven't had any of it either :rolleyes: .....apparently there have been several postal strikes in Bristol recently, so I'm hoping it might just be slow in coming but if it doesn't arrive this week I'll phone/email. Can someone who has had the pack post when the forms are due back please?
Reply 9
Phil_D
What the donald duck? Am i m*ssing something here? I've not seen any of this stuff. Student Card Registration? Sports Pass Application? Health Card? Reception Booklet?

Errr... am i the only one who hasn't been sent this stuff yet?

they all cam together in a brown envelope as well as my instructions on registering by the faculty and the finance forms to say how u are going to pay for both uni and accomodation
Reply 10
most are due mid to late sept
Reply 11
Ah, ok. So i can calm down now? I can relax, safe in the knowledge that i have yet more forms to fill in. Wonderful.

When did everyone else get theirs?
Reply 12
I'm FAIRLY sure, that the deadline for student card registration is the 16th of September. Though they said if you are late it means you might not get it on day 1.

The hall deadline for me was the 12th, which is quite soon. Though i expect this is entirely dependent on when they send it too you.

Meh, forms, theres loads of society ones aswell but i really don't know which ones to join. I've been told its a good idea to hold back with joining societies, don't wanna waste money by joining and never attending.
Reply 13
Gexko
CHRIST ALIVE!

Problem solved :biggrin:
Reply 14
Got my registration pack through this mornin'. *sighs*
its exciting! be excited!
Reply 16
Seems like I've had mine for ages, sent all the stuff off last week
Reply 17
Shelbycakes
its exciting! be excited!

The sigh was one of relief. I'm just glad i'm not missing out on important stuff.

When i've sent back all the replies.... then i'll be very excited. :wink:
Reply 18
does anyone know when we finish our course for the 3 year ones?

I wondered about this when I was filling out my student card application last week. I asked a couple of current Bristol students who said that the 'course finish' date is the last day of the summer term in the relevant year.

According to them, the last day of summer term in 2008 (relevant, therefore, to those of us starting a 3 yr course) will be 20th June.

TJ.
Reply 19
i wasn't sure what to put, so i just put the first of july of the year in question. seeing as it should be finished by then.

:confused: ohwell

Latest

Trending

Trending