This discussion is closed.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
I apologise? I have been pulled five or six times by the police whilst on my motorbike, once it was for speeding, the other times it was just tedious things such as, wearing a tinted visor, not displaying L-plate (before I passed my test) or just because my engine was too loud. Silly things really.
I've never been pulled over by the police, but most of my male friends that drive have all been pulled over, for no reason whatsoever, and had their licence and car checked. Its a waste of time really. Especially as if they were speeding, they would of been caught by one of the 50 zillion cameras around here.
xAngelx
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Chicken)
I've never been pulled over by the police, but most of my male friends that drive have all been pulled over, for no reason whatsoever, and had their licence and car checked. Its a waste of time really. Especially as if they were speeding, they would of been caught by one of the 50 zillion cameras around here.

i wish they the camera's went out for the idiot Boy racers you know where they all hang on a car park dicuss their enginee size then go racing down a street, i nearly got ran over by one and he had the cheek to have ago at me, soooo i spat in his face and car when i had stuff in my mouth, i'm a lovely girl :d
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
I believe that legally the police must post signs to say that speed cameras are in operation.
Yeah and it must be a certain distance minimum before the cameras (though i don't know what this distance is). There is one of the police speed enforcement vans that they park out on the main road most mornings, and the only sign is about a metre away from the van. That's illegal. And they changed the speed limit along that road from 50mph to 40mph without any warning, and the 40 signs are tiny. So they are still catching drivers along there who don't know the speed limit is changed. I think this is cheeky, as the police have made so much money out of that camera, but because the change in speed limit was not publicised clearly, and there are no signs along the stretch of road warning of the cameras.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by xAngelx)
does it matter the policeare full of **** i think the police in hull are **** scared off people they dare do anything to protect
LOL actually it was Grimsby but we wont argue.

Are you from Hull?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (220)
68.11%
No (103)
31.89%

Watched Threads